Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Catamaran Sailing holidays in Croatia9 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
6 reasons to rent a catamaran in Croatia:
- Sample the most delicious Croatian specialities and plan an intimate dinner on the deck of the catamaran in convivial company every now and then.
- Visit the most beautiful Croatian towns and islands together with your local and professional skipper.
- Enjoy the luxury and comfort of a catamaran while having a great time with your loved ones.
- You can watch dolphins from the catamaran's net and swim with them.
- Thanks to the wonderful Mediterranean climate, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best sailing conditions and learn to sail together with your professional skipper
- Since catamarans are stable in the water, you don't have to worry about getting seasick.
The best places to visit during a catamaran tour in Croatia:
With thousands of kilometres of coastline and more than 1,000 islands, everyone can find the perfect sailing trip to suit their taste in Croatia. Crystal-clear water, impressive cliffs and enchanting old towns: Croatia inspires thousands of sailors every year. That's why we've put together all the highlights you shouldn't miss if you decide to discover Croatia on a catamaran.
Plitvice National Park
Our first recommendation, is no longer an insider tip: Plitvice National Park can now more or less be seen as a must-see if you are planning a sailing holiday in Croatia. And rightly so. The lakes shimmer in emerald green and sapphire blue hues, narrow wooden paths that lead you through the park take you to hidden waterfalls and open up a landscape of impressive beauty. It's an outdoor enthusiast's paradise that you should plan to visit on a shore excursion during your sailing trip.
Europe's most beautiful beach 2019: Pasjača
If you're planning a sailing trip on a catamaran in Croatia, Pasjača beach should be at the top of your list. This beach was named "the most beautiful beach in Europe" in 2019. Boat trips are often taken to the beach from Dubrovnik. So if you plan your catamaran tour around Dubrovnik, ask your skipper to pay a quick visit to this beautiful beach.
The Heart Island - Galešnjak
We generally think that sailing on a luxury catamaran in Croatia is a very good idea for special occasions like a unforgettable honeymoon. But since the heart island of Galešnjak in Croatia was discovered via Google Maps in 2009, it makes for a perfect romantic sailing trip. Hire a skippered catamaran in Croatia, sail with your sweetheart into stunning sunsets and organise a romantic dinner on the heart-shaped island.
Dolphin watching on the island of Lošinj.
When you explore Croatia on a catamaran, you'll have the chance to spot dolphins off the island of Lošinj, surrounded by turquoise waters, if you're lucky. The waters of Kvarner, known to be very clean and pure, are home to a group of about 200 dolphins. Sail on a catamaran in Croatia and meet these friendly sea creatures.
Catamaran Hire Croatia
If you want to charter a catamaran, you have plenty of options here in Croatia. If you're travelling with a group of friends or your family, you may prefer to be among yourselves. Chartering a catamaran is the perfect solution. If you are not an experienced sailor, you can hire a skippered catamaran. Your local skipper will take you to the most beautiful beaches and hidden coves and make your holiday unforgettable.
Everything you need to know about sailing on a catamaran in Croatia:
- The best time for a sailing trip on a catamaran in Croatia is from May to mid-October. During the mild Croatian summer, you will usually find ideal sailing conditions and you can even sleep under the open sky on the catamaran's net on warm summer nights.
- Croatia is known as a relatively affordable sailing destination. You will find on Sailsquare the possibility to come on board of a catamaran for a fortnight starting at 800€ per person.
- The journey from Germany, Austria and Switzerland can be made by car or plane.