Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Catamaran yacht sailing holidays & tours in Grenadines & Martinique51 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
7 reasons to take a catamaran vacation in the Grenadines and Martinique
- Dive into the crystal clear waters of the Tobago Cays and swim with thousands of colorful fish
- Explore the pristine island of Mayreau, a natural paradise.
- Get your fill of vitamin D by soaking up the sun on Palm Island Beach
- Prepare a barbecue on the beach of the Baie des Anglais with your crew
- Schedule a hike on Pelee Mountain
- Sail between the beautiful islands of Robert Bay
- Moor in the famous Marin Harbor among the best marinas in the Caribbean.
The best places to visit during a catamaran cruise in the Grenadines and Martinique
The Grenadines and the island of Martinique are an ideal destination for a catamaran cruise. The sailing conditions are excellent, the beaches are paradisiacal and the atmosphere is obviously Caribbean. Beaten by the trade winds, the Grenadin Archipelago also has the ideal conditions to learn the basics of navigation. Whether you go alone, in couple or in a group the activities to do are varied from snorkeling to hiking to kite surfing etc.. The only constant will be to make you conquer the tropical sun and the warm welcome of the locals.
Martinica is a lush and majestic island located between Dominica and the Grenadines.
In addition to being among the largest marinas, the famous Marin Harbor is a great starting point for exploring the neighboring islands. In between activities, be amazed by the calm and beauty of sailing in exclusive bays while enjoying a delicious ti-punch with your crew.
Take two minutes of your time and imagine yourself aboard a beautiful catamaran sailing in search of the most beautiful beach in the Grenadines and Martinique. Relax on the nets in the bow and if you're too hot, take a dip from the diving board and cool off amidst the multicolored fishes.
More than a sailing cruise, this will be a journey of relaxation and good food that will allow you to enjoy the typical dishes of Creole cuisine: fresh fish, exotic vegetables, sweet potatoes, cassava and okra accompanied by spicy sauces with coriander.
Martinica, a great starting point for a catamaran cruise
Coconut palms, turquoise water, constant wind, a catamaran cruise in Martinique has it all. It is in complete freedom that you can go and discover a lush island and breathtaking bays such as Baie Robert, Baie des Anglais, Ilet Chevalier, Anse Couleuvre... you will be spoiled for choice on where to moor at anchor, where to sunbathe, read a good book and sip a drink at sunset. Martinica will offer you wonderful sailing, but also beautiful excursions and unforgettable dives.
Many islands to explore by catamaran during your Grenadines cruise
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) are an archipelago of paradise islands, nine of which are inhabited while the remainder are wild. The Grenadines are the southernmost West Indies islands of the Caribbean and the archipelago is an ideal destination for those seeking warm temperatures year-round, a crystal clear sea and lush nature.
St. Vincent, the main island, is covered mostly by rainforest, while the small, idyllic Bequia is the star of this peaceful archipelago. Each of the islands has its own style, but they all have in common the temperature of the water and its color, the traditional palms and coconut trees, the delicious local rum and the warm welcome of the inhabitants!
Hire a catamaran with skipper in the Grenadines and Martinique
If you want to be completely free in organizing a cruise in the Grenadines and Martinique, you can rent a skippered catamaran. You will thus have the possibility to adapt the program and the route according to your wishes, without having to share the cruise with other crew members. The budget will be greater but it is the price of freedom. Hire a catamaran with skipper in the Caribbean is definitely the ideal solution for families or groups of friends looking for some privacy.
Everything you need to know to plan a catamaran cruise in the Grenadines and Martinique
- The best time for a catamaran cruise in the Grenadines and Martinique is November through May during the dry season.
During this time, air and water temperatures are ideal and the risk of rain is very low.
Trade winds are constant and blow from the northeast between 15 and 25 knots. While between December and February the winds tend to strengthen, which can make the sea rougher but sailing conditions remain pleasant. Another important element to consider are the tourists! The Christmas period and New Year is very popular and everything becomes more expensive. However in catamaran you will be able to get away from the crowds and moor in exclusive coves thanks to the on-board program designed by your skipper.
- For the budget you will need between 1300 and 1800 € all inclusive for a catamaran cruise in Martinique and the Grenadines.
Booking well in advance and outside the school vacations, you can find catamaran cruises as low as €800 per person. Many French airlines offer direct flights from Paris to Fort de France at attractive prices. If your budget allows and comfort is your priority, there are large modern and luxurious catamarans that will make your stay in Martinique and the Grenadines unparalleled.
- Direct and low-cost airlines between Europe and Martinique and the Grenadines have developed strongly in recent years. Several alternatives are available. The cheapest is to embark from Marin Harbour in Martinique where several companies offer flights from 350€ round trip throughout the year. From Marin Harbour, you can sail to the Grenadines archipelago sailing under the starry sky of the Caribbean. A unique experience to live at least once in your life. For those who prefer to arrive directly to the Grenadines, you can reach the archipelago through the airport of Kingstown making a stopover in Fort de France or Saint Martin.
- If you are traveling as a single or as a couple, we recommend that you book a single seat on board or a cabin. The price will be very advantageous sharing the sailboat with other crew members who have the same desires as you: to live a unique adventure in the Caribbean on a sailboat or catamaran. If you are an already formed group (friends, family), we recommend renting an entire boat with a skipper. This will allow you to freely decide on the program and the stops, taking into account a budget between 5000 € and 9000 € for 1 week on a catamaran with skipper.