Travellers of all ages are welcome!
4 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
15 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
A 7-day and 6-night trip to Arctic Norway to closely observe the imposing and fascinating killer whales in their natural habitat. The outings will take place on board dinghies (RIB = Rigid Inflatable Boats); this approach allows excellent quality of sightings, and considerable flexibility.
The aurora borealis is also a constant in our excursions, beyond 69°N, in the center of the "oval" of the northern lights. Do not miss the short excursions on foot thanks to which you can observe mammals and birds elsewhere very "difficult" to meet (otter, sea eagle, eider duck, etc.) . The atmosphere is very relaxed and it will be pleasant to spend some time in the heat of the Brygga chatting with researchers and enthusiasts.
WHAT YOU CAN'T MISS?
- The Orca up close – the largest, fastest, most intelligent predator of the seas
- Pilot whales, humpback whales, fin whales and sperm whales – the other protagonists
- The aurora borealis - above 69°N, in the center of the "oval" of the northern lights
- The sea eagle and the Nordic avifauna
- A hop on dry land - European moose and reindeer world (optional)
- The pristine landscapes of Arctic Norway
Arrival in Tromso and accommodation in hotel
Short visit to the city of Tromso , the starting point of the legendary arctic explorations of the past. In the afternoon embarkation for the ferry to Skjervoy (about 4 hours). Arrival and accommodation at the hotel.
Technical briefing on sea trips and first description of the species to be observed. Going out to sea for approaching and observing orcas and other cetaceans. In the afternoon short hiking in the surroundings. In the evening photographic outing to observe the phenomenon of the aurora borealis.
Going out to sea for approaching and observing orcas and other cetaceans. In the afternoon naturalistic lecture on the biology and ethology of orcas. In the evening photographic outing to observe the phenomenon of the aurora borealis.
Shore excursion to admire the landscape of the fjords from a privileged position, possibility of spotting cetaceans from the ground and the sea eagle. In the evening photographic outing to observe the phenomenon of the aurora borealis .
Going out to sea for approaching and observing orcas and other cetaceans. In the afternoon lecture on the incredible phenomenon of the aurora borealis. After dinner transfer by ferry to Tromso. Overnight at hotel in Tromso
Transfer to Tromso airport and return flight to Italy.
RIB outings are conditioned by the weather and the sea. In case of impossibility to go out to sea, an alternative excursion on land will be organized.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Overnight in double room in Skjervoy Hotel – Full board treatment
- Overnight stay and breakfast at a hotel in Tromso
- Biologist escort for the entire duration of the trip
- Sea excursions as per program on RIB (rigid inflatable boat)
- Medical insurance - baggage
- Hire of technical and safety clothing for outings at sea
- Flight and airport taxes
- All meals not mentioned (lunches and dinners in Tromso)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- International visas
- Single room supplement €350.00
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Included Services"
Our trip starts here
Monday 27 November from 12:00 until Monday 27 November at 12:00
Our trip ends here
Sunday 3 December from 9:00 until Sunday 3 December at 10:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
Difficulty level of the trip : a In the dinghy you do not feel seasickness. That said, these are relatively demanding excursions, not comparable to traditional whale-watching, and subject to meteorological variables. For this reason, although these are suitable outings for anyone, we recommend the participation of people in suitable physical conditions. People who are pregnant within the third month are not allowed; people with neck, back and knee problems can be wary of participating or accommodated in particular positions on the boat.
Documents : Valid identity card.
FLIGHTS : Depending on the period and the airport of departure, flights are around € 600-850 per person round trip. The flight can be purchased independently or through WWF at a cost of € 10 per ticket.
CANCELLATION INSURANCE TOPIC : Following the balance, it will be possible to contact the WWF Travel organizer directly and take out cancellation insurance (not mandatory) at a cost of 4.5%. The policy can also be extended to air flights if purchased with WWF.
Cancellations and Refund
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can
pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the
balance within 30 days before departure. For this type
of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
If your vacation is not confirmed, you may pay:
- 30% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance when the vacation is confirmed or, 30 days before departure if it is not confirmed before.
If the vacation is confirmed, you can pay:
- 60% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance 30 days before departure.
- Unconfirmed vacation: you can cancel when you want: you will receive a full refund of the amount paid, net of any additional services.
- Confirmed vacation: if you cancel your reservation 30 or more days before departure, a penalty of 60% will apply. a 60% penalty. If you cancel less than 30 days days before departure, a penalty of 100% applies.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- On-site assistance
- Individual and/or group local transport
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Full board
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
- Equipment as per programme
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Flights and transfers from/to the destination
- Meals not listed in the programme
- Airport fee
- Personal extras
- Tourist Tax
- Visa fares
- Supplemento singola euro 350,00
- Assicurazione annullamento viaggio
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.