Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "Whale watching cruise with WWF researcher among the islands of the Tuscan archipelago"!
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
NB: the last seat on board will be shared in the cabin with a woman
WWF TRAVEL SEARCH CRUISES: WHALE WATCHING BUT NOT ONLY!
WWF Travel offers a cruise on a sailing boat where travelers will be involved in WWF scientific research activities for the protection of the Mediterranean megafauna. A sea and navigation experience accompanied by WWF researchers , where you can learn to observe, identify and protect, with strictly non-invasive methods, the cetaceans of our seas.
For travelers it will be an opportunity to enjoy naturalistic and marine beauties , to have fun in the most beautiful seas of the Mediterranean and at the same time to develop skills of great scientific interest such as:
• naturalistic photography techniques and photo-identification techniques
• monitoring methodologies
• behavior sampling techniques
• use of research instruments : GPS, navigation software, binoculars with reticles, video camera and BORIS software for the acquisition of surface behavioral data.
The atmosphere that reigns on the boat is serene and informal and the daily activities, in agreement with the skipper and the researcher, will be modulated and variable according to the weather and sea conditions and the identification of itineraries that lend themselves extemporaneously to scientific research.
For this reason, as a crew, we will need to be flexible and to understand that working with animals in nature cannot be 100% planned ... but this is the beauty of a cruise that has a scientific research component!
WHY CHOOSE WWF TRAVEL?
1) RESPONSIBLE TOURISM : we are among the founding members of AITR, the Italian Association of Responsible Tourism; for us, making a trip means first of all implementing all good practices aimed at respecting the environment , local communities and supporting the protection of biodiversity;
2) COMPETENCE and KNOWLEDGE : we give enormous value to competence in fact the WWF researchers all come from naturalistic training courses, but above all they have a very clear goal, that is to give depth to the emotions experienced on board and ensure that your wealth of knowledge is much heavier when returning from an experience with WWF, enriching every moment lived in search of the inhabitants of the sea with details.
3) FUN AND PLEASURE : we never forget that we are talking about holidays. We want to get to know the nature that surrounds us better, but we want to do it by enjoying the beauty of the places we are visiting and appreciating the pleasure of sharing the experience with our travel companions in a cheerful and relaxed atmosphere .
PLACES AND ITINERARY
With boarding in the convenient port of San Vincenzo , strategic and very close to reach the famous Cetacean Sanctuary , we will be able to make targeted cetacean sighting exits in the nearby locations: From Capraia to Elba , up to San Vincenzo .
There will be, if you wish, the possibility of touching the North of Corsica , Capo Corso , crossing towards Macinaggio or Saint Florent .
On board this experience you will find one of Federico A's trusted skippers. He is a skipper who has been collaborating with Federico and his association for a long time. Sailing instructor, he loves to pass on his passion to all guests who travel with him.
COVID FREE HOLIDAY
All participants of this holiday will be required to show a quick antigenic swab negative result certificate, carried out within 48 hours prior to departure. Quick swabs can be made at the pharmacy and provide the result in 15 minutes, reservations are often required. Alternatively, it is necessary to present a vaccination certificate certifying complete vaccination (two doses, where required).
Our 12 meter boat, four cabins and two bathrooms, is a boat designed for offshore cruising. Elegant,
solid and safe, rich in interior fittings, it is able to face any sea condition
The boat adapts to all needs, from cruising with friends or family to long navigation
radius. It has a remarkable habitability and large spaces for stowage.
Its maneuverability makes it a perfect boat for cruises and for the sailing school, as for the
first boat experiences.
The boat is equipped with bimini, sprayhood, full batten mainsail and lazy bag, furling genoa, shower
external, electric windlass, dinghy and 3.5 hp outboard.
Our trip starts here
San Vincenzo, LI, Italia
Saturday 24 July from 17:00 until Saturday 24 July at 19:00
Our trip ends here
San Vincenzo, LI, Italia
Saturday 31 July from 8:00 until Saturday 31 July at 10:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
WHAT TO BRING
- Soft luggage and without wheels
- Sufficient underwear for vacation days
- 2-3 swimsuits
- 1 anti-UV protective shirt for snorkeling
- 3-4 shirts and shorts
- 1 long trousers and 2 bermuda shorts for men
- 1 long trousers and 2 comfortable dresses for ladies
- 1 sweatshirt or wool sweater for the evening
- 1 Kway or light wax
- 1 hat or cap
- 1-2 elastics for long hair
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pair of clear sole boat shoes
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of sandals or shoes to go ashore
- 1 guest towel and a beach towel
- drugs for personal use
- biodegradable shampoo and shower gel
Cancellations and Refund
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can
pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the
balance within 30 days before departure. For this type
of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
If your vacation is not confirmed, you may pay:
- 30% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance when the vacation is confirmed or, 30 days before departure if it is not confirmed before.
If the vacation is confirmed, you can pay:
- 60% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance 30 days before departure.
- Unconfirmed vacation: you can cancel when you want: you will receive a full refund of the amount paid, net of any additional services.
- Confirmed vacation: if you cancel your reservation 30 or more days before departure, a penalty of 60% will apply. a 60% penalty. If you cancel less than 30 days days before departure, a penalty of 100% applies.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
- WWF guide
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Servizio cambusa e cucina (colazione, pranzo e cena) € 190 a persona
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 200-300€ per person.