Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Flotilla yacht sailing holidays & tours in the Aeolian Islands374 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
6 reasons why you should travel to the Aeolian Islands by flotilla:
- Take a trip to the waters of Filicudi and Alicudi to discover ancient shipwrecks that make it one of the best dive sites in Italy
- Scale Stromboli with a local guide or simply enjoy the natural fireworks of the sea.
- Discover Panarea's nightlife and host a boat party next to one of its dreamy beaches.
- Mild climate and constant wind, ideal for sailing, especially if you want to learn to sail or improve your sailing skills.
- Enjoy local specialties, including cunzato bread with a glass of Malvasia, not to mention the famous Sicilian cannoli, perfect for hot summer days.
Sail to the Aeolian Islands: discover the "7 sisters" by flotilla
The seven Aeolian Islands, also known as the "seven sisters" of Sicily, have been declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to their natural diversity. Each island is a world, all different and all extraordinary.
A flotilla vacation will allow you to enjoy exceptional views. You can stop in the middle of Lipari's cliffs or visit the Sciara del Fuoco by boat at night and watch the lava flow into the sea, giving the waters a deep reddish color.
This beautiful volcanic archipelago owes its name to the wind god Aeolus, who has always ruled here along with Vulcan, the god of fire. The elements that have shaped the region make it rough at times with its sheer cliffs, whose rock varies from the white of pumice to the dark red of basalt and the golden hue of sulfur.
A unique and exceptional landscape with a multitude of hidden treasures and hard to reach places. Only a sailing vacation can reveal to you all the charm of the secret places of the Aeolian Islands.
Waking up on a different island every day: a thousand things to do and a thousand places to visit
Sailing on a flotilla means visiting an island every day of the week with new friends. During the day, you'll sail to dream destinations with other boats full of travelers like you, and in the evening, you can celebrate an unforgettable boat party in the middle of Italian paradise.
Lipari is the largest island of the seven sisters, with plenty of history to tell, as this island was invaded over 4,000 years ago by Europeans in search of obsidian from the volcanoes of the Aeolian Islands. But other peoples have also passed through here, including Arabs, Greeks, Romans...
Salina is known for its great production of wine and malvasia and also has extinct volcanoes. In addition, its waters are home to a wide variety of marine species, making it a wonderful area for a snorkeling session.
The nightlife of Panarea is not easily forgotten, with a party atmosphere at night and can be considered one of the coolest islands to party on a boat or in the bars of the village itself.
The Stromboli is a fairly active volcano due to its constant reactions; take a boat trip at night to see the red lava glowing in the dark ocean.
Finally, Alicudi and Filicudi, these islands are much wilder than the others, you can dive in the waters surrounding these islands to explore a seabed full of wrecks, the area is perfect for scuba divers.
Traveling on a flotilla is an unforgettable experience, you will make new friends, do activities you never imagined you could do and visit the secret hideaways of the Aeolian Islands, places that, due to their difficult access by land, are unique and almost untouched by man.
Everything you need to know about getting to the Aeolian Islands by flotilla:
- The climate is mild year-round and the steady winds make for safe sailing from April to October. Summers are not hot as they are tempered by the breeze. In spring, the vegetation surrounding the islands offers an explosion of colors and aromas.
- Between relaxation, nature and fun, the Aeolian Islands are ideal for families and groups of friends. Adults and children alike will be fascinated by the volcanic landscapes and eruptions. Young people will find the perfect combination of adventure and fun, alternating long days on the beach and lively nights in exclusive clubs.
- The archipelago is the destination for many mini-cruises. On a flotilla trip, you can find the solution that suits you best. You will find offers from 400€ per person per week with skipper.
- The closest airports to the Aeolian Islands are Reggio Calabria, Catania and Palermo. You can also take a ferry or fast boat from Palermo or Naples to the port of embarkation, which will probably be Milazzo.