This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
Azores emerge like pearls in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Far from mass-tourism, these islands are considered European Caribbeans, not to mention an incredible nature paradise. The wind is stable and the sea is friendly, allowing us to sail in perfect conditions. Also, it won't take more than a day of navigation to move from one island to another; in few words, the ideal place to sail. No specific preparation is required to join this tour, except the cooperation to life on board: navigation, mooring, doing the shopping and cooking. Each participant can also steer the boat and adjust sails.
After the sailing week you can decide to extend the holiday with 2 days of trekking on Pico Mount (one- hour trip by ferry from Horta) or on the lush and green craters of São Miguel Island (one-hour flight from Horta).
Our trip starts here
Saturday 8 July from 18:00 until Saturday 8 July at 23:00
Our trip ends here
Saturday 15 July from 9:00 until Saturday 15 July at 10:00
Reviews of Alex
Other important information
We will embark at Horta, in Fajal Island. From there we will sail towards Pico and São Jorge Islands, then move to the east reaching Angra Do Heroismo, in Terceira Island. 5/7 hours navigations a day are foreseen for 155 miles in total, sleeping mainly in ports.
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
- Visa fares
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.