This is a holiday dedicated to
- Sailing School
Brief description of the holiday
Discover the southern Caribbean in complete freedom!
- Martinique (Le Marin) - Saint Lucia - Saint Vincent - Bequia - Mosquito - The Tobago Cays - Cariacou - Sandy Island… - Return Martinique
Do you dream of sailing in one of the most beautiful archipelagos in the world while enjoying the pleasure of sailing? This destination is made for you. The Grenadines archipelago in the south of Martinique is still one of the most authentic places on earth. Far from great mass tourism, it is a delight for the eyes and perfect for learning to navigate.
Discover, learn or improve gently and happily in the most beautiful turquoise waters, bathe in the middle of turtles and leopard rays, walk along or approach the white sand beaches by swimming or paddle, visit the deserted coves bordered by coconut trees or just relax with or without rum?
Departing from Martinique , the trade winds will take you to the volcanic islands of St Lucia and St Vincent, Bequia , a navigator's island and formerly whale hunters, the white sand and the turtle reserve of the Tobago Cays , the crystal clear waters Morpion and Petit St Vincent, the wild Union Island, Cariacou, Moustique, Sandy Island and other pearls among this multitude of small islands and cays.
The many stops will be an opportunity for snorkeling with dives in the middle of fish and turtles, taming the paddles available on board, visiting the picturesque villages and their markets with exotic fruits or jewelry or woven baskets in palm leaves.
We also offer some complementary discovery activities according to the desires of each one and which make the happiness of our team members at each course: Visit of the still active Volcano of the island of St Lucia with the possibility of lunch in Tony's tropical garden. A Rasta farmer who will be happy to share his table and show you around his small farm in the mountains. Cool off under the Cascades on the heights of Verdoyante St Vincent then have fun with a steelband concert with Aperitif or dine in Cumberland The tastiest Lobster BBQ in the Tobago Cays, Romeo's one hidden on a small white sand beach… There is no it's not just lobsters! While you will be at anchor, the locals will come and offer you to buy freshly caught fish or fruit. A real treat.
COVID INFO : In the event of the impossibility related to Covid 19 to sail to the Grenadines Islands, a replacement route to the islands of Sainte, Marie Galande and Martinique will be proposed and adapted to the current situation.
Check out the crew!
It is a racing sailboat initially designed in 2002 to participate in one of the most prestigious offshore and solo races: "La Route du Rhum". It was named in memory of the numerous friends, trainees and crew members who made its history by contributing to the adventure of the Route du Rhum of 2002 and later by sharing our courses cruises. It is an Open 55, a 16.5-meter all-aluminum monohull with 3 cabins, a large saloon and a remarkably spacious cockpit, which offers beautiful sensations of speed and lightness in a warm comfort. He is especially prepared to make transatlantic crossings safely, in record time. Enjoy his performances and share his temperament by building memorable memorabilia.
Our trip starts here
Le Marin, Martinique
Sunday 21 March from 15:00 until Sunday 21 March at 20:00
Our trip ends here
Le Marin, Martinique, Martinica
Sunday 28 March from 10:00 until Sunday 28 March at 12:00
Reviews of Hervé
Other important information
- Reception on the start day indicated in the calendar. We meet on the sailboat located at the port of Marin in Martinique.
- Provisioning followed by a safety briefing
- Head for the southern Caribbean, sailing from island to island via Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Bequia, Moustique, The Tobago Cays, Cariacou, Sandy Island ...
- Return to Martinique for disembarkation on the end day indicated on the calendar
- Storage and cleaning before disembarkation
The course includes the driving of the sailboat, the paces, the setting of the sails, the choice of the sails, the spinnaker maneuvers, the anchoring and the mooring, the harbor maneuvers, the navigation at night if the weather is favorable, the use of electronic devices, radar, sextant, analysis of weather maps, etc ...
Navigations will alternate between fairground anchorages and stopovers in ports and adapted to weather conditions.
This destination is ideal for sailing given, among other things, the trade winds.
- A valid passport is mandatory!
- Allow 200 € per week for the on-board cash register (to be paid on arrival for refueling, it therefore covers full board on board, customs fees, fuel and other mooring costs)
- Fort de France Airport
To reach us at the port of Marin, a taxi will cost you around 70 € uros. We can on request create a whatsapp group of registrants if you want to try to group your flights to share the taxi.
- The Grenadines local currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar, we will make change or withdrawal CB from the first stopover.
- The Time difference is -5h with Europe.
- Weather side, the proposed period is ideal, far from periods of rains and possible cyclones. The temperature varies between 20 ° C and 30 ° C and often 28 for swimming.
Remember to bring light clothes, some a little warmer and which cut the wind in the event of trade winds!
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly online via credit card, or via wire transfer by contacting our Customer Support.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days and the share is higher than 500 Euros, you can pay a deposit of 30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. Contact our Customer Support to benefit from this payment scheme.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.