This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
A 7 days and 6 nights trip to Arctic Norway to closely observe the imposing and fascinating orcas in their natural habitat. The exits will take place on board of inflatable boats (RIB = Rigid Inflatable Boats); this approach allows for excellent quality of sightings, and considerable flexibility.
The Northern Lights are also a constant in our excursions, beyond 69 ° N, in the center of the “oval” of the northern lights. Do not miss the short hiking tours thanks to which you can observe mammals and birds elsewhere very "difficult" to meet (otter, sea eagle, king of eiders etc.) . The atmosphere is very relaxed and it will be pleasant to spend some time in the heat of the Brygga to converse with researchers and enthusiasts.
WHAT YOU CAN'T MISS OUT?
- The Orca up close - the largest, fastest, most intelligent predator of the seas
- Pilot whales, humpback whales, fin whales and sperm whales - the other protagonists
- The Northern Lights - above 69 ° N, in the center of the “oval” of the northern lights
- The sea eagle and the Nordic birdlife
- A trip to the mainland - the European moose and the world of reindeer (optional)
- The unspoiled landscapes of Arctic Norway
Arrival in Tromso with flight from Oslo, arrival and accommodation in the hotel
Short visit to the city of Tromso , the starting point of the legendary arctic explorations of the past. In the afternoon boarding for the ferry to Skjervoy (about 4 hours). Arrival and accommodation at the hotel.
Technical briefing on sea trips and first description of observable species. Departure to sea for approach and observation of killer whales and other cetaceans. In the afternoon short hiking in the surroundings. In the evening photographic trip to observe the phenomenon of the Northern Lights.
Departure to sea for approach and observation of killer whales and other cetaceans. In the afternoon, a naturalistic lecture on the biology and ethology of killer whales. In the evening photographic trip to observe the phenomenon of the Northern Lights.
Shore excursion to admire the fjord landscape from a privileged position, chance to spot cetaceans from land and the sea eagle. In the evening photographic trip to observe the phenomenon of the Northern Lights .
Departure to sea for approach and observation of killer whales and other cetaceans. In the afternoon, lecture on the incredible phenomenon of the Northern Lights. After dinner, transfer by ferry to Tromso. Overnight at Hotel in Tromso
Transfer to Tromso airport and flight back to Italy.
RIB trips are conditioned by the weather and the sea. In case of impossibility to go out to sea, an alternative shore excursion will be organized.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Overnight in double room in Hotel in Skjervoy - Full board treatment
- Overnight and breakfast at the hotel in Tromso
- Biologist escort for the entire duration of the trip
- Sea excursions as per program on RIB (rigid inflatable boat)
- Medical insurance - baggage
- Rental of technical and safety clothing for outings to the sea
- Air flight and airport taxes
- All meals not mentioned (lunches and dinners in Tromso)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- International visas
- Single supplement euro 240
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Inclusive Services"
Check out the crew!
Our trip starts here
Sunday 4 December from 12:00 until Sunday 4 December at 12:00
Our trip ends here
Saturday 10 December from 9:00 until Saturday 10 December at 10:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
Difficulty level of the trip : a In the dinghy you do not feel seasickness. That said, these are relatively demanding excursions, not comparable to traditional whale-watching, and subject to meteorological variables. For this reason, although these are suitable outings for anyone, we recommend the participation of people in suitable physical conditions. People who are pregnant within the third month are not allowed; people with neck, back and knee problems can be wary of participating or accommodated in particular positions on the boat.
Documents : Valid identity card.
FLIGHTS : Depending on the period and the airport of departure, flights are around € 600-850 per person round trip. The flight can be purchased independently or through WWF at a cost of € 10 per ticket.
CANCELLATION INSURANCE TOPIC : Following the balance, it will be possible to contact the WWF Travel organizer directly and take out cancellation insurance (not mandatory) at a cost of 4.5%. The policy can also be extended to air flights if purchased with WWF.
Cancellations and Refund
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can
pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the
balance within 30 days before departure. For this type
of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
If your vacation is not confirmed, you may pay:
- 30% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance when the vacation is confirmed or, 30 days before departure if it is not confirmed before.
If the vacation is confirmed, you can pay:
- 60% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance 30 days before departure.
- Unconfirmed vacation: you can cancel when you want: you will receive a full refund of the amount paid, net of any additional services.
- Confirmed vacation: if you cancel your reservation 30 or more days before departure, a penalty of 60% will apply. a 60% penalty. If you cancel less than 30 days days before departure, a penalty of 100% applies.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- On-site assistance
- Individual and/or group local transport
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Full board
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
- Equipment as per programme
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Flights and transfers from/to the destination
- Meals not listed in the programme
- Airport fee
- Personal extras
- Tourist Tax
- Visa fares
- Supplemento singola euro 240
- Assicurazione annullamento viaggio
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.