This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
AHOY! Climb aboard our Sustainable Sailing Expedition to the beautiful Dodecanese Islands , located between the Cyclades and Turkey!
Become part of our Eco Pirates crew and:
- Learn to sail or put your experience into practice
- Find out how to live in harmony with nature on a sailing boat
- Get to know other adventurous pirates who think like you!
We will start our expedition from Amorgos , the easternmost island of the Cyclades. Amorgos is known for its spectacular mountain landscapes and the famous Olympia shipwreck on one of its beaches. From there we will sail east towards the Dodecanese islands. We will focus on exploring the islands north of Kos .
Kalimnos is famous for climbing and for centuries-old shipwrecks on the seabed. Leros is the most fertile and verdant in the Dodecanese, as it was said to be the favorite island of the Greek goddess of wild nature, Artemis. Lipsi Island is a beautiful and peaceful escape, great for snorkeling. On the island of Makronisi , south of Lipsi, there are even underwater caves and a completely enclosed marine lake to explore… What more do you want?
For this expedition, expect tranquility in spectacular anchorages, bays and charming traditional villages . After enjoying all these natural wonders, we will return to civilization and spend our last night at the port of Kos to visit the beautiful old town.
The exact route will depend on the wind conditions. We will sleep as much as possible at anchor, in full nature . We will spend the first and last night in port.
Our boat is a Ketch Endurance 44, a unique, handmade sailboat with five sails and two masts: perfect for real pirates sailing!
What is a sustainable sailing expedition?
On board this expedition, we travel and live respecting the sea and we promote the protection of the marine environment. All meals on board are 100% vegan and non-vegans are very welcome! Be amazed by our delicious cuisine, even gluten-free on request. We only use biodegradable personal hygiene products of excellent quality (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc ... included in the price). We also try to create as little waste as possible, avoiding single-use plastics at all costs.
The theme of this expedition is to reconnect with nature and the elements, and to navigate and live sustainably as a crew of ecological pirates!
Who we are? We are Captain Tommaso and Marinaio Laura, a couple of passionate sailors who want to share a healthy and environmentally friendly lifestyle with as many people as possible!
How to get?
The airports close to Amorgos are Mykonos, Athens and Santorini. Amorgos has a very good ferry connection.
The airports near Kos are Kos and Rodhos. There are good ferry connections from Kos and Rodhos.
1 spot available
per personmore info
Ketch Endurance 44 (Enzo Tenerelli)
Our sailboat is a Ketch Endurance 44, 14 meters long with a long keel and a ferrocement hull. It was built by hand by a single man, Enzo Tenerelli, from 1980 to 1991. I, Tommaso, have been its captain since 2017 and have been repairing and restoring it ever since.
Our ketch has 2 masts and 5 sails: mainsail, jib, staysail, mizzen and gennaker. The large deck is made entirely of teak and there is plenty of room to relax. We also have plenty of cushions for outside and a large shade cloth.
The interior of the boat is completely made of wood, which makes it very welcoming. Our pilot house has large windows and is very bright and open. We have a lounge with sofas, dining table, library and a fully equipped kitchen with large refrigerator, stove, sinks and salt water pump for washing dishes.
On board there is a bathroom with manual toilet, sink and indoor and outdoor shower with cold water only (in summer it is so hot that hot water is not necessary).
We have 4 cabins, each with hatch and wardrobe. The forward cabin of the boat has a double bed, then there is a single private cabin and another double cabin with a bunk bed. Finally there is the captain's cabin.
Our engine is a new Volvo penta 75 hp from 2017. Diesel depots have a total capacity of 500 liters, Garmin chartplotter, AIS, Garmin GWind transducer with log and hydraulic autopilot. We also have a brand new 33kg Rocna anchor, voted one of the safest anchors in the world!
Our boat is packed with green energy from 4 solar panels (for a total of 750W) and a wind generator (500W). For safety reasons we also have a 2 kW generator on board.
We have a 400 liter water tank and an extra 100 liter water tank. We produce our fresh water with our watermaker (65 l / hour) and we also purify our drinking water with a purification tank, therefore, no plastic bottles on board!
Our dinghy is 2m70, ideal for 4 passengers, with a 6 hp outboard motor (Suzuki).
Our trip starts here
Monday 18 July from 16:00 until Monday 18 July at 18:00
Our trip ends here
Monday 25 July from 8:00 until Monday 25 July at 9:00
Other important information
What to bring on board?
- Travel bag or backpack NO hard suitcases!
- Two towels: one for fresh water, one for salt water. Also available for 15 € extra
- Sunscreen safe for the sea: based on micro (non-nano) minerals of titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. Write us for more info!
- Reusable bottle
- Seasickness medicine if needed
- For smokers: a personal portable ashtray
- If you really need it, you can only bring your personal hygiene products if they are 100% biodegradable. Otherwise we will provide you with shampoo, body soap and toothpaste, included in the price!
Get ready to be active! Become a member of our environmental association and collaborate as a crew on board.
Let's sail together, cook together, have fun together! :-) Our exact sailing route depends entirely on the wind!
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Meals onboard
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Frutta e verdura fresca - €30 a persona
- Asciugamani (se non porti il tuo) - 15€
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 50-150€ per person.