For travellers aged 10 years old or older.
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "Whale watching cruise with WWF researcher between Elba, Capraia and Northern Corsica!"!
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
WWF TRAVEL SEARCH CRUISES: WHALE WATCHING BUT NOT ONLY!
WWF Travel offers a cruise on a sailing boat where travelers will be involved in WWF scientific research activities for the protection of the Mediterranean megafauna. A sea and navigation experience accompanied by WWF researchers , where you can learn to observe, identify and protect, with strictly non-invasive methods, the cetaceans of our seas.
For travelers it will be an opportunity to enjoy naturalistic and marine beauties , to have fun in the most beautiful seas of the Mediterranean and at the same time to develop skills of great scientific interest such as:
• naturalistic photography techniques and photo-identification techniques
• monitoring methodologies
• behavior sampling techniques
• use of research instruments : GPS, navigation software, binoculars with reticles, video camera and BORIS software for the acquisition of surface behavioral data.
The atmosphere that reigns on the boat is serene and informal and the daily activities, in agreement with the skipper and the researcher, will be modulated and variable according to the weather and sea conditions and the identification of itineraries that lend themselves extemporaneously to scientific research.
For this reason, as a crew, we will need to be flexible and to understand that working with animals in nature cannot be 100% planned ... but this is precisely the beauty of a cruise that has a scientific research component!
WHY CHOOSE WWF TRAVEL?
1) RESPONSIBLE TOURISM : we are among the founding members of AITR, the Italian Association of Responsible Tourism; for us, making a trip means first of all implementing all good practices aimed at respecting the environment , local communities and supporting the protection of biodiversity;
2) COMPETENCE and KNOWLEDGE : we give enormous value to competence in fact the WWF researchers all come from naturalistic training courses, but above all they have a very clear goal, that is to give depth to the emotions experienced on board and ensure that your wealth of knowledge is much heavier when returning from an experience with WWF, enriching with details every moment lived in search of the inhabitants of the sea.
3) FUN AND PLEASURE : we never forget that we are talking about holidays. We want to get to know the nature that surrounds us better, but we want to do it by enjoying the beauty of the places we are visiting and appreciating the pleasure of sharing the experience with our travel companions in a cheerful and relaxed atmosphere .
PLACES AND ITINERARY
We will leave from Rosignano Marittimo, (LI), for the Island of Elba, in its circumnavigation among its coves, or, if the weather permits, we will head towards Macinaggio, Capo Corso, Corsica. We will meet white beaches, crystal clear water, rocks and wonderful views. Corsica is a wild and unspoiled island, interrupted by small villages, which will fascinate us. On our return, we will head to the island of Capraia for one night, and then return to Cala De Medici.
Do you want to get excited with little? Fun and healthy life on the boat are also waiting for you, including aperitifs, dinners under the stars and swimming in natural pools, respecting the environment, with new and old friends.
Note: in case the weather does not allow it, there is always as an itinerary, the circumnavigation of the beautiful Island of Elba with coves, transparent and pristine water, with lively ports and a great desire to have fun in the evening!
The skipper of this experience will be Gianni Maurizio : click on his name to read the reviews he received from travelers. The passion for sailing began over 20 years ago. He has taken numerous sailing courses, traveling with children, teenagers and families. Gianni defines himself as an extrovert, very patient, good company and even a bit of a mess when it's time to party. For some experiences he could be replaced by his trusted partner Francesco.
COVID FREE HOLIDAY
In the case of mixed crews (no families or pre-established groups), the participants of this holiday will be required to exhibit a negative result certificate of rapid antigen swab , carried out in the 48 hours prior to departure. Quick swabs can be made at the pharmacy and provide the result in 15 minutes, reservations are often required. Alternatively, it is necessary to present a vaccination certificate certifying complete vaccination (two doses, where required).
First 42 S7
Our trip starts here
Rosignano Marittimo, Livorno, Italia
Saturday 3 July from 20:00 until Saturday 3 July at 21:00
Our trip ends here
Rosignano Marittimo, Livorno, Italia
Saturday 10 July from 12:00 until Saturday 10 July at 14:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
WHAT TO BRING
Recommended: car phone charger, soft bags, boat shoes, slippers, fins and mask, sun creams, biodegradable shampoo and shower gel, waxed and a great desire to have fun with care and adaptability.
HOW TO REACH THE BOARDING PLACE
We will leave from the port of Cala de Medici in Rosignano. It is easy to reach by car or train.
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly via credit card, or via wire transfer.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days, you can pay a deposit of around30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. A handling fee of 25 Euros per reservation is required.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares. Are you unable to reach the embarkation point due to regulations issued by the competent Authorities?Contact our Customer Support and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
- Mandatory medical and baggage insurance
- Marine biologist
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.