Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Gulet cruises with skipper and sailing boat cruises76 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
Why you should choose a skippered gulet cruise
- Let yourself be captivated by the slow rhythms of the gulet and sail through landscapes of rare beauty.
- Be a pirate on board a sailing ship: a cruise in a gulet, a charming wooden boat with two tall masts, will give you the feeling of an unforgettable adventure for adults, legendary for a family holiday with children.
- When choosing a gulet holiday, you will be guided by a skipper, often assisted by a second crew member who will be responsible for preparing some meals on board. For the maximum of luxury, think about renting a whole gulet in Turkey, where the crew is fully booked and all you have to do is pamper yourself!
- Enjoy some healthy lazing around, lulled by the waves: the gulet's spacious decks, cosy cabins and comfortable sundecks offer unparalleled comfort.
- Discover the origins of these boats by sailing on the rocks of Turkey, the home of the gulet, but also among the Greek islands: Cyclades, Dodecanese and Ionian Islands await you! Maybe you don't know that you can also explore Italy by gulet: the Aeolian Islands are a must-see.
- Don't worry if you're not a sea dog or if it's your first time on a boat: the wide and livable spaces of a gulet and the motorboat navigation along the coast will make your holiday relaxed and comfortable!
The best routes for sailing in a gulet
The best routes for a cruise on a gulet in Turkey with crew on board have as a starting point Bodrum, a tourist resort built on the ancient Halicarnassus, but also a peninsula in the south-west of the country overlooking the Aegean Sea and a privileged sailing area for gulet cruises.
Many cruises from Bodrum sail to the Datça Peninsula (or Datca), one of the most beautiful corners of Turkey, where the Aegean and Mediterranean meet: blue-green sea, quiet fishermen's taverns, archaeological sites and a myriad of small bays and sandy beaches. The peninsula is a 70km-long protected area and stretches from Marmaris to Knidos, which is the extreme point.
Another option is to sail along the coast from Bodrum towards the Gokova Gulf, discovering the famous little Seven Islands and the legendary Cleopatra's Beach.
You will be captivated by the clear, aqua-green sea framed by a landscape rich in pine forests and dotted with fishing villages.
Exclusive gulet charters in Turkey allow you to choose your own itinerary and enjoy a luxury holiday at affordable prices.
Bodrum is also an ideal starting point for gulet cruises between Turkey and Greece, towards the Dodecanese; of the 26 inhabited islands of this archipelago, the most popular are Rhodes and Kos, while Simi and Nisiros are among the closest to the Turkish coast.
Staying in Greece, you can choose a gulet cruise from Athens to the Cyclades Islands, which are characterised by typical blue-and-white houses and churches set in an arid landscape lashed by the Meltemi wind. Do you prefer the romantic Santorini with its scenic windmills overlooking the sea or Mikonos, a nightlife destination with beach parties and discos open until dawn? Each island is unique in its own way, with beautiful, lively, often perched villages, wide bays and dreamy coves, with sandy or pebble beaches.
A holiday on a boat in Greece can also take you to the Ionian (or Ionian) Islands, which are the closest in distance but also culturally to the Italian coast. There are seven islands belonging to the archipelago, of which Corfu is the largest and best known, directly accessible by ferry from Brindisi; Zante and Ithaca permeated with literary quotations, and then Kefalonia, Paxos with Anti Paxos, Cerigo and Lefkada, attached to the mainland by a mobile bridge.
Dulcis in fundo, why not also explore the coasts of Italy on board a gulet? A trip to the aeolian islands on a caique is an unforgettable experience, but we also offer unusual weekends in Calabria and schooner trips in the seas of Tuscany and Sardinia. The choice is yours!
Why choose a sailing holiday
- Cruising on a sailing ship is a unique experience. The boat has a taste of yesteryear: it offers the comforts of a motorboat but with the spectacularity of its sails that dominate the wind.
- Elegance, comfort, comfort and a sense of adventure.
- Elegance, comfort and advanced navigation systems, guarantee a sailing holiday full of adventure, relaxation and the tradition of sailing, with a service of the highest quality.
- Sailing on board is predominantly motor-assisted, which is why they are perfect for a quiet cruise and for a first sailing holiday and for families with children.
- The cabins are spacious and comparable to real 5-star hotel rooms.
- Luxurious styling and a high level of service that will make you feel cared for 24 hours a day.
- A crew dedicated to the guests, from the captain to the performers of the evening shows, all work to the best of their ability to satisfy the guests on board.
- The sailing ship is the perfect choice for those who want to experience the sea at all times of the day, but don't want to give up comfort and appreciate a luxury service on board.
- The atmosphere on board is relaxed, pleasant and informal.