Our community is growing fast (3X YOY on revenues, 85k users, doubled in the last 12 months), we’re proud about what we have done so far, excited about where we're heading, and we want to share the helm with people eager to to help us building the vessel to conquer new, undiscovered lands.
Our dream is to make sailing experiences accessible to anyone, enabling the sharing of unique experiences among people from all over the world.
Our route is driven by a clear vision and great passion: that is why we are not just
looking for talented people but we need them to share our same passion. They are adventure lovers
and full of smart ideas, ready to share them in in the office as well as on a sailboat while having
We are informal and spontaneous, professional but without forgetting to wear our best smile, target oriented but respectful of the human dimension: hard workers in the office, fair players in everyday life.
We are based in Milan and Paris and we fairly mix work and fun. But as soon as we can, we get on board to sail away.
We prefer flip-flops to ties and our offices reflect the Sailsquare personality: brightness, comfort and uniqueness! All of this a few steps away from the tube.
Chief Technology Officer
As Chief Technology Officer, you'll be responsible for designing the software architecture, coordinating both the internal tech team and external providers and writing some code. You will be part of a distributed team that uses an Agile approach, eager to try new things and learn from the experience, and to build great products.
Ideally, you have earned at least 6-8 years of relevant experience as a full stack web developer, software architect and tech leader, part of which spent in one or more startups, and you have managed teams of at least 4-5 people.
Passion, curiosity, proactivity, attitude to constant improvement, collaboration and respect for others are the traits we seek in every person, as well as the values we believe.
Are you ready to join our crew?
- As a member of the Product Management committee, contribute in defining the product development roadmap, ensuring the platform’s alignment with the company’s strategies and business goals;
- Design the overall software architecture and define technology guidelines and standards;
- Discover and implement best practices in software development methodologies, architectures and technologies;
- Manage the technology infrastructure, in order to guarantee safety, reliability and scalability of the overall architecture;
- Lead the Dev team by setting clear roles and expectations, holding people accountable, reviewing progress, and providing constant feedback and guidance;
- Build and nurture a positive team culture, focused on our core values and acting as a role model for other team members.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Is someone with proven track record in developing complex custom web applications;
- Has earned deep, hands-on knowledge of PHP (6+ years) and Symfony framework (3+ years);
- Can ensure security and performance of user-facing web applications;
- Is experienced as analyst and product owner;
- Has familiarity with client side technologies, front-end toolchains and at least one modern framework (Vue, React, Angular);
- Has experience with Continuous integration, TDD and BDD;
- Is experienced on AWS, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Unix systems;
- Is a strong advocate of Agile development methodologies;
- Is passionate about writing beautiful, clean, optimized code (being also passionate about sailing is a strong plus);
- Has the ability to inspire, motivate and support people, and uses the word ‘we’ a lot more often than ‘I’;
- Has excellent communication and leadership skills, together with a strong energy mixed to passion and creativity;
- Is result-oriented, ambitious and not scared to raise the bar of goals all the time;
- Speaks english perfectly and possesses a good level of italian.
What we offer:
Contract: Full-time, open-ended. Salary: 50-65k gross annual salary + stock options.
- Go sailing for free, pretending to be working;
- Work in a open and collaborative environment and, frankly, really fun;
- Join the core team of the startup that’s changing the world of nautical tourism.
Think you're the right one for us?
If you really want this job, your CV and a cover letter just won’t be enough. Amaze us and tell us why we should choose you and how you would improve Sailsquare: creativity will be rewarded!Submit your application!