This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
MINIMUM BOOKING: 2 FEES . THE CABIN CAN ONLY BE OCCUPIED BY TWO FRIENDS, TWO KNIGHTS, OR A COUPLE. CONTACT ME BEFORE BOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE TRAVELING ALONE , WRITE ME TO KNOW THE RATE OF THE DOUBLE CABIN FOR EXCLUSIVE USE .
Samos is an island of a thousand colors where you can smell the scent of wild orchids in the air and at the table you can taste some of the best Greek wines. It is a place considered mythical, it is said that Zeus's wife Hera was born here. Furthermore, the earth is home to the mathematician Pythagoras, the philosopher Epicurus and the astronomer Aristarchus. It was a source of inspiration for Aesop because every village of Samos is full of stories and legends. In Samos, we will not be able to miss the opportunity to see the Eupalinus Tunnel, a work of arduous engineering unique in the world. The architect hired by the tyrant Polycrates created it 2600 years ago to be able to bring water to the ancient city of Samos.
From Phytagorion on Monday morning our journey will start sailing close to the southern coasts of the island until we reach Samiopoula, a rock that encloses a bay with a phosphorescent blue sea in front of a very white beach.
Tuesday morning route to Fourni, a small archipelago whose major islands are Fournoi Korseon, Agios Minas and Thymaina, the only ones inhabited on a total of about 10 islets whose surface reaches only a few tens of square kilometers. They are almost unknown places, where nature reigns supreme, among spectacular coasts overlooking the sea, low Mediterranean vegetation and small bays. 16 miles downwind towards South-South-East and we will land in Patmos for a walk along the old mule track that leads to the beautiful Chora and a compulsory visit to the monastery of San Giovanni. Here on the island the evangelist wrote the Apocalypse and it is for this reason that today Patmos is one of the most important religious centers in all of Greece. A little more than 10 miles from Skala in a south-easterly direction we will set sail in one of the most spectacular bays of the northern Dodecanese: the “Caribbean” bay of Archangelo north of Leros. A few miles further south we will find shelter in the Lakki fjord where in the evening we will be guests in the delicious “Petrino” tavern which offers exquisite mixed roasts.
Pushed by the Meltemi on Friday morning after a stop in the narrow bay of Ormos Plalionissou we will turn to the mooring lines in the port of Kalimnos, the island of sponges.
On Saturday morning, 5 nautical miles to the east, we will anchor on the southeastern side of the islet of Plati, a paradise of golden rocks and celestial waters where you can take a refreshing swim. In the afternoon, before sunset, we will reach Kos with its minarets and the imposing fortress reminiscent of the Turkish killing, in the evening dinner in one of the most delicious Greek taverns managed by his friend Elias.
Do you want to extend your vacation by a week? Here is the next step: From Kos to Rhodes
Check out the crew!
Settima Dea - 2° Barca Luca Deangelis Id 76786
Sailboat registered for professional tourist transport by the Greek authorities and has passed all the stability and safety tests required by the ministry of navigation. The 43 Classic of the Dufour shipyard is a 13.10 meters boat, produced by one of the best French boat builders, ideal for sailboat cruises with skipper, in Greece, comfortable and solidly built, it is the right solution to spend a holiday on a pleasant and relaxing sailing boat among the islands of the Aegean Sea. You can choose to participate in two (cabin charter) or in a group up to a maximum of eight people. The boat has 4 double cabins, comfortable and welcoming, two in the bow, one with bunk beds and two in the aft part. They are all spacious and bright, which allows you to experience an exciting holiday full of adventure without sacrificing comfort. The cabins are equipped with spacious wardrobes and storage shelves, there are also power sockets for charging low-consumption devices (cell phones, cameras, video cameras, etc.). The interiors are built in mahogany and the living area consists of a spacious and comfortable dinette with a large table on the right that can comfortably accommodate eight people. The kitchen in line on the left, with a large worktop, allows the preparation of dishes in comfort. Designed by the Mortain & Mavrikios Yacht Design studio, it has a clean and balanced hull with slender water lines that make it a very performing hull even in light winds. The linear, clean and spacious deck allows you to lie down comfortably to sunbathe, the cockpit has a table to eat outside, sheltered from the sun thanks to a large awning under which you can always enjoy the breeze blown by the Meltemi. Settima Dea also has two large bathrooms, shower and hot water. In addition, outside on the stern platform there is an external shower to be able to rinse off the salt when leaving the sea. A sup, available to the crew, will allow us to make excursions to the bays we will visit. The hi-fi stereo system, with a dedicated hd and internal and external speakers, allows the playback of music from mp3 players and mobile phones.
Our trip starts here
Sunday 16 October from 18:00 until Sunday 16 October at 24:00
Our trip ends here
Sunday 23 October from 7:00 until Sunday 23 October at 10:00
Reviews of Luca
Other important information
- Covid rules: you get on board with a green pass and according to the rules in force in Greece at the time of boarding, I am always at your disposal for clarification on the matter.
- How to get there: the islands where I embark and disembark are easily accessible by flights and ferries. I am available for information on this
- Advice on what to bring: it is a sailing holiday, therefore an easily stowable soft luggage, costumes, t-shirt, jeans, a waterproof bomber jacket, a sweatshirt or sweater for cooler evenings
- EXTRA expenses: all meals and drinks consumed on land and on the boat are not included in the rates, these costs are usually around € 150/200 per week and will be managed with a common fund. Trips to and from the embarkation and disembarkation ports are not included. While for the costs of the ports, fuel, water supplies for the boat, a flat rate of € 35 pp / week will be paid at the time of embarkation.
- Galley organization (where and when to do it, what do you recommend ...): the galley will take place on the evening of boarding, when possible, and will be shared with all cruise participants.
- Roles on board: all members of the crew can participate in the management of the boat, help during mooring and when setting sail is always welcome. As for the meals on board, we will share the tasks, considering that I will be happy to cook some dishes of my land for you.
- Special requests: pets are not allowed on board. For boarding of children it is advisable to ask in advance, also for the type of navigation that will be faced during the cruise.
Cancellations and Refund
This experience undergoes Sailsquare's standard Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- As long as the Experience is Not Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a refund of the amount paid.
- If the Experience is Confirmed, you can cancel your reservation up to 30 days before departure and receive a full refund.
- If available for the selected Experience, you can choose our Extended Refund Terms and cancel your booking at any time up to the departure, and receive a refund of the paid amount, upon the occurrence of certain conditions (illness, including Covid-19, work-related reason, domestic emergency, previous medical conditions and many more).
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
- I costi dei porti, carburante e biancheria da letto, sono quantificati forfettariamente in 35 euro persona/settimana, che si verseranno al momento dell' imbarco
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 150-200€ per person.