Travellers of all ages are welcome!
4 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
8 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
I offer you a magical cruise around one of the most fascinating islands of the French West Indies: the island of Guadeloupe!
This island is perfect for travelers looking for relaxation: you can enjoy the crystal clear waters! Those who, on the other hand, want something more adventurous will find what they are looking for: you can venture out to discover lush nature: botanical parks, volcanic park, primary forest, waterfalls, and also historical heritage sites, of the colonial period and the prehistoric sites of the pre-Columbian Indians. This is what will give you the opportunity for a great trekking excursion!
Among the different areas that we will visit during our navigation, I would like to highlight:
- Les Saintes , with their turquoise waters and typical villages
- The island of Dominica : another country, another atmosphere. With its 365 rivers and covered with a large forest, it presents exceptional natural sites: hot springs, boiling volcanic lake, waterfalls, and typical Caribbean villages.
- Marie-Galante , the island that will enchant us with its authenticity and its many white sand beaches, flat relief, and relaxed lifestyle... This is where the best rum in the archipelago is distilled, in distilleries that can be visited.
The itinerary that I propose will allow you to discover these magnificent islands in a more in-depth way, thanks also to my knowledge of the region!
Here are some examples of activities you can do:
- I can guide shore excursions in Guadeloupe, Saintes, Dominica and Marie-Galante. I know the points of interest, the levels of difficulty, the time needed, and I try to make varied excursions, with an interest in natural sites where there are no crowds.
- I know some good spots in Guadeloupe and especially in Les Saintes for snorkeling and observing local living species together.
- I also have practical experience with freediving , which can help those who wish to improve your feeling of safety and comfort "down there". I have a large dinghy to take you snorkeling.
My proposals offer intense sensations and memories, without going to the extreme. Rather, they are visits that allow you to better feel the country and enjoy the magnificent climate and nature!
Here is an example of a typical day:
8:00 a.m.: morning swim around the boat
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.: Hearty and relaxed breakfast
9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.: Guided or free trekking on land
11:00 a.m.: Departure at sea. Lunch while sailing
4:00 p.m.: Arrival at destination. Swimming, visit
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Start of the evening on board
9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: "we reduce the volume", if there are young children on board...
The itinerary is subject to change depending on health restrictions in the countries visited. A list of luggage is provided at registration.
Gibsea Master 522
My boat is a staysail cutter, designed for ocean sailing with a large crew, because it has 4 cabins and a kitchen made for the high seas. All the sails are on furling, they are maneuvered alone if necessary and it is a great security. As soon as the wind rises, we pack the genoa out of the staysail, and there, we can spread a big grain.Les equipments allow a great autonomy, up to a month. It feels safe, at the helm, in all the sea, even against the wind. It goes particularly well in a sea contrary, because its old hull has "hollow" and never hit.
Our trip starts here
Sunday 19 March from 17:00 until Sunday 19 March at 20:00
Our trip ends here
Thursday 30 March from 9:00 until Thursday 30 March at 10:00
Reviews of Jean-Baptiste
Other important information
Cabin and private space
You have a private cabin with a double berth 140 wide, storage lockers, a wardrobe, a bathroom including wc, washbasin, shower and cupboard. You can rest there at any time, even at sea if you are amarinated, i.e. after about 2 days.
For the sake of autonomy, a large supply is made at the port of departure by a team of volunteers. It's about gathering fresh products that can be kept and that will please everyone, choosing them well, storing them well in the holds without forgetting them afterwards... Everyone's participation is welcome for the storage! The skipper is used to and knows the good traders who can deliver directly to the quay.
Generally, the fresh air of the sea whets the appetites... of some more than others, and without putting a little order to it, we will always find the same ones in the stove while the others bathe... Also we generally offer rotating in teams of 2 (kitchen-dishes-storage): with many exceptions, don't worry!
Rhythm of life, sleep, noise
After the hustle and bustle of going on vacation, sailing often has a deep relaxing effect. In summer, during the day, the vast foredeck is transformed into a pleasant space for siesta, idleness and reading. The first night at anchor - with the small adaptations that this may cause - is quickly forgotten! The sea air, the sun and the daily walks interspersed with swimming guarantee you all the benefits of a recuperative sleep. For your comfort, the skipper makes sure to find anchorages as calm as possible.
On board you will find many books, novels, records, DVDs and board games for all ages.
Luggage and sea equipment
A choice of fins, masks, snorkels is available, as well as some oilskins. But if you have some, take your own equipment instead. For the rest of your luggage, a list of recommended equipment will be sent to you upon registration.
The general state of cleanliness of the boat is maintained by the skipper (who wants a shot tomorrow to brush the deck!). Before leaving the boat, however, the occupants of each cabin are asked to leave it clean, as well as its bathroom.
Fuel, water and electricity Traveling through a country with a limited quantity of fuel, not wasting fresh water, using solar energy for lighting, music and the fridge… a possible and not painful experience!
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.