Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
6 reasons to choose Polynesia for your next catamaran cruise:
- Landing in Bora, enjoying a sunbath and filling your pupils with those extraordinary blue-green cameos only found here, in this lagoon where immense manta rays live
- Ideal for a sailing holiday with family or friends - with many catamaran holiday listings offering full boat booking options
- Go diving in the range of outstanding sites in all the archipelagos
- Attend a Tahitian dance performance to soak up the culture in music
- If you're more of a sportsman, the high islands of the Society Archipelago allow you to discover wild mountains and valleys
- Revel in the songs of the dolphins that often accompany the crossing of the boats
The best places to visit on your next Polynesian catamaran cruise:
At the end of the world, the Pacific is home to an earthly paradise, Polynesia. Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Bora Bora, Rangiroa, Nuku Hiva ... how could you not give in to the charms of all these dream islands with such different personalities. Paradise beaches, dream islands, mountains and breathtaking landscapes are on the agenda. But a trip to Polynesia is above all a moment of timeless escape from island to island, discovering the traditions of an ancestral culture. Coral reef with a thousand colours, rainbow fish, white sandy beaches and turquoise water, marvel at the most beautiful lagoons in the world during your stay on a catamaran in French Polynesia. Une destination particulièrement adaptée aux couples ou aux familles !
Tahiti is the largest island in the archipelago. With its volcanic peaks covered by abundant jungle and turquoise lagoons, the island will offer you spectacular scenery. But Tahiti is also famous for its hospitality and relaxed atmosphere. So you will quickly feel at home on this island. During your stay in Tahiti, you will stroll between the colourful stalls of the Papeete market where Polynesians with warm smiles will offer you local crafts and exotic fruits. Continuous easterly trade winds averaging 15-20 knots ensure a relaxing catamaran holiday in Tahiti. The reefs ensure calm waters while the water outside the rings offers livelier sailing.
The pearl of the Pacific, Bora Bora Bora, lies 270 kilometres northwest of Tahiti and is home to one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world. Set sail on a catamaran to discover this real postcard and immerse yourself in this tropical island paradise, perfect for those in search of romance. The lagoon of Bora Bora Bora is an underwater world that welcomes manta rays, sharks and fish, to the delight of divers. The island is also known for its world-renowned shops of original local and international art, Tahitian pearls and precious wood crafts.
Moorea, Tahiti's sister island appears as a tropical garden filled with fields of silver pineapples, the island's main agricultural product. In the midst of this enchanting landscape, rays of light pierce the Mou'a Puta ("the pierced mountain"). All this, together with the waterfalls of Afareaitu or the famous Cook and Opunohu bays, make this a magical place. Moorea is also known for its white sandy beaches, the most popular of which are Temae beach and Haapiti beach called Hauru Point.
Everything you need to know about your next Polynesian cruise on a catamaran:
- The best time to visit this Pacific paradise is from June to October, during which the climate is dry and relatively cool, although temperatures remain warm, around 25 degrees.
- To get to French Polynesia, you'll need to make a stopover in Los Angeles. From Europe, there are connections from Paris (with Air France and Air Tahiti Nui) and London (with Air New Zealand). After a stopover in Los Angeles you will arrive at Faa'a International Airport (PPT) located near Papeete, the capital of Tahiti, the main island. In all it will take you about twenty hours to fly from Paris.