Saronic Islands and Athens area
Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This experience is almost confirmed
5 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
- Food & Wine
Brief description of the holiday
The course is aimed at sailing enthusiasts who want to approach the autonomous management of a boat in many of the situations that can occur at sea.
We will put into practice the notions you have had in your previous experiences, whether they are theoretical or practical.
The commander will operate to RYA standards
You will have the opportunity to actively participate in a 10-day Full Immersion sailing course aboard a 54-foot boat perfectly equipped for any type of navigation.
The aim of the course is to make you acquire theory and practicality in sailing a sailboat in order to make you independent and safer in critical situations.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- We will deal with mooring in all its facets, at the wheel, with lines on the ground, English mooring, mooring in port.
- An important and fundamental part will be that of planning each navigation with reading and checking of the weather forecasts .
- We will use the Nautical chart to locate the ship's point and learn to locate our position on the map at any time.
- We will sail in a sea as welcoming as it is demanding where it will be necessary to dose the sail area to navigate safely.
- A very important part will be dedicated to the roles of the captain in relation to the safety of the boat and its guests , as well as to the ordinary and extraordinary maintenance of the boat also for safety purposes.
- We will sail at night simulating extreme situations that we could find at any moment.
If you have attended a theoretical sailing course or obtained your boat license and are still unsure about running or renting a boat, this is the experience for you.
RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
AICS Sailing Instructor
RYA First Aid
VHF License RYA
The boat is a 2016 Kufner 54 equipped with 5 cabins that can comfortably accommodate up to 10 people. Although very recent, I found it appropriate to renew and customize it with many components and equipment suitable for hosting. New solar panels, Davits to lift the Tender, 2 Sup to enjoy the bays in freedom.
It has 3 double cabins with private bathroom for exclusive use, again one double and one with bunk beds with separate shared bathroom. Each bed has comfortable mattresses and slatted frames.
It has spaces comparable to a catamaran but with all the seaworthiness qualities of a monohull.
The unique feature of this model is the immense teak deck and a dream sunbathing cushions, a really large cockpit, an extendable stern platform to go up after every swim in absolute comfort,
Dinette and fully equipped kitchen.
Our trip starts here
Friday 14 April from 16:00 until Friday 14 April at 23:00
Our trip ends here
Monday 24 April from 6:00 until Monday 24 April at 9:00
Reviews of Manuele
Other important information
Boarding is foreseen in Corfu , the only possibility of boarding in the Ionian islands with direct flights from Italy.
We will sail towards Athens , towards the Peloponnese, in a unique and unforgettable sailing experience that combines emotions that only fast sailing gives you and we will be rewarded every day with excellent food , which I consider a fundamental part of life on a boat, even when sailing.
I will teach the preparation of healthy, nutritious and balanced dishes to be prepared before or during navigation to be consumed even in demanding situations.
Do not hesitate to contact me via the appropriate button to plan an unforgettable experience together, even if you want to customize the embarkation and disembarkation dates.
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 50-150€ per person.