Saronic Islands and Athens area
For travellers from 20 to 65 years old.
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "Offshore sailing on a Swan 65 from Sicily to Patras"!
5 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
We will leave Saturday 7 July from Siracusa for the 320 nautical miles to Patras.
Seas can be heavy during our crossing so be prepared for some serious sailing!
I will be accompanied by one of my best sailing mates, allowing you to either "sit back and enjoy the ride" or participate actively in the day and night crossing.
After resting somewhere around Patras we will set sail for the Corinthian channel, which weatherwise can be a challenge once we head out for Athens. So bring foulweather gear, although we expect the sun to always shine!
I will have on board my co-skipper Rob S. to help me and grant even more safety.
Our boat (which we have owned for 20 years) is the first of the famous Sparkman and Stephens designed Swan 65 ketch line. She sleeps 8, has a classic interior in typical Nautor style with matte-finish teak. The aft Owners cabin and the Port cabin have an ensuite bathroom, with wc and shower. The Starboard cabin has a shared bathroom (wc and shower) with the Forward cabin. The salon is particularly comfortable and the open-plan galley is very well equipped. There is a 180 liter per hour watermaker. The RIB is an AB 320 Alu with 15 hp 2 stroke Yamaha engine, for luxurious fast and safe transportation. At 50 years of age she is in pristine condition, boasting a new teakdeck. This will be our 2nd season in the Caribbean after having sailed her from Italy in 2021.
Our trip starts here
Siracusa, Province of Syracuse, Italy
Friday 6 July from 14:00 until Friday 6 July at 21:00
Our trip ends here
Athens, Central Athens, Greece
Friday 13 July from 6:00 until Friday 13 July at 18:00
Reviews of Pieter
Other important information
Ik ben Nederlander en spreek Nederlands :-)
Ich bin Holländer und spreche Deutsch.
Je suis Hollandais et je parle Francais.
I am Dutch and speak English.
Sono olandese e comprendere italiano di base
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Passage fee for Corinthian Channel (€60 per person)
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.