Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "3 Catamarans for 2 Weeks in Flottiglia in the Wonderful Maddalena - South Corsica"!
1 spot available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
This year we decided to sail, in August, in the fabulous sea of northern Sardinia , Maddalena Archipelago , South Corsica .
Most likely we will also take a trip to visit Bonifacio, with its beautiful fjord and some other bay nearby. We also plan to go to Asinara if the weather permits.
We will be three catamarans and a sailboat, maybe even two, that will sail together among the thousand inlets of the various islands that we will meet in the archipelago (Caprera - Maddalena - Budelli - Spargi - Razzoli - Santa Maria), within marine oases in which to sail in full sail, being lulled by the waves and then anchor to rest and make unforgettable baths in a turquoise sea of absolute beauty. Do not miss the islands of Lavezzi (with sunset in Cala Lazzarina) and Cavallo, part of southern Corsica. Maybe even a jump to Porto Vecchio and Santa Giulia.
The Maddalena Archipelago was declared a National Park in 1994 and is certainly one of the most beautiful and unspoiled areas of Sardinia.
You're one of us??
Portisco , from where we sail, is the nearest marina to Olbia and the Maddalena archipelago. It is only 2 hours of sailing from Caprera, the first island of the archipelago, without counting the many bays and bays that we can meet in this stretch of sea that separates us. These eight islands (Caprera - Maddalena - Spargi - Budelli - Razzoli - Santa Maria - Lavezzi - Cavallo) have a unique charm that makes them one of the most beautiful archipelagos of the Mediterranean.
The numerous beaches and coves of the Archipelago are known for the clarity of their waters and much appreciated by tourists from all over the world. Cala Corsara is considered one of the most beautiful: it is located on the island of Spargi and is characterized by a fine white beach and a crystalline sea. The Spiaggia Rosa , on the island of Budelli, is undoubtedly the most fascinating: it takes its name from the characteristic pink color of the sand, due to the crumbling of the shells of small marine animals.
Unforgettable will be the experience of sleeping at the bottom cradled by the waves in the many protected bays, where the only deafening noise will be the silence and lights and chaotic everyday life will be just a memory. The amazement of an aperitif at sunset , the wonder of being carried by the wind and the pure, intense pleasure of sailing await you.
We will sail together on at least 3 catamarans and a sailboat
THE PLUS OF THIS CRUISE
• A soft itinerary without long crosswind crossings or rough seas.
• Circular program that allows you to always visit different places.
• Modest on-site expenses.
• Warm and not humid weather, in August it is fabulous
• Scheduled stops in relation to the dominant wind
CAPRERA ISLAND It is the easternmost of the archipelago, moderately high (212 m the highest point in the center) and with sparse vegetation. On the west side a bridge joins the island La Maddalena. Dried and islets dot its shores. The north eastern part of the bay of S. Stefano is littered with cliffs that have emerged. Much of the island is a nature reserve, which lends itself to beautiful hikes. After the unification of Italy and the stormy events in South America, Garibaldi spent the last years of his life in Caprera. You can visit his grave and his house in South American style, which his daughter continued to live after his death after 1882. Among the most famous and very beautiful bays we mention: Cala Portese - Porto Palma - Cala Coticcio - Port Garibaldi
ISLAND LA MADDALENA It is the largest of the archipelago and the only one to own a town. Despite being mainly stony, the only one is partially cultivated and scattered green spots stand out on the bleak granite landscape. The heights rise in the south western (153 m) and northern (84 m). Its coastal perimeter, very jagged and full of protected anchors, is studded with rocks that require careful navigation below. La Maddalena is the ideal base for visiting the archipelago. With the two adjacent islands, in fact it offers beautiful anchorages, enough to fill a busy week of exploration; who instead wants to discover every corner must stay there for about a month? . The town is full of activity and is the point of support for the naval base near the navy and for the old Nato base on the island S. Stefano. The American base has contributed greatly to the prosperity of La Maddalena which still maintains its original appearance almost intact. In summer there is a massive influx of tourists residing in the mainland hotels visiting the island for a day. Among the most famous bays with a unique sea in the world we mention: Cala Francese - Cala Spalmatore - Cala Stagno Torto
