Travellers of all ages are welcome!
6 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
12 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
A guided nature itinerary in the only “safari” destination that allows easy access to African rainforests, from Afro-montane ecosystems to alluvial savannahs where Lions rest in the trees . The encounter with the great primates (mountain gorilla and chimpanzee) represents an experience that is difficult to match.
We will visit some of the most “biodiverse” places in the world, in particular as regards birds and primates. For the passionate birdwatchers, Ugandan "pearls" are the endemisms of the Albertine rift, 29 exclusive species of this area, the specialists of the papyrus swamps, the 54 different birds of prey of the Queen Elizabeth NP, the shoebill and the numerous species of its own of West Africa present on the border with Congo. The checklist is nothing short of impressive, with 1008 species of which 150 are present , as far as East Africa is concerned, only in Uganda.
In addition to primates, mountain gorillas and chimpanzees above all, but also red colobus and guereza, cercopithecus and cercocebi, it is possible to observe lions, leopards, elephants, Ugandan Kob and a good part of the sample of mammals present in the eastern savannahs. Oddly easy to spot the hilokero, or giant forest boar. Hippos and crocodiles are widely distributed, as are many antelopes. Among the many peculiarities we point out the Rothschild's Giraffe (Murchison falls NP), the Sitatunga and relict populations of forest elephants.
WHAT YOU CAN'T MISS OUT?
- The Mountain Gorillas: on the trail of Fossey
- The Virunga region and the slopes of the Monti della Luna
- The impenetrable forest of Bwindi, a treasure trove of biodiversity
- The Kibale Rainforest and the Chimpanzees, our closest relatives
- Semliki: The forest of the Congo basin (optional); the return of the white rhino to Ziwa
- The floodplains of Queen Elizabeth NP, the Ugandan Kobs and the lions in the trees
- Thousand-year-old cultures in danger: the Ba'mbuti pygmies and the BaTwa
- The Nile Falls, the fauna of the savannahs: lions, forest elephants, buffaloes, giraffes etc.
- Birdwatchers' paradise: the most “biodiverse” destination in the old world
Arrival, accommodation in the Hotel in Entebbe, on the L. Victoria.
Canoe excursion on Lake Victoria and first encounter with the very rare Becco a Scarpa. Transfer to Lake Mburo NP; short game drive and accommodation in a tented camp or hotel .
Game drive in the Park at dawn . Moving to lake Bunyonyi. Night in lakeside cottages, at 1982m.
Ethnographic excursions to the villages around the lake , which we will reach by canoe, with the possibility of meeting groups of Ba Twa pygmies. After lunch, transfer to Bwindi. Accommodation in the lodge.
Gorilla tracking in Bwindi, in the "Impenetrable Forest" : afro - alpine vegetation and the encounter with mountain gorillas. Night in Bwindi.
Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park , Ishasha sector, lions in the trees and Ugandan Kobs. Game drive in the afternoon - evening. Overnight at the lodge
Early morning game drive. Boat safari in the Kazinga channel. The Nile crocodile, hippos, the African fish eagle and the extraordinary biodiversity of aquatic ecosystems. Overnight at the lodge
Possible second experience with the Chimpanzees in the Kalinzu forest , then transfer to the area of the volcanic craters. Naturalistic observations at Lake Nkuruba. Accommodation in the lodge
Trekking in the rainforest of Kibale in search of the Chimpanzees. Walk in the wetland of Bigodi. Accommodation in the lodge.
Excursion to Lake Nkuruba for bird and primate observation, Rweetera Lake walking excursion and exploration of the crater area. Overnight at Nyinabulitwa Lake
Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park , along the striking Bugungu escarpment, one of the most spectacular views on the continent. Overnight at the lodge.
Excursion to the area of the park north of the Nile, the richest area in fauna; observation of Rothschild's Giraffe, Alcelaf of Jackson, lions, elephants and numerous antelopes. In the afternoon boat safari along the river to Murchison Falls. Overnight at the lodge
Walking safari for the observation of the White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum) in the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, where a program aimed at the reintroduction of this magnificent animal, extinct in the country in the twentieth century due to poaching, is underway. The reserve, of about 70 square kilometers, is home to a small population of rhinos (as well as antelopes, monkeys and many species of birds) which are reproducing in natural conditions, giving good hope for the future. Continue to Entebbe for the return flight to Italy.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation in hotel / lodge and full board treatment
- All ground transfers with local driver / guide
- Accompaniment by the biologist for the duration of the safari
- Local driver / guide and accompaniment by the biologist from Italy for the duration of the trip
- Entrance fees to parks and reserves
- Government permits for Gorilla tracking and Chimpanzee tracking
- Medical insurance - baggage
- International flight and airport taxes
- Eventual dinner in Entebbe on the last day
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Inclusive Services"
Our trip starts here
Monday 14 February from 10:00 until Monday 14 February at 12:00
Our trip ends here
Saturday 26 February from 16:00 until Saturday 26 February at 18:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
TRAVEL DIFFICULTY LEVEL : Journey without particular difficulties, open to all. provided they are in good physical condition. For the observation of mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in the wild, easy / medium difficulty treks are planned.
DOCUMENTS : Passport with residual validity of 6 months from the end of the trip.
VACCINATIONS: Vaccination against yellow fever is an entry requirement within the country for all travelers over 9 months of age. This vaccination must be carried out at least 10 days before entering the country and has a permanent duration.
CLOTHING: Comfortable and light clothing, possibly not bright colors (some animals have trichromatic vision, like us). Long pants are better. T-shirts or shirts. Abundant with socks and underwear At least one sweatshirt or fleece, preferably two. Winter windbreaker (worn on departure, together with winter clothing). Raincoat or k-way, Hat, Sunglasses, A neckerchief, Trekking shoes (better not new)
GREEN PASS and COVID19 : Due to the current health emergency and the consequent provisions issued by the local authorities, the itinerary may undergo some changes before and / or during the trip. . We advise the kind travelers to bring their own mask. To stay in the structures, to enter some places and to carry out some activities as scheduled, it will be necessary to provide the Green Pass .
CANCELLATION INSURANCE TOPIC : Following the balance, it will be possible to contact the WWF Travel organizer directly and take out cancellation insurance (not mandatory). NB: The coverage of the cancellation policy refers exclusively to the amount of the participation fee.
Payment and cancellations
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the balance within 30 days before departure. For this type of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- Until your experience is confirmed, you can cancel your
reservation at any time and receive a full refund of all fees
. Covid19 Policy Update
Are you forced to cancel a confirmed experience when there are more than 30 days to go? Are you unable to travel or reach your departure location due to regulations issued by the relevant authorities? Contact Customer Support and you will receive a full refund of the fees paid.
For all WWF-guided nature observation trips, special cancellation policies apply, which may vary depending on the specific destination.To find out more about the destination you are interested in, contact Sailsquare Customer Care, who will provide you with details for your chosen departure.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Museum/park/places of worship admissions
- Drinks as stated in the programme
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Full board
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
- Accommodation as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
- Local transport as stated in the programme
- Meals as stated in the programme
- Local Guide
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Flights and transfers from/to the destination
- Meals not listed in the programme
- Personal extras
- Visa fares
- Assicurazione annullamento viaggio
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.