This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
Have you got or do you want to get a boat license?
Refine and refine your skipper experience, think about routes based on currents and wind, on-board instrumentation and maintenance.
A week to experience the role of commander and the autonomous management of a cabin cruiser and its crew.
During the week the students will turn in the role of skipper to check their skills and implement them with the help of the instructor, who will propose various problems to be solved.
In this Skipper Course you will learn how to prevent and manage the critical situations that a skipper may encounter on a cruise, as well as refine your sailing skills.
You will meet people like you, curious, attentive and you will learn in the most effective way, having fun.
SUMMARY OF THE TOPICS ADDRESSED :
- The boat
- The physical laws at stake
- The centers of force
- The gaits
- Winds and breezes
- Pitch and roll
- Apparent wind
- The priorities
- The security
- Use of the VHF radio
- The nautical alphabet
- The navigation signs
- Sprinkle the tops
- Turn on the bollard
- The knots
- Complete cruise planning
- Moorings, anchors and buoy holds
- Use of charts and nautical applications
- On-board instrumentation
- Itinerary planning according to the weather
- Security management
- On-board systems: control, management and maintenance
- Work on electric motors
- Work on the diesel engine
- Day and night navigation
- Landings in unknown ports, even at night
The course may undergo changes in date or itinerary in case of adverse weather.
Beneteau Oceanis 430
Four double cabins and two bathrooms, this boat was designed by Philippe Briand especially thinking about the sporty aspect. Easy mobility on board and lots of space for the crew, both on deck and in the cozy cockpit.
Equipped with the best security equipment, including radar, over the years it has been constantly adapted to modern needs: photovoltaic and wind turbine to never fail the charge of our mobile phones and notebooks, electric motor for the tender, plotter for maximum assistance in the design of the routes ...
Our trip starts here
Siracusa, SR, Italia
Saturday 24 April from 18:00 until Saturday 24 April at 22:00
Our trip ends here
Trapani, TP, Italia
Sunday 2 May from 7:00 until Sunday 2 May at 8:00
Reviews of Luigi e Laura
Other important information
What to bring:
valid identity document for expatriation (it will be checked upon boarding), sleeping bag, a pillowcase, clothes and spare parts suitable for the season, sunscreen, sunglasses with lanyard, a hat, a waxed suit complete with trousers and jacket, boat shoes, a pair of sailing gloves, a flashlight with elastic to be worn on the forehead, a sailor's pocket knife, a personal hygiene kit and towels, a personal first aid kit.
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly online via credit card, or via wire transfer by contacting our Customer Support.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days and the share is higher than 500 Euros, you can pay a deposit of 30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. Contact our Customer Support to benefit from this payment scheme.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.