No holiday found.
Currently there are no listed holidays matching your search.
How about widening your search?
Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
8 reasons to choose the Cyclades for your next sailing holiday:
- Home to some of the most spectacular beauty in the Greek Isles in Santorini, Mykonos, and Ios
- Lesser-known treasures of the Cyclades such as Sifnos, Koufonisia, and Amorgos which are regarded by expert skippers as some of the most perfect Greek islands
- An ideal climate for sailing from April through to October
- Learn the special sirtaki dance in the area’s street festivals
- Taste the popular Greek liquor, ouzo, with a meal of local produce
- Discover some of the world’s most charming coves and lagoons
- Immerse yourself in the regions iconic white, cubic architecture and charming fishing villages
The best places & specific destinations to visit during your sailing holidays in the Cyclades:
Sailing the world renowned landscapes of Mykonos
This island of Mykonos, a favourite holidaying spot, is recognised for the beauty of its hilly landscapes, sandy beaches, and picturesque Cycladic white country chapels. Where as, the crescent-shaped Santorini, or Thira, as it’s otherwise known, is in fact a group of islands in the southern Cyclades.
The volcanic complex of the Santorini Islands has crafted some of the most unique arrangements of rock and ocean - while sunset images from the famous Caldera have become synonymous with romance. Then there is the island of Ios, known as Nios by the locals, and considered by many as one of the most beautiful islands in the Cyclades. The Panayia Gremiótissa church that stands at the highest point of Ios offers a striking view over the town and out onto the open sea.
Exploring the secret beauty of the Cyclades
The best kept secrets of the Cyclades are the islands of Sifnos, Koufonisia, and Amorgos. Sifnos with its red bougainvillea that hugs the white of the buildings, as the gentle Meltemi breeze flows over the hills and onto coastline. Koufonisa is said to compete with the best of Greek islands on all fronts. The port of Koufonisa sits on the islands only village, here some of the most charming blue lagoons are being secluded. Amorgos rises dramatically from the Aegean, creating extremely unique landscapes, and is described by skippers as a charm that you most confront at least once in your life.
The Cyclades, which originates from the Greek word for ring or circle, is in fact made up of around 220 different islands. This variety in island, partnered with the Meltemi winds, make for some of the best conditions for a sailing holiday full of discovery and fun.
Tips to help you to better plan for your next sailing holidays in the Cyclades:
- As the region boasts a warm climate for much of the year, sailing the Cyclades is recommended between early April and late October.
- You can find experiences for a week in the Cyclades with a skipper from €500 per person. This figure excludes transport to and from the holiday. It is important to remember that depending on the month of travel and style of boat pricing is subject to change.
- The two main airports in the area are based in Mykonos and Santorini. If not clear in the holiday listing, reach out to a holiday’s organising skipper to understand more precisely the most suitable transport options.
The best sailing holiday itineraries for your next adventure in the Cyclades with a skipper:
- Due to the Cyclades having approximately 220 islands, there are a great number of different sailing holiday itinerary options. Popular itineraries include the exploration of some of the areas most popular islands including - Sifnos, Poliegos, Kimolos, Milos, Paros, Syros, Santorini, and Mykonos.
- Such concentration of different islands means that some skippers like to propose visiting a new island each day. If there are shorter holiday time frames available, there are many itineraries that revolve more heavily on the Small (otherwise known as Little, Minor or Lesser) Cyclades.