Travellers of all ages are welcome!
6 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
12 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
Guided naturalistic itinerary, in the oldest primary forest in Europe, kingdom of the European bison. Its surface has remained forest since the last glaciation 12,000 years ago. Unesco heritage, it is certainly the first forest ecosystem on our continent. We will also visit the bog of the Bierbza River, where moose, sea eagles, beavers and otters live and where thousands of birds arrive during the start of the migration to the Nordic breeding grounds.
WHAT YOU CAN'T MISS OUT?
- European bison - the last primeval forest in Europe: the last strip of primary forest still existing in Europe, its surface has been a wood since the end of the last ice age 12,000 years ago. Unesco World Heritage Site, it is certainly the most important forest ecosystem on our continent. Hot-spot of fauna and flora biodiversity, it can boast the presence of very rare species of international importance, such as the European bison, the elk, the deer, the lynx, the wolf, the european beaver, the raccoon dog and beyond 154 species of birds.
- Biebrza NP: the largest expanse of low bog in Europe - preserved in its natural state in the valley of the Biebrza river, it represents a treasure trove of uncontaminated biodiversity. The Biebrza marshes are known worldwide as the habitat of numerous marsh birds and birds of prey (about 235 species of which 157 nesting), moreover thousands of migratory birds gather here. The Biebrza valley is also the main refuge for the elk, but it is also possible to observe wolves, beavers and otters. One of the best marsh stages in Europe.
- Wolves and lynxes - in search of large predators
- Marshes of Biebrza - the largest bog in Europe
- Avifauna - the great migrations in a birdwatching paradise
- Elk, otter and beaver - the silent inhabitants of the river, the giant tortoises, different on each island
Arrival at Warsaw airport. Transfer to Bialowieza village, on the border with Bialowieza NP
Full day dedicated to the exploration of Bialowieza, to observe the great protagonist "the European Bison". During the exploration it will also be possible to spot deer, roe deer and wild boar. Furthermore, together with specialized guides we will try to find and follow the tracks of wolves, lynxes, foxes and other predators. To maximize the chances of wildlife spotting, sunrise and sunset excursions will be conducted. Once night falls, there are also short spotlighting trips to observe the crepuscular predators in activity.
Full day dedicated to the exploration of Bialowieza, to observe the great protagonist "the European Bison".
Full day hiking in the oldest part of the Bialowieza Forest “Strictly Protected Area”. Exploring the Man and Biosphere Reserve , a Unesco World Heritage Site.
Faunistic observations at dawn , in the red zone of the Biebrza National Park. Hunting area of the big predators the wolf and the lynx.
Full day dedicated to the observation of the great protagonists of the Biebrza National Park: moose, beavers and otters. Possible boat trip on the Biebrza river, if navigable, to observe the beavers.
Birdwatching at dawn , the great migrations; in the afternoon excursion to the wildest part of the Biebrza National Park.
Return to Warsaw and flight to Italy.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation in a double room with full board treatment
- Accompaniment of the Italian biologist for the entire duration of the trip
- All transport by land, with an exclusive vehicle and driver at your disposal
- Entrance fees to parks and reserves
- Medical insurance - baggage
- Airplane flight
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Inclusive Services"
12 spots available
per personmore info
Our trip starts here
Sunday 6 March from 12:00 until Sunday 6 March at 16:00
Our trip ends here
Sunday 13 March from 8:00 until Sunday 13 March at 10:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
Difficulty level of the journey : Journey without particular difficulties, open to all.
Documents : Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
GREEN PASS and COVID19 : Due to the current health emergency and the consequent provisions issued by the local authorities, the itinerary may undergo some changes before and / or during the trip. . We advise the kind travelers to bring their own mask. To stay in the structures, to enter some places and to carry out some activities as scheduled, it will be necessary to provide the Green Pass .
CANCELLATION INSURANCE TOPIC : Following the balance, it will be possible to contact the WWF Travel organizer directly and take out cancellation insurance (not mandatory). NB: The coverage of the cancellation policy refers exclusively to the amount of the participation fee.
Payment and cancellations
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the balance within 30 days before departure. For this type of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- Until your experience is confirmed, you can cancel your
reservation at any time and receive a full refund of all fees
. Covid19 Policy Update
Are you forced to cancel a confirmed experience when there are more than 30 days to go? Are you unable to travel or reach your departure location due to regulations issued by the relevant authorities? Contact Customer Support and you will receive a full refund of the fees paid.
For all WWF-guided nature observation trips, special cancellation policies apply, which may vary depending on the specific destination.To find out more about the destination you are interested in, contact Sailsquare Customer Care, who will provide you with details for your chosen departure.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- On-site assistance
- Individual and/or group local transport
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Full board
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
- Accommodation as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Flights and transfers from/to the destination
- Meals not listed in the programme
- Personal extras
- Tourist Tax
- Visa fares
- Assicurazione annullamento viaggio
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 200-300€ per person.