ISLAND SPARGI It is the westernmost of the group, 1 Mile poor west of La Maddalena and just over 1 mile north of Punta Diego on Sardinia. The only one is rocky and moderately high (155 m the highest point). The southern end is fronted by dry Corsara. To the north west of Spargi lies Isolotto Spargiotto, whose surrounding waters fall within the special protection zone A and therefore you can not go. Spargi offers three anchorage points: Cala D'alga - Cala Corsara (the most famous, with its beach) - Cala Ferrigno
SANTA MARIA ISLAND It is located immediately east of Razzoli from which it separates the Passo degli Asinelli. To the north of Santa Maria lies Isolotto la Presa with dry slopes facing it for a short distance to the north. On the island there are two coves with a certain shelter, depending on the wind and the sea, with turquoise waters model open-air swimming pool. Cala Muro, which opens on the north-west tip under the islet La Presa. Anchoring allowed only for buoys. Cala Santa Maria. It carves the south east side of the island. Anchoring in ¾ meters on sandy ground. The cove is immersed in a spectacular rocky site, circumscribed at the bottom by a beautiful sandy beach
BUDELLI ISLAND It lies south of Razzoli and southwest of Sanata Maria from which it separates Passo Cecca di Morto, so-called for the rocky and low passage near Budelli. Around Budelli, the sea has unique colors. The most famous bays are: Cala Sud - Cala Nord - clearly the number one is the pink beach, which falls within the area of integral protection with special regulations for the environmental protection of this location.
ISOLA RAZZOLI It is the most northwest of the group, low, barren and uninhabited. The island of Razzoli is the most exposed to the north and is striking for the majesty of its cliff and the shapes of its rocks, similar to Moore's sculptures. Cala Lunga is the most famous cove. The beach is located in an inlet in the southern part of the island of Razzoli and is characterized by a very thin white sand and a clear and crystalline sea. The landscape surrounding the beach consists mainly of granite rocks and Mediterranean vegetation. The beach can only be reached by sea and for this we will not have problems.
LAVEZZI ISLAND (Corsica) Lavezzi is a small jewel of nature and sea. It is part of the Natural Reserve of the Bocche di Bonifacio, a vast protected area between Corsica and Sardinia. There are several coves scattered around the island. The most famous is Cala Lazzarina. Spending a night inside the harbor is fabulous and unique, the sunset unforgettable.
Check out the crew!
Several boarding classes are available for this holiday. Choose the one that best suits your wishes for this experience!
Sun Odyssey 509
Catamaran of 13.60m with 4 double cabins and 4 bathrooms P>
Our trip starts here
Marina di Portisco, Portisco, OT, Italia
Saturday 10 August from 16:00 until Saturday 10 August at 18:00
Our trip ends here
Marina di Portisco, Portisco, OT, Italia
Saturday 24 August from 8:00 until Saturday 24 August at 10:00
Reviews of Giuseppe
Other important information
The participation fee paid online includes:
* catamaran / skipper fee;
* accommodation in a double cabin;
* final cleaning of the boat
* tender with outboard engine
* sheets and pillowcases
* sailing school
It is not included:
* common cash managed on board (will be used to pay for ports, parks, food, fuel, skipper board, etc.); plane, ferry, car, no type of return transfer
* transfer to / from the airport / port (to be paid locally - organized by the charter, if you want) - The costs are 40.00 € the taxi to be divided on 4 pax basis - or for transfers of more than 4 people will be 10, 00 per person, per way
* travel cancellation insurance + medical baggage (Cost € 37.00) - RECOMMENDED
* Be Marine club / UISP compulsory card (for those who are not already in possession of it) and insurance against accidents and third party liability (cost € 20.00 to be paid at boarding)
* compulsory boat security insurance (cost € 65.00 to be paid when boarding)
* all that is not included in the item The fee includes
* the skipper is exempted from the common pot.
The roles on board:
* Everyone is required to participate in the various activities on board
* The crew will participate in the preparation of meals
* It's an important moment of aggregation and above all it's fun
* Enter the holiday spirit of life on a boat
* On board will be set up a common fund useful for the expenses for: galley, landings, marine parks, diesel, food skipper, etc.
* The skipper does not participate in the common pot
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 200-300€ per person.