French Riviera and Porquerolles
Travellers of all ages are welcome!
16 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
We will close the summer with a beautiful flotilla on the Hyères islands , a true corner of paradise where the sea is crystal clear. We will take the last baths to greet the new season.
The sailing boat is ideal for discovering the archipelago which includes the three islands of Porquerolles - Port Cros - lle Du Levant . One more beautiful than the other and certainly unique in the Mediterranean landscape. This area is great for yachtsmen Porquerolles has exceptional beaches in the north, surrounded by turquoise waters. The island can also be explored by bicycle. Port Cros hosts a marine and terrestrial national park Lle Du Levant is not very accessible as it is a military site. It is however possible to go to the north-western part where there is a naturist village with its own beach.
We are waiting for you to start at the most with the Winter season. Summer is over but we still want the sea, sun, sailing, new and old friends!
WE WILL SAIL IN THE FLEET WITH TWO SUPER BOATS!
You're one of us??
The beaches on the island of Porquerolles are certainly among the most beautiful. There are also some beautiful coves on the east side of the island. Do not miss the bike ride to discover the interior of the island, very green. Here are some beaches:
Bay Courtade - A few steps east of the village of Porquerolles and about 800 meters from the port is this beach formed by a long strip of sand which allows you to relax and swim. This is very exposed to the mistral but is well known for its proximity to the village. On the edge of the beach the tamarisk, eucalyptus and pine trees make a fine show, giving a unique beauty to this beach, you are invaded by Mediterranean scents. Of course they also serve to shade on summer days.
Notre Dame Bay - Located about 3.5 km east of the village, this beach is best known as the most beautiful beach on the island of Porquerolles, in fact its photos can be found in all the magazines that talk about Porquerolles.
Silver Beach - This beautiful beach of pearly white sand is not far from the village (about 1.5 km) to the west. The beach is surrounded by maritime pine trees. It is a bit more lively than the others, there is also a club / restaurant. Here too we are surrounded by a turquoise sea.
Lobster Bay - Located in the west of the island. Lobster Beach has two beach sectors. One on the north side of the island is the white beach and the other on the south of the island is the black beach. It is also a protected anchorage point for all boaters who visit the island of Porquerolles. The black beach gets its name from the color of its red sand. The black beach, being smaller, offers a more typical anchorage and a nice intimate atmosphere.
PORT CROS ISLAND
The stop and visit of the Port Cros island is highly regulated, but if we were able to anchor in Port-Man, for one night, we will have the opportunity to stay under a starry sky. It is a wild bay located in the eastern part of Port Cros. The island has about fifty inhabitants, whose activity is partly linked to tourism and control of the park. There is a small harbor in Port Cros and also some buoys in the adjacent bay. Often in hot weather it is very crowded with boaters. It is wonderful to go hiking along the marked trails (forbidden to leave the route) to discover the fauna and flora
LLE DU LEVANT ISLAND
As mentioned before, the island is under the domain of the French navy and therefore inaccessible to the public. In any case, in addition to the naturist village, which is located in the north-west, there are also two beaches, Plage les Grottes and Plage de Sable Levant
PS The itinerary may change at any time upon the captain's decision, particularly due to adverse weather conditions.
NO MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS FOR THIS CRUISE !!! It is a safe departure cruise.
- SUN ODYSSEY 519 sailing boat - prestige category (4 double cabins + 1 cab. With bunk bed + 3 bathrooms + skipper cabin) 10 + 2 - Length 16 m - year of registration 2020
- Sailboat SUN ODYSSEY 419 - prestige category (3 double cabins + 2 bathrooms + dinette for skipper) 6 + 2 - length 12 m - year of registration 2016
Our trip starts here
Saturday 18 September from 15:00 until Saturday 18 September at 23:00
Our trip ends here
Wednesday 22 September from 17:00 until Wednesday 22 September at 17:00
Reviews of Giuseppe
Other important information
THE PLUS OF THIS CRUISE
• A soft itinerary without long crossings against the wind or with rough sea
• Circular program that allows you to always visit different places
• Modest on-site expenses
• Warm and not humid climate, at the end of September it is fabulous
• Stops scheduled in relation to the prevailing wind
BASE OF BOARDING / DISEMBARKATION
The embarkation base for the crews will be the Marina di Bandol (Just after Toulon). It is essential that all participants arrive by the evening of Saturday 18 September even at midnight, so that on Sunday morning we can set sail safely. If we were all at the port by 3:00 pm on Saturday 18th September, we could even think about setting sail before evening. Clearly there would be a one in 100 chance that this would happen.
EMBARKATION: Saturday 18 September 2021, from 3:00 pm onwards, at the Marina of Bandol - French Riviera / France. Possibility of arriving even in the late evening.
DISEMBARK: Wednesday 22 September 2021, around 5 pm, at the marina of Bandol - French Riviera / France.
HOW TO REACH THE PORT OF BOARDING
Surely the best and most comfortable way to get to Bandol is by car.
As far as possible we will try to organize car crews among the various participants in the event, to help everyone find the right travel combination.
If you want there is also the train but it is not recommended.
Contact me in the message area for more information.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
• Boat / skipper fee;
• Double cabin accommodation;
• Final cleaning of the boat;
• Dinghy with outboard engine;
• Sailing school
THE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Common cash box managed on board (it will be used to pay ports, parks, food, fuel, skipper's food, etc.)
• Round trip transfer
• Travel cancellation insurance + doctor / baggage (cost € 37.00 without excess) - highly recommended
• Club / UISP association card (for those who do not already have one) which gives accident insurance and third party liability insurance (cost € 20.00 to be paid upon confirmation) - mandatory
• Anything that is not included under "The price includes"
• Sheets kit - cost per cabin € 15.00 - optional
• Insurance on the boat deposit (cost € 25.00 to be paid locally) - mandatory
• Everyone is required to participate in various onboard activities
• The crew will participate in the preparation of meals
• It is an important moment of aggregation and above all it is fun
• Get into the holiday spirit of life on a boat
• A common fund will be set up on board to cover expenses for: galley, landings, marine parks, diesel, skipper's food, etc.
• The skipper does not participate in the common fund
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly online via credit card, or via wire transfer by contacting our Customer Support.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days and the share is higher than 500 Euros, you can pay a deposit of 30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. Contact our Customer Support to benefit from this payment scheme.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Assicurazione cauzione barca 25€
- Tessera UISP 20€
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.