No holiday found.
Currently there are no listed holidays matching your search.
How about widening your search?
Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Yacht sailing holidays & skippered tours in the Aegadian Islands581 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
8 reasons for a sailing vacation in the Egadi Islands
- To be fascinated by the varied and wild nature and by the scents of the bushes of lentisk, carob and oleander .
- Taste the typical flavors of the Sicilian fish cuisine based on fish couscous, grilled tuna, spaghetti with tuna roe, sea urchins, limpets.
- Make breakfast in the pastry shop (but also snack and aperitif) with granite of mulberries, brioches "co tuppo'' and Sicilian cannoli. .
- Sunbathing on the flat rocks of Cala Rossa or indulge in a natural beauty treatment with the mud of Cala Azzurra in Favignana .
- Do a sail-trekking in Marettimo between dolomitic rocks, woods to walk, sources, pastures and caves.
- Taste the authentic life of the people of the sea and listen to the amazing stories of local fishermen.
- Go to the discovery of the white cliffs of Levanzo with breathtaking backdrops where you can snorkel .
- Relax in a corner of the Mediterranean still quite unspoiled and away from mass tourism (especially sailing).
The best places to discover in the Egadi Islands on a sailing boat or catamaran
In the most extreme point of the Western Sicily, the Egadi Islands are a corner of the Mediterranean still uncontaminated, where you can taste the authentic life of the people of the sea. The zone, with its 53.992 hectares, constitutes the Marina Protected Area more extended of Europe. A spectacle of unparalleled beauty, in which the three major islands - Favignana, Levanzo and Marettimo - plus a series of islets and rocks emerge.
Not yet swept away by mass tourism, the islands of this archipelago offer a varied and wild nature and a mild and warm climate for almost the whole year.
You will sail among the splendid islands, surrounded by crystal clear waters of extraordinary beauty, and you will land in places rich in history and folklore, delighted by unique scents and flavors.
Fresh fish is never lacking on the tables of these islands. Fish couscous, barbecued tuna, spaghetti with tuna roe, sea urchins, limpets, langoustines and lobsters are just some of the delicious dishes you can enjoy. Last stop, Trapani. City of art that loves to live of night, offers many places, restaurants but also concerts of every type in ancient and evocative frames. From here it will be easy to reach Marsala, splendid city with many wine cellars to visit or to make return towards the airports of Trapani or Palermo.
Favignana is the biggest of the islands: here blue bays and baths with dives from the rocks are the order of the day in every roadstead!
In the port it is possible to visit the incredible cemetery of the anchors and the tonnara Florio, one of the most important of the Mediterranean, exemplary place of how much the industrial archaeology has to offer.
Typical of the island they are the paths sterrati between the fields and the quarries of tufo to open sky, than, together to the muretti to dry, they contribute to give a particular aspect and evocative to the whole island.
You can rent a bike for the turn of the island, but also to climb to the Semaforo, an ancient point of sighting that gives enchanting glimpses on the sea. The evening in the port will be an opportunity to go out to dinner and taste local specialties, tuna products, wines and the typical grenadine as dessert.
Levanzo is the smallest of the Egadi, a small jewel in the transparent sea. It is in fact an island of just 6 square kilometers, which deserves to be circumnavigated with the luxury of slowness to discover the beaches of the creeks Minnola, Tramontana, Camarro.
The small and quaint town, which stands at the inlet of Cala Dogana, preserves intact all aspects of an ancient fishing village. Untouched beaches and spectacular caves make it the ideal destination for snorkeling enthusiasts.
Marettimo, wild and untouched, is the third island of the Egadi, the farthest from the Sicilian coast. Perhaps the fact that it is further away has allowed it to keep its wild and solitary character intact, making it unforgettable. A Dolomite mountain in the middle of the sea, with forests, springs and pastures, but also a sea with incredible depths and caves that are among the most beautiful in Italy.
4 Things to know for a sailing vacation in the Egadi Islands
- The best period for a sailing vacation in the Egadi Islands is from May to September, obviously August is the most touristic month. June and September instead are perfect for a cruise between the islands, less crowded and with lower prices than July and August. .
- The easiest way to get to the Egadi Islands is to arrive by train or airplane to Trapani from where you embark. Alternatively, many international flights land in Palermo where trains and regular bus services connect the city with the port of Trapani.
- You can find offers of sailing vacations in the Egadi from 400€ per person for a week. Much depends of course on the type of boat and the period.
- In couple, with friends or in family the Egadi Islands are the ideal destination for those who love to be in contact with nature and want to regenerate the body and, above all, the mind. Thanks to the sea breeze, the climate is not sultry and the constant wind allows you to navigate in peace and quiet.