Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Sailing courses & regatta with professional skipper460 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
XX reasons to choose Sailsquare for you next TRAVEL IDEA
- Find the adventure of your dreams from hundreds of sailing courses - with prices starting at €150 for weekends and €400 for week long trips.
- Find your skipper from a community of several thousand local skippers driven by the desire to make you discover their passion for sailing and their sailing area.
- Learn to sail while exploring magical places - only accessible by boat.
- Share the magic of life aboard a sailboat with the other crew members.
- Choose the experience that best suits your objectives, whether you are a total beginner or an expert.
- Enjoy extraordinary experiences and realise your travel dreams - such as a transatlantic crossing, or Spitsbergen cruise. Or, if you prefer, participate in internationally renowned regattas - such as Antibes, Saint Tropez.
- Sail all year round in more than 95 destinations across all the seas of the world: the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Pacific, Indian and even Greenland or Patagonia!
Tips to help you to better plan for your next sailing course or regatta holiday:
All you need to know about your next sailing cruise.
Learning to sail: how much does it cost?
You can find sailing courses from €150 on weekends and €400 on weekdays. This amount then varies according to several parameters such as the destination, style of the boat and proposed itinerary. Like with any other such experience, the cost of transport to and from the sailing trip, the participation in the ship's cash float (often around €150 per week), as well as the extras during your cruise, such as meals out.
The best destinations for an adult sailing course
Each destination is different and therefore so too are the possibilities. For a weekend sailing course, there is availability in more northern European destinations such as France - including Brittany, the French Riviera, the Atlantic coast. Across the Mediterranean, several areas are particularly well suited for a one-week sailing course: Croatia, the Greek Cyclades, the Balearic Islands, Corsica and Sardinia. For those who wish to combine learning to sail with the sun of the tropics, fly to the Caribbean Sea and sail in the paradise islands of the Grenadines or Guadeloupe.
I am a beginner - I am a pro. Is there an experience for me?
If you have never sailed before and would like to discover this new feeling, we recommend that you head for a discovery trip where you can learn how to steer, hoist, and handle the sails. For those who wish to improve their knowledge - including cartography, meteorology, night navigation, spinnaker, radios - recommend that you go on more technical and longer sailing courses (1 week or more) that will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the manoeuvres and life on board. For the more adventurous, cross the Channel, the Atlantic or the Mediterranean!
Sailing internship: Finally make your dream of learning to sail come true
There are dreams that can now be easily realised - learning to sail is part of it! No special knowledge is required to start sailing with a professional skipper who will gradually transmit his passion and advice to you during sailing courses corresponding to your level. Get ready to share unique experiences with other crew members and enjoy the friendliness of living on board a sailboat.