No holiday found.
Currently there are no listed holidays matching your search.
How about widening your search?
Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Gulet Sailing holidays in Turkey1 review
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
Why charter a gulet with crew in Turkey
- Exclusively renting a crewed sailing yacht allows you to choose your itinerary, like the stages of a real tour, and to indulge your desires and your times.
- Opting for the rental of a gulet with exclusive crew is ideal for a group of friends or for families with children: each gulet generally has 5 or more double cabins with private bathroom and the large size of the boat (the most common size is about 20/25 meters) allow a pleasant travel experience where everyone can enjoy their privacy.
- Experience the taste of yesteryear of a gulet cruise: you will have the feeling of living a legendary adventure ... ideal for a group of friends, unforgettable for a vacation with children!
- The rental of a gulet in Turkey is perfect for those seeking a slow pace, comfort and relaxation as well as views of rare beauty, in a nutshell the luxury at an affordable price: a crew at your service, ample space on deck, cabins and cozy interior spaces and comfortable sundecks make your choice a premium vacation Sailsquare.
- Enjoy a vacation in a gulet (from the Turkish kayık, "boat") sailing on the routes of Turkey, the home of this characteristic boat: wooden, two masts, flat keel of the hull that allows you to reach shallow bays, more space and livability.
The best destinations for a gulet vacation in Turkey
The best routes for a cruise in a gulet in Turkey with skipper on board have as a base of departure Bodrum, tourist resort built on the ancient Halicarnassus, but also peninsula in the southwest of the country overlooking the Aegean Sea.
Peninsula of Datça (or Datca)
This is one of the most beautiful corners of Turkey, the meeting point of the Aegean and the Mediterranean, and a classic destination for cruisers departing from Bodrum. A short crossing will take you to another world: blue to green sea, quiet fishermen's taverns, archaeological sites and a myriad of small bays and sandy beaches. The peninsula is a protected area 70 km long and stretches from Marmaris out into the sea to Knidos, which is the extreme point.
After circumnavigating Datça and enjoying the local gastronomy, you'll be ready to head south on your sailboat towards Orhaniye and Bozburu.
The whole area enjoys a warm climate, generally calm seas and no wind, perfect characteristics for your first boating vacation, for a gulet cruise with children or for a relaxing vacation.
The Seven Islands
Another option is to sail along the coast from Bodrum towards the Gokova Gulf, discovering the famous little Seven Islands and the legendary Cleopatra Beach. The clear green sea is a sight not to be missed for snorkeling enthusiasts; the jagged coastline is nestled in an almost mountainous landscape at times, rich in pine forests, dotted with quiet and welcoming fishing villages.
From Turkey to Greece, wandering in the Aegean
Bodrum is an ideal starting point to rent a gulet with crew and explore on a cruise the islands of the southern Dodecanese; there are dozens of them in the Aegean Sea at a short distance from Turkey, close to each other and protected enough from the wind to ensure a pleasant sailing: from the largest Kos and Rhodes to the smallest and quiet Simi and Tilos.
Other gulet vacation destinations in the Mediterranean
Not able to arrange for a gulet charter in Turkey? Try searching among the other proposals for gulet vacation, look for gulets available in Greece and in Italy, or consider renting a sailboat with skipper in Croatia, in Tuscany and Sardinia. Turkey awaits you at the next opportunity!
Everything you need to know for your next gulet vacation in Turkey
- The navigation aboard Turkish gulets is mostly done with the help of engines, which is why they are known as motorsailers or motorsailers and are ideal for a quiet cruise. The flat keel of the hull allows you to dock easily in sheltered bays near the beaches, for swimming and diving to discover the wonders of the seabed, but also for games in the water and romantic dinners in roadstead.
- The gulets sail almost exclusively under coast, in sheltered areas, with calm sea and wind never too intense, as the Turkish coast. The best time to sail in a gulet in Turkey is from April to the end of October: the season in the south of Turkey is longer than elsewhere because of the high temperatures, which allow your gulet cruise to be perfect even avoiding the busiest months such as August. And of course the prices will be competitive too.
- Aboard every gulet for rent in Turkey will be true luxury: there will be a crew that takes care of navigation, meals and cleaning and that, depending on the size of the boat, may include the skipper, a cook and one or two sailors.
- Taking a gulet cruise in Turkey is an unforgettable experience. The Turkish Gulet combines the aesthetics of a two-masted film sailboat with the comforts of a motorboat, both in terms of the interior and on deck. Constructed of solid wood (mahogany, teak, iroko or pine), it has a wider hull than the sailboat and this ensures more space both in the cabins and outside. The cabins are comfortable and have a private bathroom, the deck is wide and dedicated to the sun in the bow, while in the stern there is space in the shade to read and rest even while sailing.
- The formula offered for the rental of an entire gulet with crew is carefree, because in the price of the boat is included in almost everything: fuel, stops in the port and marina, skipper and crew, final cleaning; meals and drinks on board are included in an extra-cost of 50 euros for the whole vacation.