Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
7 reasons to choose Northern Sardinia for your next sailing holidays:
- Crystal clear sea and the wonderful landscapes.
- The ideal choice for a sailing holiday that can be combined with impressive shore excursions. ardinia is a great destination both at sea and on land.
- Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, such as Playa Rosa, Playa del Cavaliere or the beaches of Cala Coticcio.
- Delicious local cuisine. Malloreddus, Culurgiones, Panada, Porceddu, Zimino - just to name a few delicacies.
- Explore the rich culture of Sardinia: experience traditional festivals with Sardinian dances and other special regional traditions.
- Sailing trips in the Mediterranean are the best way to learn to sail. Learn basic manoeuvres and take the helm on a sailing course in Sardinia.
- Let the wind blow through your hair and allow yourself to decompress along the majestic Sardinian coasts.
The best places & specific destinations to visit during your sailing holidays in Northern Sardinia:
The most beautiful places to discover in Northern Sardinia
It's no secret that Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but a sailing holiday in Northern Sardinia offers some of the most picturesque landscapes in the whole country. Sardinia is surrounded by turquoise, crystal clear waters, and has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, such as the Costa Smeralda, and the stunning natural wonder of the Maddalena Archipelago.
Palau and the Maddalena Archipelago
Palau, in the heart of the archipelago of La Maddalena, is the ideal place to visit the islands of Santo Stefano, Caprera, La Maddalena and Spargi. In the archipelago it is possible to anchor in bays and organise excursions to secluded beaches. Its constant winds mean that this area is perfect for sailing. It is also recommend to go diving at Cala Coticcio in Caprera. There you can continue to Cala Corsara at Spargi, with the famous beaches of Rosa di Budelli and Manto della Madonna.
The Emerald Coast
The Costa Smeralda extends between the Gulf of Arzachena and Cugnana and owes its name to the particular colour of the sea, which contrast against the granite rocks that characterises this exceptional landscape. It is no coincidence that the Costa Smeralda has a particular density of sailing schools, as with the Mistral winds, sailing conditions are ideal. It is also important to remember Porto Cervo, there thanks to its charming beaches, boutiques, and clubs, Porto Cervo has become a renowned location. It is also important to consider that this coastal area is also known for its important archaeological settlements.
Tips to help you to better plan for your next sailing holidays in Northern Sardinia:
All you need to know about your next cruise in Northern Sardinia aboard a sailboat.
- The best time to sail in Sardinia is May, June and September. In these months the temperatures are warm, but you will have the most beautiful beaches to yourself.
- In Sardinia, you can find sailing weekends of three days for €300 per person. From €600 per person you can stay onboard for a week long adventure. As one of the most popular sailing destinations in Europe, however, it is important to note that the prices vary greatly depending on the month and type of boat.
- The departures in the north of Sardinia are directly connected to Oliba airport by buses.
- Mediterranean vegetation and an unspoilt sea make Sardinia the perfect destination for an unforgettable sailing holiday, with the right mix of relaxation, nature, sports, and culinary delights.
The best sailing itineraries for your next holiday with a skipper in Northern Sardinia:
La Maddalena - Palau - Olbia:
if your time in Sardinia is limited to a weekend, we recommend such a route to discover the best beaches on the island.
Caprera Island - Bonifacio - Budelli Island, Razzoli and Santa Marina - Spargi Island - La Maddalena - Portisco:
such a one-week route through the most beautiful places in Northern Sardinia is a more well-rounded itinerary for longer sailing holidays.
Sailing holidays in Northern Sardinia - why you should travel with a local skipper
If you want to fully enjoy your sailing holiday in Northern Sardinia in the best conditions, we recommend that you go choose a trip with a local skipper. Travelling with a skipper who has insider knowledge on the area, allows travellers to fully immerse in the pleasure and relaxation of the holiday. Where individuals on the trip wish to learn or practice their sailing skills, skippers will be there to integrate travellers into the responsibilities onboard.