Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Yacht sailing holidays & skippered tours in the Balearic Islands539 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
7 reasons to choose the Balearic Islands for your next sailing holidays:
- The Balearic Islands are one of the most popular sailing destinations in the world. Almost all of the experts sailor you encounter will have sailed the archipelago more than once. So if this is your first time aboard a sailboat and you would like to learn to sail, this is the perfect opportunity.
- Spain's most intense turquoise waters, you won't know if you're in Spain or the Caribbean. Natural perfection in all its splendour.
- Thousands of activity variety, with something for every type of traveller - from the rocky cliffs of Mallorca, to the white sandy beaches of Formentera; from the festival of Ibiza, to the tranquillity and peace of Minorca.
- Whether you like nights of fun - whether that’s a boat party or spending the night dancing in one of Ibiza's popular nightclubs you can find your place to celebrate and enjoy yourself in the Balearics.
- If, on the other hand, you are looking for relaxation and nature, in the Balearic Islands you will find a multitude of intimate coves almost forgotten from the face of the earth. Many of them can only be reached by boat, where you can enjoy this little corner of paradise at your leisure.
- The Balearic archipelago offers a wide range of possibilities, as its cities and small towns are also worth admiring because of their rich cultural heritage. You will find beautiful architectural landscapes: the cathedral of Palma de Mallorca, the narrow and colourful cobbled streets, and the white and blue houses of the Ibizan coast.
- And if you didn't know, the Balearic Islands have more than 300 days of sunshine all year round, allowing travellers to enjoy sailing holidays in the area all year round.
The best destinations to visit during your sailing holidays in the Balearics:
Sailing holidays in Mallorca
Mallorca is the largest island, where you can find culture, leisure, relaxation, nature, and adventure. Many of Mallorca’s beaches are considered to be the most beautiful in the whole of the Mediterranean. You can walk or bike around the bay, stopping at El Arenal, Illetas, and Santa Ponça - they are all beaches with crystalline waters and fine white sand. Breathe in the aroma of the pines that surround the city and many of its coves. And if you are interested in other types of curiosities, discover the Tramuntana mountain range, the Drach caves and the coastal paths of Formentor, where you can take long walks along the seashore. Don't forget to visit the city of Palma with its monumental cathedral and other charming villages such as Valldemossa with the most magical sunsets on the island, Deià with its picturesque stone houses, Sóller with an exceptional treasure under the sea, and Pollença if you are looking for peace and rest.
Sailing holidays in Minorca
Otherwise known as the Green Island - has managed to cultivate an oasis of wildlife, using natural resources sparingly to promote the ecosystems of the endemic species. Since 1993, the entire island of Minorca has been recognised by UNESCO as a Biosphere Reserve.
Sailing holidays in Cabrera
Another precious natural jewel of the Balearics - has also been recognised for its different marine and coastal wildlife. In 1991, it was classified as a National Park, and is home to rare falcons, Caspian gulls, dolphins, and indigenous flora and fauna.
Sailing holidays in Ibiza
Ibiza is characterised by its typical white houses, its small and charming fishing villages, beautiful coves, and active nightlife. This island offers a very varied offer both in terms of culture as nature as well as leisure and partying. Whether it's to celebrate a special occasion on a boat party in Ibiza, or to enjoy a weekend exploring the island’s various nightlife options. The best DJs in the world come to Ibiza in the summer months to entertain thousands of people in the most popular clubs on the island, such as Pachá, Ushuaïa and Amnesia. Sailing trips around Ibiza are perfect for this type of occasion, as there is nothing better than resting on the deck of a sailboat after a night of dancing, you can recharge on the way to the small paradises such as Cala Talamaca and Cala Llonga. Some of Ibiza's dream villages are Santa Eulalia, Sant Carles, Sant Joan - and beautiful beaches such as Cala Blanca and Es Canar.
Sailing holidays in Formentera
Formentera, also called the island of pines, where peace and tranquillity charm you in the first seconds. Differently to Ibiza or Mallorca, Formentera lets the hustle and bustle of cities and the intensity of daily life drift away. This island is a natural wonder, where you will find dreamy beaches as if taken from a fairy tale, extraordinary underwater caves and secret coves made of fine white sand. You can take a sailboat or catamaran from Ibiza to Formentera to relax in Cala Saona, one of the most beautiful places on the island located in Sant Francesc Xavier. Then, you can head to Las Salinas, another place of great natural beauty. And if you travel to the south-east of Formentera, you will find El Mirador de La Mola, where you can enjoy some of the best views in the Mediterranean, especially if you do so during a magical sunset. Another spectacular place to enjoy a dreamlike sunset is in Faro de Cap in Barbaria, where there are caves that, through a hole, give you access to a hidden cliff.
Tips to help you to better plan for your next sailing holidays in the Balearics:
All you need to know about your next cruise in the Balearic Islands aboard a sailboat.
When to sail the Balearic Islands
Generally weather conditions in the Balearics are ideal for sailing from March through to November - however, in May, June, September, and October you will find both warm conditions, and be able to travel around the islands with a little more privacy and freedom by avoiding the peak-season crowds.
Pricing of sailing holidays in the Balearic Islands
You can find a sailing weekend from €250 per person, and a weeklong sailing adventure from €450 per person.
Sailing holidays in the Balearic Islands - why you should travel with a local skipper
If you want to fully enjoy your sailing holiday in the Balearics in the best conditions, we recommend that you go choose a trip with a local skipper. Travelling with a skipper who has insider knowledge on the area, allows travellers to fully immerse in the pleasure and relaxation of the holiday. Where individuals on the trip wish to learn or practice their sailing skills, skippers will be there to integrate travellers into the responsibilities onboard.
The best sailing itineraries for your next holiday with a skipper in the Balearics
Mallorca, Ibiza, and Formentera:
With a week-long itinerary, you will have time to visit the islands by sea and by land.
Ibiza and Formentera:
This is one of the most popular itineraries for travellers. You can do a fabulous catamaran cruise from Ibiza to Formentera, and enjoy the Mediterranean landscapes.
Mallorca and Minorca:
If the planned itinerary lasts a week and you are interested in boat trips in Minorca, the best thing to do is to depart from Mallorca, as the distance between the two islands makes for brilliant option for shorter trips.