Yacht sailing holidays & skippered tours in the Maldives
Discover the magic of sailing holidays in the Maldives! Get onboard with a local skipper and live a unique adventure with your crew: learn to sail, explore incredible places, recharge your batteries and experience the local culture & gastronomy.
Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
8 reasons to sail in the Maldives:
- It's almost a must to explore the island nation in the Indian Ocean on a sailing yacht
- Luminous blue, shimmering in every shade imaginable
- Landscapes that blur dream and reality
- Explore the archipelago before it disappears into the ocean with rising sea levels
- Relax on palm tree beaches with brilliant white sand
- Discover the enchanting underwater world of the Maldives and snorkel the archipelago's stunning reefs
- Escapes the European winter and relax in the tropical paradise
- Watch the most beautiful sunsets that will enchant you
The most beautiful places you can't miss while sailing in the Maldives:
Sailing on a catamaran through turquoise waters, enjoying a wonderful dinner at single sandbars and discovering tropical uninhabited islands: You can fulfill this dream sailing vacation in the Maldives. Whether with the whole family, friends or as a couple, you will have an unforgettable time at sea.
Makunudu, Malé Atoll
Makunudu is a paradise for divers and snorkelers. The coral reefs offshore of the island shine in all imaginable colors, exotic fish can be observed and with a little luck you can also swim with water turtles. If you long for a little relaxation after an exhausting day of diving, you can do the same on one of the island's beautiful palm beaches. Relax with a book in your hand and the sound of the gentle waves of the crystal clear water in your ear.
Gan, Addu Atoll
Gan is one of the largest islands in the Maldives. Here is thus a little more hustle and bustle you will find but still enough secluded paradise beaches on which you can retreat. In addition, Gan is one of the few islands where tourists and locals meet. So if you want to get in touch with Maldivian residents, Gan is definitely worth a visit.
Mayaafushi, Ari Atoll
Mayaafushi is the perfect island especially for families. The shallow-sloping beaches are super for kids, and they rival the beauty of beaches of other islands. Bright white sand, palm trees in the background and bright blue water...
Kuramathi, Rasdhoo Atoll
The island of Kuramathi is a paradise for adventure seekers. If you go on a dive here you have a good chance to meet different species of sharks. That you can observe rays and octopuses is also almost guaranteed here. In addition, Kuramathi is one of the few islands where you can also find nightlife.
The best way to explore the Maldives is on a catamaran. Sail from atoll to atoll on a luxurious catamaran and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience. For a premium trip to the Maldives, you'll need to budget higher, but for a special occasion this is just the ticket.
Everything you need to know for sailing in the Maldives:
- The best time to visit the Maldives is during the dry monsoon season from November to April.
- For a week of sailing in the Maldives, you should budget approximately 1200€ plus travel to and from.
- Flights with a stopover can be found from all major German airports.
The most beautiful routes for sailing in the Maldives:
- 11 days sailing Maldives: You start your sailing trip in Hulhumale and sail to the first sandbank of your vacation. Kuda Wataru. This picturesque place is perfect to snorkel, swim and relax. Then you will continue to Boduhithi Finolhu another sandbar and Ziyaaraiy Fushi lagoon. It continues to Shahjahan sandbank with brilliant white powder sand and to the uninhabited island of Innafushi. The next day we sail to Muthaafushi and Maarikilu. The two uninhabited islands inspire with unique tropical vegetation and invite you to explore. In the evening we head for Meedhoo, a quiet village where we spend the night. Kotte Faru and Vandhoo are on the agenda on day six, Gemana Finolhu on day seven. More gorgeous islands and pristine islets follow on day eight, before heading to the quiet village of Eydhasushi. On day ten and 11 are once again stunning sandbars with the opportunity to snorkel and dive on the program.