Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This holiday has already taken place!
Have a look at similar experiences to "Weekend on a traditional schooner among the crystalline waters of Isola del Giglio"!
This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
A characteristic 60 foot gaff rigged schooner, built entirely of wood and designed for an environmental awareness project on the theme of plastic in the sea. Sailing with us means taking a step back in time, it means trying those emotions that only history with its traditions can give you. Lying on the deck, eyes closed, the sun warming your face and feeling the gentle rolling of the boat while safely plowing the water. Or imagine the satisfaction of hoisting the mainsail hand over hand, together with two or three other people, to the sound of "ooh issa! Oooohhh issaaa !!", just as you have surely seen in movies of adventurers and pirates. With its 36 tons and more than 200o square feet of sails, our schooner guarantees you to make you live special and unforgettable moments, of those moments that will remain etched in your memory and that you will want to tell your children and your grandchildren.
Schooner 60 Piedi, Westergard Boats
Wooden schooner, auric rig, traditional construction
Lung. On deck. 18.14 m wide mt. 4.67 draft mt. 2.49
Comfort: 2 double cabins, 2 triple cabins, 1 quadruple cabin, 1 navigator berth (total 15 beds);
2 bathrooms, dinette, kitchen with oven.
Instruments: compass, VHF, GPS Navionics, manual windlass, awning, tender with outboard.
100hp aspirated FTP engine
Our trip starts here
Porto Santo Stefano, GR, Italia
Friday 19 July from 10:00 until Friday 19 July at 16:00
Our trip ends here
Porto Santo Stefano, GR, Italia
Sunday 21 July from 17:00 until Sunday 21 July at 18:00
Reviews of Francesco
Other important information
By train: station of arrival is Orbetello Monte Argentario, then take a Tiemme bus to Porto Santo Stefano ( go on the website for timetable). By car: from the south you can easily reach Orbetello Monte Argentario, exit the SS1 and follow the signs to Porto Santo Stefano. Coming from the north: exit SS1 at Albinia and follow road signs for Giannella and Porto Santo Stefano. Once arrived at the port contact me by mobile to get updated directions. I advise you to bring rainproof clothing: at sea the weather can change abruptly, do not use rigid suitcases in the boat spaces are limited. If you think you suffer from seasickness you can buy special tablets at the pharmacy.
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- Pasti a bordo
- •Quota per la cambusa corrispondente a 25€ giornalieri a persona (solo se pasteggiate a bordo) alcolici non compresi (mediamente 15€ca a settimana a persona).
- Bevande a bordo
- Soste nei porti o marina
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 0-50€ per person.