No holiday found.
Currently there are no listed holidays matching your search.
How about widening your search?
Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Yacht sailing holidays & skippered tours in Grenadines & Martinique98 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
7 reasons to choose Martinique and the Grenadines to go catamaran sailing:
- Swim and dive with fish by the thousands in Tobago Cays
- Explore the unspoilt island of Mayreau, a true jewel case
- Lounging on the picture postcard beach of Palm Island
- Grill fresh lobsters at a barbecue on the beach of Baie des Anglais
- Effectuer une belle randonnée à la montagne Pelée
- Sailing in the splendid islets of Baie Robert
- Enjoy the best marinas in the Caribbean and perfect sailing conditions
The best places to visit on your next catamaran cruise in the Grenadines and Martinique:
Martinique is a lush and majestic island located between Dominica and the Grenadines. As well as being an unrivalled playground for a catamaran cruise, the famous port of Le Marin is an excellent starting point for exploring the neighbouring islands. Between each sail, be sure to wonder at the calm and beauty of the anchorages with your crew and a delicious ti-punch!
Together with the Grenadines, they form an ideal destination for a first catamaran cruise. The sailing conditions are excellent, the beaches heavenly and the atmosphere super relaxing. Enthusiasts, adventurous groups of friends and families will all find something to enjoy. There are plenty of activities to choose from: snorkelling, hiking, kitesurfing etc. Let yourself be intoxicated by the tropical sun and the warm welcome of the locals.
Take two minutes of your time and imagine yourself for a moment on board a magnificent catamaran sailing from island to island in search of the most beautiful beach in the Grenadines and Martinique. Comfortably installed on the trampoline, you are now sipping a delicious ti-punch anchored in a deserted cove with turquoise waters. If you get too hot, put down your book and dive in to cool off while swimming among the multicoloured fish. Pretty cool, isn't it? More than a sailing cruise, it is also a culinary journey which will allow you to taste many typical dishes of the Creole cuisine: fresh fish, exotic vegetables, sweet potatoes, manioc and gombo but also sauces spiced with coriander. A catamaran cruise in the West Indies is now a dream accessible to all. Swept by the trade winds, the Grenadine Islands also have ideal conditions for learning to sail. Don't wait any longer to make it happen and get on board a skippered sailing boat!
Martinique, a superb starting point for catamaran sailing
Coconut trees, turquoise water, steady wind, a catamaran cruise in Martinique has everything to please. It is in complete freedom that you can set off to discover alush island and a multitude of islets, each as beautiful as the next. Baie Robert, Baie des Anglais, ilet Chevalier, Anse Couleuvre... you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to settling in comfortably at anchor, sunbathing, reading a good book and enjoying a drink at sunset. Martinique will offer you wonderful sailing but also beautiful hikes and unforgettable snorkelling.
Many islands to explore on a catamaran during your Grenadine Islands cruise
St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) is an archipelago of paradise islands, nine of which are inhabited. Between Saint Vincent, Saint Lucia, Mosquito, Bequia, Palm Islands, Tobago Cays, Mayreau, Jamesby Island, etc... You won't have time to be bored! The Grenadines archipelago is the ideal destination that combines warmth, turquoise sea and nature. Each of the islands has its own style but they all have in common the temperature of the water and its colour, the palm trees and coconut palms, the delicious local rum or the warm welcome of the inhabitants! Saint Vincent, the main island, is mostly made up of tropical forest, while the small and idyllic Bequia holds the starring role in this peaceful archipelago.
Catamaran rental with skipper
If you want to be completely free in the organization of your cruise in Martinique and the Grenadines, prefer the rental of a catamaran with skipper. You will not share the yacht with other crew members and can adjust the programme and destinations according to your own desires. The budget is higher but this is the price of freedom. Chartering a skippered catamaran in the Caribbean is most certainly the ideal solution for families or groups of friends looking for some privacy. Snorkelling, good food and peaceful sailing are on the agenda!
Everything you need to know about your next catamaran cruise in Martinique and the Grenadines:
- The best time for a catamaran cruise in Martinique and the Grenadine Islands is from November to May. We advise you to organise your cruise during the dry season, between November and May. The air and water temperatures are ideal and the risk of rain is very low. At this time, you are sure to have all the elements for a unique catamaran cruise. This is also the time when the trade winds become established: a north-easterly wind that blows between 15 and 25 knots (almost) every day. This tends to strengthen between December and February, which can make the sea a little rougher, but the sailing conditions are always very pleasant. Another important element to take into account: Tourists! As you can imagine, the Christmas and New Year period is very busy and everything becomes more expensive. However, you will be able to get away from the crowds and anchor in deserted coves thanks to your skipper's good advice.
- Budget-wise you will need to count between 1300 and 1800€ all inclusive for a catamaran cruise in Martinique and the Grenadine Islands. If you plan well in advance and outside the school holidays, you will regularly find cruises with a catamaran skipper from 800€. Many companies offer direct flights to Fort de France at very attractive prices (from €300). If your budget allows it and comfort is your priority, there are large, modern and spacious catamarans that will sublimate your stay in Martinique and the Grenadines.
- Direct and low-cost airlines between mainland France and Martinique and the Grenadines have developed strongly in recent years. Several alternatives are available to you. The cheapest is to leave from the port of Le Marin in Martinique. You can then book a return flight to Fort de France. Several companies offer flights from €350 return throughout the year. From Le Marin, you will sail to the Grenadines archipelago and enjoy a wonderful sailing trip under the starry Caribbean sky. A unique experience to be enjoyed at least once in a lifetime. For those who prefer to arrive directly to the Grenadines, it is possible to reach the archipelago via Kingstown airport with a stopover usually in Fort de France or Saint Martin.
- If you are travelling alone or as a couple, we advise you to book your place on board or a cabin if you are a couple. The price will be very advantageous by sharing the boat with other crew members who have the same desires as you: to live a unique adventure in the Caribbean on a sailboat or catamaran. If you are a group already constituted (friends, family), we recommend that you book the whole boat with its skipper. This will allow you to decide on the programme in complete freedom with the skipper. Count between 4000€ and 7000€ for the rental of a catamaran with skipper in Martinique for 1 week.