This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
I wait for you on board to start our sailing experience together on Saturday: when you arrive at the port you settle in your cabins while we prepare for the first dinner on board and get familiar with the boat. This will be our rough itinerary:
- Sunday : We drop the moorings in the direction of Favignana, depending on the wind direction we will go for a swim in Cala Rossa or Cala Azzurra, sailing time 2 hours. Splendid cove, the lounge of the "Egadi Islands" Marine Protected Area, is one of the most beautiful beaches in Italy. In the afternoon after many dives and relaxation, on the sails for the south western coast of Favignana, we will spend the night at Preveto, where the silence and the colors of the sunset will leave you breathless.
- Monday : After a good breakfast and a dip we head to the most distant island of the Egadi, Marettimo. It is the wildest and most unspoiled of the Egadi. Thanks to its distance, the impervious nature of the mountain and the scarce impact of man on the environment, it preserves a very precious vegetative and faunistic heritage, where they have managed to live almost unique rare species of the Mediterranean. We moor at the buoy under Punta Troia in a splendid and unspoiled landscape, with the possibility of visiting the castle overlooking the sea. Dinner in a typical restaurant with lobster soup and visit of the village.
- Tuesday : We set sail from Marettimo to arrive in Levanzo in a couple of hours, we will go to get the buoy at Cala Tramontana immersed in a blue sea that has nothing to envy to the Caribbean. It is the smallest and least inhabited of the Egadi islands. It is an intimate and primordial island, it has preserved its habitat almost intact where a rock flora with many endemic species thrives. After lunch it is possible to visit the famous Grotta del Genovese dating back to the Palaeolithic-Neolithic period with its splendid graffiti and paintings on the walls. Some of them depict animals that primitive man hoped to hunt, while others depict figures engaged in a ritual dance, testifying to a place used for the magical-religious sphere of the life of the primitive men who lived there. Dinner is scheduled in a typical restaurant in the village of Levanzo.
- Wednesday : This morning we move to San Vito lo Capo anchoring near the long white beach, 3.5 hours sailing time. Lunch at anchor, swimming and visit to the town and dinner at the restaurant with the famous San Vito couscous.
- Thursday: The Zingaro reserve is the famous natural park that is worth a visit, swimming in front of the tuna trap of Scoppello and after 4 hours of sailing we return to the island of Favignana to visit the town and dine in one of the many characteristic restaurants.
- Friday : Guided visit to the ancient tonnara of Favignana, lunch at the buoy on the east coast of the island at the Bue Marino. Last baths and return to the port of Marsala for dinner at the restaurant.
- Saturday : Disembarkation of guests by 10:00 am
Attention: our itinerary may vary according to weather conditions; depending on the moon and the tide we could also reverse the order of the stages.
This is our boat: OYSTER 56 - 18.50 meters
The Oyster boats, from the English shipyard of the same name, are renowned for the particular attention paid to detail and offer an unforgettable experience in navigation, in the cockpit and below deck. Bow double cabin. Left side cabin with 2 bunk beds. Starboard side bathroom with electric toilet and walk-in shower. Living area (dinette): on the left side the table that can accommodate up to 12 people seated surrounded by a large circular sofa, on the starboard side sofa next to the correspondence area / management of on-board systems behind which there is a single cabin with bed. Finally, there is a last comfortable seat in the dinette. Aft the double cabin with the second private bathroom with electric toilet and shower cabin. Large, well-equipped kitchen with 4 tilting burners, oven, 2-bowl sink, 2 large fridges and freezer, Air Conditioning, Barbecue, 90 l / h watermaker, 8 kW power generator, internal / external HiFi system, MP3 player , 36 "LCD TV, Apple TV. Wireless zone, internet telephony / data GPS, SSB, VHF, Radar, AlS, ChartPlotter. On deck we find: large central cockpit with table, steering console and navigation instruments, Spryhood, Bimini with solar panels, servo-assisted deck equipment, various seats and sunbathing areas, external shower, a comfortable and safe hydraulic gangway at the stern allows you to getting on and off very easily. The boat can accommodate 6 guests, to the advantage of comfort and pleasure of staying on board an uncommon boat. Free use for guests of trolling, snorkelling, kaiak and water skiing equipment. Complete equipment for diving scuba tanks for 2 people. Aft electric davits for the rigid keel tender with steering wheel and 20 HP outboard engine.
Fuel tank: 1,600 liters
Water tank: 1,100 liters
Total displacement of the boat 32,000 kg.
Total sail area: 334 m2 (mainsail, genoa, staysail, code1)
Inboard engine Yanmar 140 HP, average consumption 20 L / h
Our trip starts here
Trapani, TP, Italia
Saturday 8 August from 18:00 until Saturday 8 August at 22:00
Our trip ends here
Trapani, TP, Italia
Saturday 15 August from 10:00 until Saturday 15 August at 13:00
Reviews of Andrea
Other important information
Trapani Birgi Airport is about 15 minutes from the port of Trapani, reachable by public transport or taxi. I recommend carrying soft luggage and not rigid suitcases as they are easier to stow. Do not forget the sunscreen and remember that you are on board one of the most comfortable and safest shipowners in the world. In case of more information, do not hesitate to contact me. On request it is possible to have hostess / cook on board with an additional price. The reservation to be made at least 15 days before departure.
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly online via credit card, or via wire transfer by contacting our Customer Support.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days and the share is higher than 500 Euros, you can pay a deposit of 30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. Contact our Customer Support to benefit from this payment scheme.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.