This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
This course is also available on 12-13 May.
The BE SKIPPER sailing course is dedicated to those who have already experienced sailing and aim to provide the necessary skills to command a pleasure yacht .
Be Skilled is specialized in the organization of sailing courses with a high technical content, from a simple nautical license to international Yachtmaster certifications for the pleasure boat. You will be guided and stimulated by skippers from the major sailing realities, RYA certified and merged into Be Skilled, recognizing their innovation.
We have created an innovative educational process dedicated to all those who want to develop more attitudes and autonomy at the helm of a pleasure yacht . Route planning, navigation in all weather conditions, maneuvers in restricted water, anchorages, moorings, electronics, engines and use of safety equipment: the purpose of this course is not only to refine sailing skills but also to tackle the problems that each " skipper "and" sailor "must know how to solve on a cruise.
- analysis of the components of the hull (keel, trim, bulb, wheelhouse);
- motor (cooling circuit, filters, bleeding);
- electricity (batteries, alternator, inverter, panel, dispersions);
- water (tanks, autoclave, distribution, vacuum circuit);
- bilges (taken at sea, automatic and manual pumps, emergencies);
- rigging (rigging, moors, crosses, backstairs, trees on deck and passers-by);
- covered (efficiency of maneuvers and maintenance).
- displacement, hull forms, appendages, propeller, evolutionary effect and inertia;
- dead work and resistance factors;
- at sea: changes of direction, rotation, control of the approach radius;
- anchorages: weather analysis, backdrop, types of anchors, commands and maneuvers;
- moorings: juxtaposed, berthed, restart at different wind angles;
- in port: management of the quay, of the peaks and fenders.
- hoist / open, lower / roll, analysis of failures in roll-up systems;
- search for the efficiency and correct regulation of current maneuvers and stays;
- correct ratio between the two sails, weakening and reduction of veiling;
- trend of the trend and research of neutrality at the helm;
- approach and recovery of the floating object under a drift;
- search for the "firm" position in restricted spaces and in relation to fixed points.
- duties of the master, introduction to the rules of the pleasure craft;
- equipment (mandatory, optional and recommended), armament and use;
- preliminary navigation (maritime authority, shipping, nautical documents, on-board documents, calculation of autonomy, meteorology, use of electronic equipment);
- simulations: breaking of the current maneuvers, rigging, wheelhouse, engine, electric black-out, water in the bilge.
- attribution, organization and management of roles;
- attitudes to command, styles and limits;
- delegation and control.
NB: the program could change according to the weather conditions and topics covered during the course could be modulated according to the skills of the crew.
Our trip starts here
Genova, GE, Italia
Friday 19 October from 18:00 until Saturday 20 October at 8:00
Our trip ends here
Genova, GE, Italia
Sunday 21 October from 18:00 until Sunday 21 October at 20:00
Reviews of Be Skilled
Other important information
CALENDAR AND PARTICIPATION QUOTAS
Courses are held during March, April, May and October 2018. Each session is open to a maximum of 16 students divided on two boats.
1st course session BE SKIPPER> 24/27 April - Porquerolles France - 2 days course
2nd course session BE SKIPPER> 12/13 May - Gulf of Genoa - 2 days course
3rd course session BE SKIPPER> 20/21 October - Gulf of Genoa - 2 days course
The fee for participation in the courses includes:
- boarding of the hulls with accommodation in a double cabin
- the membership fee including mandatory personal injury insurance (one-time € 40 per year, valid for all Be Skilled activities in 2018, if you already have an association card you will not have to pay it, contact us at 0294752565 for information)
- educational instruction
- RYA Yachtmaster certified instructor
- teaching aids
The fee for participation in the courses does NOT include:
- Final cleaning fee to be paid upon boarding (€ 30)
- Galley (about € 15 per person per day, at the discretion of the participants)
- transport to and from the boarding base
- anything not expressly included
Payment and conditions
The booking and cancellation policies are applied to all listed experiences. They are in place to create a fair platform and best protect both travellers and skippers.
Book your experience now by authorising the payment via debit or credit card.
Cancellations: if the holiday has not been confirmed, you can cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
You have to cancel a holiday that has already been confirmed? Please contact us, and we will do our best to help.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Full board
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Pulizie finali - 30€
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 50-150€ per person.