Travellers of all ages are welcome!
10 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
- Boarding at the port of Oban around 19h. Oban , a small bay in Gaelic, is a charming harbor town in Argyll County. It is easy to walk around, the town hosts small shops, the Oban distillery, cafes and restaurants. You will be able to walk by the sea to the castle in ruins of Dunollie and taste the seafood heritage of the city of Oban. It is also the main gateway to the Hebrides archipelago. The boat is docked in the North Pier marina at the foot of the harbor master's office 300 meters from the station.
Days 2 to 9
- Navigation in the Inner Hebrides.
Departure of the cruise in the early morning of day 2 for a navigation in the archipelago of the Inner Hebrides. During this discovery cruise, we sail to the islands of Mull , the majority of its 2,000 inhabitants lives in Tobermory, the main town where the distillery of the same name is located. The island of Eigg , its highest point Ann Sgùrr imposes itself like a mass of volcanic rock lined with cliffs on three of these sides. Rum the largest island of the Small Isles. Staffa famous for its cliffs composed of basaltic organs jumping into the sea.
Skye is the pearl of the Hebrides and is the largest and most northerly of the Inner Hebrides. It is famous for its Talisker Distillery, MacLeod's Dunvegan Castle, its lighthouse at the end of the world at Neist Point and its beautiful little Portree Harbor on the east coast of the island. In navigation at each heading that we double, we discover a lighthouse or a castle ...
It is possible to visit some located on the Mainland or in the islands ... We will discover many whiskey, their particularities, their manufacturing process . We will also have the opportunity to listen to traditional music, enjoy seafood, hiking, and see how the "Old Alliance" between Scots and French is still relevant.
- Return to the port of Oban Expected landing at 14h at the North Pier de Oban marina.
The Challenge 67 'Class Yachts were designed for the Challenge Business by David Thomas, especially for this race around the world' in the wrong way '.
The specifications of these yachts must allow these ships to face exceptional conditions, to be extremely marine but also fast and modern, They must be able to cross the Southern Ocean against the prevailing winds in a relative comfort.
Safety is paramount both in terms of strength and safety of the crew.
The ship accommodates 9 to 10 passengers and 2 to 3 crew members, depending on schedules and destinations. The cabins, the saloon, the kitchen are located on the lower deck, thus promoting tranquility and privacy. The beds are divided into 6 cabins. Two aft cabins with a double berth per cabin, two mid cabins with 3 individual berths per cabin and two front cabins with 2 individual berths per cabin.
Both bathrooms are at the front of the ship.
The entire boat is heated to navigate all year and in all latitudes.
Our trip starts here
Wednesday 22 May from 18:00 until Wednesday 22 May at 19:00
Our trip ends here
Friday 31 May from 14:00 until Friday 31 May at 15:00
Other important information
- Baggage: prefer flexible baggage, easy to store (avoid for example rigid suitcases)
- Bedding: sheets, duvet, duvet cover and pillow are provided
- Waxed: overalls and waxed jackets in different sizes for adults are loaned to you
Comfort on board
- Electricity: the boat is equipped with electrical outlets in 220v. In navigation and at anchor, the catches are not always fed. Remember to charge your batteries before coming.
- Fresh water and hot water: as on all boats, we must be attentive to our consumption, but our tanks are large. Ability to take showers on board and as soon as possible, in the sanitary of the captaincy.
- Heating: the whole boat is heated.
Payment and conditions
The booking and cancellation policies are applied to all listed experiences. They are in place to create a fair platform and best protect both travellers and skippers.
Book your experience now by authorising the payment via debit or credit card.
Cancellations: if the holiday has not been confirmed, you can cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
You have to cancel a holiday that has already been confirmed? Please contact us, and we will do our best to help.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Full board
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 200-300€ per person.