This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
ATTENTION: the Experience is scheduled for the weekend from 26 to 28 June. Pending developments regarding the Coronavirus health emergency, we point out that it is a partially provisional date and the organizers reserve the right to modify it to ensure the best performance of the scheduled weekend if necessary.
Before booking, it is essential to contact us via the "Contact the organizer" button on the experience form : after a short telephone chat, we will provide you with all the instructions to make the reservation with the help of Sailsquare Customer Support.
Welcome aboard CrazySail Academy, an academy entirely dedicated to boat license holders (or other qualifying certificates). It is a 4-day professional course designed primarily to prepare skippers for flotilla maneuvers and crew management .
An Ocean RYA instructor will conduct theoretical and, above all, practical lessons supervising every single maneuver of the participants. He will be joined by the CrazySail Route Manager , with more than ten thousand miles and ten years of experience in the flotilla behind him. Together they will test everyone's skills and teach their "secrets" with a view to continuous improvement!
The teaching objectives are mainly two:
1. Make all participants autonomous in flotilla maneuvers, increasing their practical and theoretical knowledge regarding safe maneuvers and possible unexpected events.
2. Train skippers capable of handling all kinds of crew, from expert to those who have never been on a sailboat.
Skipper for CrazySail 2020
We continuously aim to improve the quality of our staff, as a trained and competent staff is a wealth and it is our interest to enhance it as much as possible. For this reason, all participants who pass the final exam will be given the opportunity to be part of the CrazySail Skippers during our 3-week flotilla summer event which will take place in Croatia this year.
Do you want to take a look at what you can find in the flotilla?
Here it is:
- Original Route 7 boats 8/15 August ;
- Original Route 7 boats 15/22 August ;
- Original Route 4 boats 22/29 August .
Where is it?
Split and the Croatian islands will be the framework for CrazySail Academy. Thanks to the numerous connections it is not difficult to reach it. A prestigious area for navigation and flotilla maneuvers, all summers are chosen by numerous companies in the sector. The islands facing Split also offer numerous leisure opportunities, where you can relax and share your experiences at sea after a day of intense work.
The CrazySail Academy will take place, starting from the ACI marina of Split, on 26-28 June, on two cabin cruisers.
The didactic manual is included in the participation fee . Travel and galley costs are not included.
Here are some of the points of the program that we will touch during the weekend:
- Welcome and galley storage
- Initial briefing
- First lesson "How to get out safely?"
- Raft demonstration (Package)
- Theoretical and practical lessons on anchoring and building a raft, also with adverse conditions and various case studies
- Theoretical lessons of first aid at sea
- Theoretical navigation lesson and moorings in the port, on the dock and moorings for refueling
- Mooring and port maneuvers examination
Find out what CrazySail Academy means in this video and ... we are waiting for you on board!
Our trip starts here
Friday 26 June from 10:00 until Friday 26 June at 12:00
Our trip ends here
Sunday 28 June from 14:00 until Sunday 28 June at 15:00
Reviews of CrazySail
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly online via credit card, or via wire transfer by contacting our Customer Support.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days and the share is higher than 500 Euros, you can pay a deposit of 30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. Contact our Customer Support to benefit from this payment scheme.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 50-150€ per person.