Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Caribbean cruise on a sailing boat in Guadeloupe19 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
8 reasons to choose Guadeloupe for your next sailing holiday
- One of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean; easy to reach, they are a perfect destination for a catamaran holiday.
- Enjoying Creole dishes is a sensory experience you won't forget.
- Take an early morning trekking on an active volcano: the Soufrière. The colours up there are incredible!
- Visit "Marie Galante la magnifique" and enjoy its homemade sugar syrup.
- Watching the sun set over the sea from the bow of the boat, each evening with a different view.
- At Petit-Canal, venture into the abandoned prison, where nature has regained what was hers.
- Be overwhelmed by the vastness of the Carbet Falls.
- Go snorkelling at Petite Terre and swim with turtles, rays and lemon sharks.
The best places to visit on your next sailing cruise in Guadeloupe.
In the islands of Guadeloupe in the Caribbean Sea, the best choice is to spend a week or more on a catamaran. You will be able to go from one island to another in a few hours of sailing in the turquoise waters of the archipelago, and discover different and varied horizons for a different and unique view every day. Guadeloupe is an incredible playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Using your catamaran as a base, you can enjoy a multitude of activities and alternate between sailing, diving, snorkelling and hiking..
Travellers looking to relax can enjoy dozens of paradisiacal beaches, while hyperactive people will venture out to discover the incredible atmosphere of the Creole villages. Guadeloupe is a lush island, famous for its tropical forests and the famous sulphur volcano, which offers magnificent hiking opportunities through the waterfalls that cascade down its slopes.
The island of Guadeloupe is a paradise for travellers.
The Cousteau Reserve.
Off the coast of Basse-Terre near Bouillante, the waters surrounding the Pigeon Islets include the famous Cousteau Reserve, which includes some of Guadeloupe's most beautiful aquatic landscapes. It is a true paradise for divers and one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean.
Breathtaking views, small corners of paradise with turquoise waters, all mixed with a bit of history, lots of smiles and colourful streets. That's the recipe for happiness: a sailing cruise between the islands of Les Saintes.
Located in the south of Guadeloupe, "l'île au cent moulins" will enchant you with its authenticity, its many white sandy beaches and its anchorages in lagoons lined with cliffs, perfect for enjoying on a sailing boat. But don't forget to also explore the rhum distilleries and old mills, once used to crush sugar cane to produce the excellent local syrup.
Any ideas for a week's itinerary in Guadeloupe?.
The ideal is to embark at Pointe à Pitre, then sail according to the wind between the different islands: Les Saintes, Marie-Galante, the Petite-Terre nature reserve and Désirade, a little corner of paradise. You will then return to the main island, pass through the small fishing port of Saint François and finally reach Pointe à Pitre again, where you will disembark.
Everything you need to know about exploring the mythical Guadeloupe by catamaran or sailboat
- Guadeloupe is the perfect destination for families, sportsmen and nature lovers who wish to enjoy the joys of sailing or catamaran sailing in the Caribbean.
- Most of the intercontinental flights to Guadeloupe (Pointe-à-Pitre) depart from France; if you are travelling from Italy you will often stay in Paris.
- The best time to cruise in Guadeloupe is October to April. .
- When talking about budget, you should consider a cost between 1200€ and 2000€ all inclusive (skippered cruise, flights and transport, common box on board for additional expenses).