No holiday found.
Currently there are no listed holidays matching your search.
How about widening your search?
Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Gulet Sailing holidays in Greece19 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
Why choose a crewed gulet holiday in Greece
- Taking a cruise on a schooner is a unique experience. The Turkish-built boat combines the aesthetics of a two-masted sailing vessel with the comfort of a motor boat. Built from solid wood (mahogany, teak, iroko or pine), the schooner has a wider hull than a sailboat, providing more space in the cabins and outside. The cabins are en-suite, the deck is wide and the sunbathing areas forward, while aft there is plenty of space in the shade to read and rest while sailing.
- You can choose to go on a holiday in Greece aboard a schooner in cabin charter mode, joining other people you don't know or, if you are a group of friends or a family with children, you can opt for the exclusive schooner charter and freely choose your itinerary, according to your wishes and schedule.
- The schooner sails preferably on the coast, in sheltered areas, with calm seas and a wind that is never too strong, so it offers the right conditions for boat holidays with your children, but also with older children.
- Each island in Greece is like a world of its own, with scenes to remember for a whole winter, sea-side tavernas, small clubs where you can party and enjoy the local gastronomic specialties : a schooner holiday in Greece will give you the opportunity to travel during the day and enjoy the fantastic sea, moor in the road for the night and drop ashore in a dinghy, discover and experience the mainland: truly the best!
- The best time for a Greek Islands cruise is June to September, when air and sea temperatures are perfect. The mid-seasons are also pleasant, with sunny, stable weather, little rainfall, crisp air... and certainly very attractive prices.
Greece has thousands of islands, over 5,000, of which "only" 200 are inhabited.
There are seven main archipelagos, each with its own history, nature and traditions. Schooner holidays in Greece are concentrated in a few of them, where the weather conditions allow for calm coastal sailing, without too much wind.
Take a moment and imagine yourself on the deck of your schooner, moored in a deserted bay, admiring the sunset with a glass of ouzo in hand and delicious local olives as an appetizer. So when are you leaving?
Joining Athens by sailboat or schooner, the Cyclades Islands are distinguished by their typical blue and white houses and churches, set in an arid landscape whipped by the Meltemi wind. Some of the islands are among the best known and most developed from a tourist point of view: do you prefer the romantic Santorini with its picturesque windmills overlooking the sea or Mikonos, a nightlife destination with beach parties and discos open until dawn? During your sailing holiday in the Cyclades archipelago, you can also explore the quiet - and perhaps even more surprising - islands of Milos, Serifos, Sifnos and Kithnos.
Each island is unique in its own way, with beautiful, lively, often perched villages, wide bays and dreamy coves with sandy or pebble beaches.
Dodecanese Islands and Turkey
On the Dodecanese islands, closer to Turkey than to Greece, one already breathes in oriental atmospheres. Of the 26 inhabited islands, the most popular are Rhodes and Kos. Itineraries for Dodecan gulet often include touring the Turkish coast, including the Datça (Dacta) peninsula, one of the most beautiful corners of Turkey, via the island of Simi and Nisiros with its volcano. Choosing a schooner holiday in the Dodecanese certainly has the feel of an affordable trip or cruise.
These are the closest Greek islands, by distance but also culturally, to the Italian coast. The archipelago has seven islands, including Corfu, the largest and best known, directly accessible by ferry from Brindisi; Zakynthos and Ithaca, steeped in literary references, then Kefalonia, Paxos with Anti Paxos, Cerigo and Lefkada, linked to the mainland by a movable bridge.
With a schooner cruise to the Ionian Islands, or even better with an exclusive schooner charter, you can discover the hidden side of fashionable Zakynthos, Ugo Foscolo's Zakynthos: not only do you get access to the beautiful Wreck Beach, but you can also enjoy the wild northern headlands from the sea.
Ithaca is famous for being the home of Odysseus, and its rugged coastline is dotted with bays and coves, picturesque villages and charming harbours, perfect for a schooner ride.
If you can't arrange a gulet cruise in Greece, try to find out about gulet holidays in the Aeolian Islands, or consider chartering an exclusive gulet in Turkey. The Greece is waiting for you next time!
What you need to know for your next schooner holiday in the Greek islands:
- On your Greek holidays, you will be able to count on a skipper, often assisted by at least one other crew member: they will kindly and professionally take care of the navigation and some of the meals on board; if you are looking for a total relaxation holiday, look among the crewed holidays proposals and you will be even more pampered!
- Each gulet usually has 4 or 5 double cabins with private bathrooms and the large size of the boat (the most common size is around 20 metres) allows for a pleasant travel experience where everyone can enjoy their privacy, which is even more pronounced in the case of exclusive yacht charter.
- The sailing aboard a schooner is done with the use of engines, which is why they are called motor sails or motor sails and they are ideal for a quiet cruise. The flat keel of the hull makes it easy to dock in sheltered bays near beaches, to swim and dive to discover the wonders of the seabed, but also to have games in the water and romantic dinners in the roadstead. Sailing on a schooner gives you the feeling of a legendary adventure... ideal for a group of friends, unforgettable for a nautical holiday with children!