Travellers of all ages are welcome!
4 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
7 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
WWF TRAVEL SEARCH CRUISES: WHALE WATCHING BUT NOT ONLY!
WWF Travel offers a cruise on a sailing boat where travelers will be involved in WWF scientific research activities for the protection of the Mediterranean megafauna. A sea and navigation experience accompanied by WWF researchers , where you can learn to observe, identify and protect, with strictly non-invasive methods, the cetaceans of our seas.
For travelers it will be an opportunity to enjoy naturalistic and marine beauties , to have fun in the most beautiful seas of the Mediterranean and at the same time to develop skills of great scientific interest such as:
• naturalistic photography techniques and photo-identification techniques
• monitoring methodologies
• behavior sampling techniques
• use of research instruments : GPS, navigation software, binoculars with reticles, video camera and BORIS software for the acquisition of surface behavioral data.
The atmosphere that reigns on the boat is serene and informal and all the people on board will be involved in the activities on board (such as cooking, keeping the boat in order, ...) , in order to preserve the spirit of sharing that characterizes this type of holidays. The daily activities, in agreement with the skipper and the researcher, will be modulated and variable according to the weather and sea conditions and the identification of itineraries that lend themselves extemporaneously to scientific research. For this as a crew we will need to be flexible and to understand that working with animals in nature is not 100% planned. Sometimes the observations of cetaceans will require more prolonged navigations in order to make an observation. But this is precisely the beauty of a cruise that has a scientific research component!
WHY CHOOSE WWF TRAVEL?
1) RESPONSIBLE TOURISM : we are among the founding members of AITR, the Italian Association of Responsible Tourism; for us, making a trip means first of all implementing all good practices aimed at respecting the environment , local communities and supporting the protection of biodiversity;
2) COMPETENCE and KNOWLEDGE : we give enormous value to competence in fact the WWF researchers all come from naturalistic training courses, but above all they have a very clear objective, that is to give depth to the emotions experienced on board and ensure that your wealth of knowledge is much heavier when returning from an experience with WWF, enriching with details every moment lived in search of the inhabitants of the sea.
3) FUN AND PLEASURE : we never forget that we are talking about holidays. We want to get to know the nature that surrounds us better, but we want to do it by enjoying the beauty of the places we are visiting and appreciating the pleasure of sharing the experience with our travel companions in a cheerful and relaxed atmosphere .
PLACES AND ITINERARY
We will depart from Portisco with a route to the Maddalena Archipelago and southern Corsica. Sardinia is famous for its clear waters, beautiful beaches and breathtaking landscapes. The archipelago is made up of many islands close to each other and easily accessible, with a crossing of the Strait of Bonifacio, is the southernmost tip of Corsica. A little corner of paradise where the activities that we can do will be many!
We will decide the itinerary based on the weather conditions and the indications of the skipper and the WWF expert.
Do you want to get excited with little? Fun and healthy life on the boat are also waiting for you, including aperitifs, dinners under the stars and swimming in natural pools, respecting the environment, with new and old friends.
On board this experience will be Alberto B .: click on the name to read the reviews it has received from travelers.
Alberto was born as a diver, then moved on to the world of sailing to combine his two greatest passions, passions and two beautiful and fascinating ways of experiencing the sea. He defines himself as a 360 ° sailor who loves the sea in all its forms, colors, aspects and deeply respects it. He spent two years sailing between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans and then returned to Italy and sailed between the Aeolian Islands, Pontine, Northern Sardinia and Southern Corsica.
To participate in this experience, the Green Pass obtained with a complete vaccination cycle is required
The boat is a Bavaria 50 Cruiser from 2008, I immediately fell in love with this boat as soon as I saw it.
Very comfortable and spacious with all the main comforts, with a large awning to shelter from the sun during the day.
Inside it has 4 cabins, so divided into 1 very large master cabin forward, 2 double aft cabins and a cabin with bunk beds. (All cabins have a 12 V socket to charge cell phones)
It has 3 bathrooms, all with 220 V socket to use the phono, electric toilets, showers and hot water sufficient for all.
A large dinette with TV, stereo, 2-burner stove, an oven and two fridges
Fast and comfortable, also suitable for learning the basics and starting to sail.
Equipped with rullaranda, genova and gennaker
Two water tanks which in total make 900 liters
A large tender of 3.10 m, with a 5 hp engine that can comfortably accommodate up to 9 people
A Sup for those who want to keep fit and an inflatable mattress for those who want to relax.
Our trip starts here
Portisco, SS, Italia
Saturday 18 June from 16:00 until Saturday 18 June at 17:00
Our trip ends here
Portisco, SS, Italia
Friday 24 June from 19:00 until Saturday 25 June at 9:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
WHAT TO BRING
Recommended: car phone charger, soft bags, boat shoes, slippers, fins and mask, sunscreen, biodegradable shampoo and shower gel, waxed and a great desire to have fun with care and adaptability.
HOW TO REACH THE BOARDING PLACE
From the airport / port of Olbia you can reach Portisco by car, taxi or train (from Olbia). The train ride takes about 20 minutes.
Cancellations and Refund
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can
pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the
balance within 30 days before departure. For this type
of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
If your vacation is not confirmed, you may pay:
- 30% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance when the vacation is confirmed or, 30 days before departure if it is not confirmed before.
If the vacation is confirmed, you can pay:
- 60% as a deposit at the time of booking
- The balance 30 days before departure.
- Unconfirmed vacation: you can cancel when you want: you will receive a full refund of the amount paid, net of any additional services.
- Confirmed vacation: if you cancel your reservation 30 or more days before departure, a penalty of 60% will apply. a 60% penalty. If you cancel less than 30 days days before departure, a penalty of 100% applies.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
- Mandatory medical and baggage insurance
- WWF guide
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.