Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - WWF Whale Whatching sailing experience & cruises25 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
7 reasons to choose a WWF Travel research cruise with Sailsquare
- Experience the magic of spotting the cetaceans that populate our seas accompanied by a WWF Italy research biologist who will share his knowledge, passion and tools with the crew
- Conscious travel, with minimal impact on the planet: a sailing cruise is in fact one of the most environmentally friendly vacations you can take. The fuel is the wind, and on board you are encouraged to behave responsibly towards the environment and the ecosystem.
- Share the magic of the typical life on board: conviviality, respect and authenticity.
- Discover the beauty of living in close contact with nature, in hidden bays far from crowded places.
- Come on a cetacean watching cruise on the itineraries specially designed by WWF's team of research biologists.
- Experience a unique and exciting experience that will make you return home with many wonderful memories.
- Entra a far parte di un vero e proprio progetto di ricerca che ti vedrà protagonista nell'identificare e proteggere delfini, balene e altri cetacei che abitano le acque del Mediterraneo.
Everything you need to know about WWF research and whale watching cruises
What's the best time to board a WWF cruise and what are the best places for sightings?
In general, you can go on a WWWF research and whale watching cruise year-round. There are times that are more suitable to combine the cetacean sighting experience with the pleasantness of enjoying long, warm days.
During spring and autumn, weekends and long weekends are organized for research experiences that focus on the Italian coast, particularly in Sardinia, Liguria and Tuscany. In summer, in addition to weekly cruises to Italian destinations, cruises to Greece and the Balearic Islands are also added.
Does one need to have sailing experience?
Absolutely not. Anyone can board a WWF cetacean research and sighting cruise. Moreover there are no age limits and anyone can enjoy this experience: from the lone traveller, who wants to combine the pleasure of meeting new people on board with the thrill of experiencing cetacean sightings, to the family who wants to experience an adventure that is perfect for adults and children, to couples and groups of friends looking to relax, have fun and get in touch with nature.
The WWF research and cetacean spotting experience is a great way to experience the wonders of nature.
The love for the sea, its inhabitants and their protection represent a fixed point in the programming of WWF cruises, which is enriched with new travel formulas that combine the charm of a vacation in the most beautiful seas of our country with the possibility of living firsthand experiences related to research and conservation. Sailsquare and WWF propose a real experience of Citizen Science, a cruise on a sailing boat involved in scientific research activities WWF for the preservation of megafauna in the seas of the Mediterranean. An experience of sea and navigation accompanied by biologists researchers WWF, where you can learn to observe, identify and protect the cetaceans of our seas, from the threats they face every day, such as fishing and boating traffic.