This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
In the kingdom of ice
Naturalistic itinerary guided by a biologist in one of the most spectacular places on the planet: Antarctica.
On a small expedition ship, sailing from Ushuaia through the scenic Beagle Channel and the legendary waters of the Drake Passage.
A cruise in the legend, in the most remote and fascinating frozen continent : penguins, cetaceans, seals and the most extreme avifauna on the planet. The once in a lifetime trip.
- Penguins of different species, literally by the thousands
- Minke whales Antarctic, common, boreal, humpback whales ...
- The magnificent dolphins, "unusual" dolphins , killer whales and other cetaceans
- The Leopard Seal , the Southern Elephant Seal and other pinnipeds
- Albatrosses , Antarctic cormorants and magnificent birdlife
- Icebergs, glaciers and snow-capped peaks in a timeless landscape
- Ushuaia and the Tierra del Fuego
Arrival in Ushuaia and accommodation in the hotel.
Exploration of the surroundings of the city, with the possibility of observing the magnificent Condor of the Andes, the largest flying bird on the planet. Dinner and overnight stay
Possible excursion to the Tierra del Fuego National Park, consisting of sparse forests of Nothofagus and habitat of interesting species, such as the southern parakeet and the black-necked swan. In the afternoon, board the expedition ship MV Ushuaia and start the cruise. Sail along the Beagle Channel to Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost city in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail for Antarctica.
Day 3 and 4
Sail to Antarctica via the famous passage named in honor of Sir Francis Drake, the great British explorer of the 16th century. While sailing to the South Shetland Islands, you can see wildlife from the glass lounge or outside decks: albatrosses and petrels, as well as various species of cetaceans. After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes dramatically: it's time to look at the first icebergs and get the first glimpse of Antarctic land.
Days 5 to 8
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the west coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs. Observation of seabirds, penguins, seals and whales. Daily Zodiac excursions and landings to explore the landscape and wildlife. From the ship observation of spectacular landscapes, with the route of the journey set to have the most complete overview of the Antarctic ecosystem. Possibility to visit sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel and other magnificent places. The expedition will be very active, with several conferences and lectures.
Days 9 and 10
Return to South America on a traverse north of the Drake Passage, with wildlife observations from the glass lounge or outdoor decks.
Disembarkation in Ushuaia, “recap” of the shipment and transfer to the airport for the return flight to Buenos Aires. Possibility to spend a night in Buenos Aires depending on the flight that will be booked.
Return flight to Italy
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- "All inclusive" cruise, in triple cabin including drinks (wine, beer, etc.) and all activities
- Accompaniment of the Italian biologist for the entire duration of the trip
- Hotels in Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
- All transfers by land and by sea with local driver / guide
- Expedition boots rental
- Medical insurance - baggage
THE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Air flight and airport taxes
- International visas
- Flight Buenos Aires - Ushuaia
- Optional meals and excursions in Ushuaia
- Laundry and communication costs (access to on-board email, telephone traffic, etc.)
- Extra drinks at the ship's bar
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Inclusive Services"
- Trip cancellation insurance, optional *
Check out the crew!
Our trip starts here
Ushuaia, Terra del Fuoco, Argentina
Thursday 3 November from 12:00 until Thursday 3 November at 13:00
Our trip ends here
Ushuaia, Terra del Fuoco, Argentina
Sunday 13 November from 9:00 until Sunday 13 November at 10:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
TRAVEL DIFFICULTY LEVEL:
Easy, suitable for everyone
Passport with at least 6 months of validity
Anti-tetanus, anti-inflammatory, anti-hepatitis.
Cancellations and Refund
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can
pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the
balance within 30 days before departure. For this type
of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
If your vacation is not confirmed, you may pay:
- 30% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance when the vacation is confirmed or, 30 days before departure if it is not confirmed before.
If the vacation is confirmed, you can pay:
- 60% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance 30 days before departure.
- Unconfirmed vacation: you can cancel when you want: you will receive a full refund of the amount paid, net of any additional services.
- Confirmed vacation: if you cancel your reservation 30 or more days before departure, a penalty of 60% will apply. a 60% penalty. If you cancel less than 30 days days before departure, a penalty of 100% applies.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Mandatory medical and baggage insurance
- Drinks as stated in the programme
- Individual and/or group local transport
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Full board
- Accommodation as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
- Equipment as per programme
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals not listed in the programme
- Airport fee
- Personal extras
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
- All services not mentioned in the programme
- Extra activities (optional)
- Visa fares
- Mance ed extra personali e in generale ciò che non è compreso in “Servizi Compresi”
- Lavanderia e spese di comunicazione (accesso alla mail di bordo, traffico telefonico, etc.)
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.