The Balearic Islands
Travellers of all ages are welcome!
This experience is almost confirmed
5 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
We will meet at the port of Ibiza where a boat born and equipped for offshore sailing will be waiting for us. Boarding is scheduled for Friday from 7 pm to 11 pm, where after a short meeting, the route to follow and the departure time will be decided together with the crew and based on the marine weather conditions, (we could also set sail at night).
The topics covered during the course in addition to the management of the route in relation to marine weather conditions as mentioned above will be:
- in-depth analysis of the weather forecast,
- choice of sails based on the intensity of the wind,
- bow sails management (code 0, gennaker and asymmetric spinnaker)
- crew management (guard and rest shifts),
- navigation in bad weather with possible use of staysail, storm jib or floating anchor,
- emergency management through practical simulations,
- review of safety regulations to prevent collisions and accidents at sea.
The boat and the Pogo yard need no introduction, the "performance cruising" for
excellence, planing hull, buoyancy reserves, carbon mast and the most modern
instruments are some of the features of this marvel.
The boat is equipped with numerous sails, 2 gennakers, code 0, staysail and storm jib.
Instrumentation NKE, on-board computer equipped with Adrena to assist us in navigation plus the
boat is equipped with a solar panel and increased alternator to ensure independence
energy for on-board instrumentation without having to sacrifice comforts such as the
fridge always on.
Our trip starts here
Saturday 28 May from 15:00 until Saturday 28 May at 23:00
Our trip ends here
Friday 3 June from 17:00 until Friday 3 June at 21:00
Reviews of Nicola
Other important information
The port of Ibiza is easily accessible from Ibiza airport
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 50-150€ per person.