USA and Canada
Travellers of all ages are welcome!
6 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
Sailboat expedition to the Queen Charlotte Islands Archipelago, renamed HAIDA GWAII, on the Haida Indian Nation Reserve, one of the last Amerindian refuges, and sailing in the Canadian part of the Inside Passage. Haida Gwaii, also known as the Queen Charlotte Islands, is a Canadian archipelago off British Columbia. These islands protected by the status of "reserve" are the cradle of the 8000-year-old Haida Indian nation, which has developed a unique environment and culture as evidenced by their remarkable woodworking: their totems are real works of art! This cruise will also take us to the Canadian Inside Passage, a maze of natural canals between the islands, connecting Canada to Alaska, in the wake of large marine mammals such as humpback whales and orcas, flown over by majestic seabirds like the Crested Shearwater or Peregrine Falcon.
Plan Michel Joubert, Chantier Meta
Goélette de 16 mètres en aluminum. Mise à l'eau en 1999 par l'architecte naval Michel Joubert, son concepteur et premier propriétaire, qui réalisa le passage du Nord-Ouest du Groenland à l'Alaska en 2012 en company de l'explorateur polaire Janusz Kurbiel.
Conçu comme a fifty d'expédition pour naviguer dans les conditions les plus extrêmes. Cette goélette est doté de 2 moteurs de 110 CV and de réservoirs d'une capacité de 4000 litres he assurant une autonomie très importante.
- Longueur 16m, large 4.10m, tirant d'eau 1,70m
- Matériau: aluminum renforcé
- Capacité de vie à bord pour 10 personnes, que nous limitons à 6 passagers et 2 marins
- A large cockpit ouvert pour manœuvrer, observer and pêcher
- A post de timonerie totalement à l'abri des éléments
- Grand carré surélevé pour une vision assise panoramique, recevant confortablement 8 personnes à table and a salon avec 2 larges banquettes
- Capacité de couchage: 8 couchettes individuelles sont disponibles + 2 en couchettes doubles, the ensemble en 3 cabines et une coursive
- Douche chaude, 2 cabinets de toilette, WC
- Réserve d'eau: 1500 liters
- Poêle-chaudière à gazole «Refleks» équipé d'un aérotherme central + air pulsé par le moteur
- Courant 220, 110 et 12 volts à bord
- Annexe pour 8 personnes avec moteur 15 CV
- Matériel de pêche utilisable en navigation ou au mouillage
- Bibliothèque variée à disposition
Our trip starts here
Prince Rupert, Columbia Britannica, Canada
Friday 23 August from 12:00 until Friday 23 August at 16:00
Our trip ends here
Prince Rupert, Columbia Britannica, Canada
Sunday 1 September from 12:00 until Sunday 1 September at 17:00
Other important information
The indicated prices do not include the air, the possible nights of hotel before or after the cruise, the transfer airport / sailboat, the possible entries of the museums or paid showers on the ground, the alcohols other than a glass of wine with the dinners , restaurants or bars on the ground. Only beer is sold on board. We are insured in civil liability and maritime, however each remains responsible for subscribing an individual insurance for assistance, repatriation, accident, and a cancellation insurance. In 2019, all our tours are 10 days on the spot, at the price of 1965 € per person (including your annual membership of 25 €) + 330 € cash register (refueling, gas oil and berths) to be paid on site to the skipper cash. The skipper is the only judge of the course. It may have to modify it according to the weather conditions or for technical reasons.
Payment and conditions
The booking and cancellation policies are applied to all listed experiences. They are in place to create a fair platform and best protect both travellers and skippers.
Book your experience now by authorising the payment via debit or credit card.
Cancellations: if the holiday has not been confirmed, you can cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
You have to cancel a holiday that has already been confirmed? Please contact us, and we will do our best to help.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Full board
- Final cleaning
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Bière à bord
- Caisse de bord: 330€
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 0-50€ per person.