Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "Whale watching cruise with Barbascura X and WWF researcher - Pontine and Flegree Islands"!
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
WWF TRAVEL SEARCH CRUISES: WHALE WATCHING BUT NOT ONLY!
WWF Travel offers a cruise on a sailing boat where travelers will be involved in WWF scientific research activities for the protection of the Mediterranean megafauna. A sea and navigation experience accompanied by WWF researchers , where you can learn to observe, identify and protect, with strictly non-invasive methods, the cetaceans of our seas.
For travelers it will be an opportunity to enjoy naturalistic and marine beauties , to have fun in the most beautiful seas of the Mediterranean and at the same time to develop skills of great scientific interest such as:
• naturalistic photography techniques and photo-identification techniques
• monitoring methodologies
• behavior sampling techniques
• use of research instruments : GPS, navigation software, binoculars with reticles, video camera and BORIS software for the acquisition of surface behavioral data.
The atmosphere that reigns on the boat is serene and informal and all the people on board will be involved in the activities on board (such as cooking, keeping the boat in order, ...) , in order to preserve the spirit of sharing that characterizes this type of holidays. The daily activities, in agreement with the skipper and the researcher, will be modulated and variable according to the weather and sea conditions and the identification of itineraries that lend themselves extemporaneously to scientific research. For this as a crew we will need to be flexible and to understand that working with animals in nature is not 100% planned. Sometimes the observations of cetaceans will require more prolonged navigations in order to make an observation. But this is precisely the beauty of a cruise that has a scientific research component!
WHY CHOOSE WWF TRAVEL?
1) RESPONSIBLE TOURISM : we are among the founding members of AITR, the Italian Association of Responsible Tourism; for us, making a trip means first of all implementing all good practices aimed at respecting the environment , local communities and supporting the protection of biodiversity;
2) COMPETENCE and KNOWLEDGE : we give enormous value to competence in fact the WWF researchers all come from naturalistic training courses, but above all they have a very clear objective, that is to give depth to the emotions experienced on board and ensure that your wealth of knowledge is much heavier when returning from an experience with WWF, enriching with details every moment lived in search of the inhabitants of the sea.
3) FUN AND PLEASURE : we never forget that we are talking about holidays. We want to get to know the nature that surrounds us better, but we want to do it by enjoying the beauty of the places we are visiting and appreciating the pleasure of sharing the experience with our travel companions in a cheerful and relaxed atmosphere .
PLACES AND ITINERARY
We will leave Ischia to experience a holiday discovering the Gulf of Naples. Our itinerary will be mainly between the islands of Ischia and Procida : we will immerse ourselves in their beauties, stopping in the most enchanting bays, such as the Corricella bay, immortalized in Massimo Troisi's masterpiece, Il Postino. It will be a holiday dedicated to outdoor life and contact with nature. During the week, with a little more navigation, we can also reach Ventotene, Ponza and Palmarola : they are islands of extraordinary beauty, where you can enjoy the sea undisturbed in absolute peace and relaxation.
We will decide the exact itinerary based on the weather conditions and the indications of the skipper and the WWF expert.
Do you want to get excited with little? Fun and healthy life on the boat are also waiting for you, including aperitifs, dinners under the stars and swimming in natural pools, respecting the environment, with new and old friends.
Mario B. will be on board this experience: click on his name to read the reviews he has received from travelers.
Mario is described by his traveling companions as a profound connoisseur of the sea, always attentive to the safety of his guests, and available to teach some basic sailing skills to those who wish. A lover of culture, history and the charm of his land, he will always be able to recommend an excellent restaurant to taste the typical flavors of Campania.
NOTE : during this experience video footage will be made and photographs will be taken. By proceeding with the booking of this experience, you accept that your image may appear in photographs and video content disseminated through the social channels of Barbascura X, WWF Travel or Sailsquare.
Each cabin has power outlets and heating. There is also a dehumidifier and WI-Fi connection on board for those who need it.
Our trip starts here
Ischia, NA, Italia
Tuesday 7 June from 12:00 until Tuesday 7 June at 13:00
Our trip ends here
Ischia, NA, Italia
Saturday 11 June from 9:00 until Saturday 11 June at 11:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
WHAT TO BRING
For luggage, soft bags or backpacks are recommended, and boat or sea shoes to be used exclusively on board. Don't forget your car phone charger, slippers, fins and mask, sunscreen, shampoo and biodegradable shower gel, waxed to protect yourself in case of rain and a great desire to have fun with care and adaptability.
HOW TO REACH THE BOARDING PLACE
The port of Ischia is easily reachable from the Port of Naples by ferry or hydrofoil as well as from the port of Pozzuoli. Both places are served by guarded parking lots. Near the embarkation point in Ischia you can find supermarkets, markets, restaurants, pizzerias, bars and shops for every need.
Cancellations and Refund
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can
pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the
balance within 30 days before departure. For this type
of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
If your vacation is not confirmed, you may pay:
- 30% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance when the vacation is confirmed or, 30 days before departure if it is not confirmed before.
If the vacation is confirmed, you can pay:
- 60% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance 30 days before departure.
- Unconfirmed vacation: you can cancel when you want: you will receive a full refund of the amount paid, net of any additional services.
- Confirmed vacation: if you cancel your reservation 30 or more days before departure, a penalty of 60% will apply. a 60% penalty. If you cancel less than 30 days days before departure, a penalty of 100% applies.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
- Mandatory medical and baggage insurance
- WWF guide
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Lenzuola - €15.00/cabina
- Pulizia e sanificazione fine esperienza - € 50.00
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.