Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "Transatlantic, experience of a lifetime! From the Antilles to the Azores"!
3 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
A transatlantic is an experience
unique. The ultimate sailing event. A great experience human,
come live with us.
- Reception on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning at 9:30 at the latest. We end up on the sailboat located at the port of Marigot in Saint Martin
- Provisioning on Thursday morning followed by safety briefing
- Departure heading to the Azores
- Transatlantic navigation
The final stops are considered according to the weather conditions and can be in Horta, Flores etc ...
- Arrival at the Port of Horta on the island of Faial on Wednesday morning
- Storage and cleaning before landing on Wednesday
This internship is for team members who already have experience in offshore navigation and wanting to discover the great navigation wide.
It includes the sailing of the boat, the pace, the setting of sails, choice of sails, spinnaker manoeuvres, mooring and docking, organisation in a context of transatlantic.
Possibility of taking the complete Transatlantic From the Antilles - St Laurent du Var for a total price of 2600 € instead of 3710 €
It is a racing sailboat initially designed in 2002 to participate in one of the most prestigious offshore and solo races: "La Route du Rhum". It was named in memory of the numerous friends, trainees and crew members who made its history by contributing to the adventure of the Route du Rhum of 2002 and later by sharing our courses cruises. It is an Open 55, a 16.5-meter all-aluminum monohull with 3 cabins, a large saloon and a remarkably spacious cockpit, which offers beautiful sensations of speed and lightness in a warm comfort. He is especially prepared to make transatlantic crossings safely, in record time. Enjoy his performances and share his temperament by building memorable memorabilia.
Our trip starts here
Wednesday 3 April from 17:00 until Thursday 4 April at 9:00
Our trip ends here
Wednesday 24 April from 8:00 until Wednesday 24 April at 10:00
Reviews of Hervé
Other important information
Allow 150 € per week for the cash register (to be paid to your
arrival for bunkering)
A valid passport is required!
At sea the nights are cool, even in the summer, so think about warm clothes
Polar and windproof
Out of season: gloves, hat, warm underwear
Provide spare parts in sufficient quantities (no laundry to board in navigation) Do not forget the sun protection (glasses, sunscreen, cap, long-sleeved tee-shirt, canvas pants)
Book yourself a pair of shoes to walk exclusively on the deck of the sailboat (soles leaving no black marks) and a pair of boots (no gardening boots at wholesale crampon!)
Take a sleeping bag (or sheet in the summer)
A headlamp can be very useful at night!
A small pharmacy adapted to your personal needs.
In offshore navigation and particularly in transatlantic waxed is indispensable. We can lend you one but you will always be more comfortable with your equipment).
We also recommend a specifically adapted set sailing type trousers or overalls + quarter jacket.
Put your stuff in a bag flexible that stores easily without taking up space
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.