Travellers of all ages are welcome!
6 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
1 person is interested
12 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
Guided naturalistic and cultural itinerary, to discover the animals and environments of the central Apennines, in the company of a biologist expert in vertebrate fauna.
WHAT YOU CAN'T MISS OUT?
- The Majella, the Mother Mountain - the wildest and most rugged wilderness of the central Apennines.
- The National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise - for a century the bulwark of the great Italian carnivores
- The Abruzzo chamois - Apennine endemism and magnificent survivor
- The Orfento Valley, a corner of paradise - the otter project and the magnificent blooms.
- Night excursions guided by the Ba-aka pygmies, approaching the only lowland gorillas "contacted" by man.
- The golden eagle, the wallcreeper, the rock partridge and the coral chough - magnificent winged biodiversity.
- The Marsican Bear - the “good” bear that tries to survive.
- The Gorges of Sagittario - a forgotten treasure between crystal clear waters and limestone cliffs.
Arrival in Caramanico by own means, accommodation in a farmhouse. Dinner and introductory briefing.
Breakfast at dawn. Excursion to the Orfento Valley, with packed lunch. Return in the afternoon. Early dinner and twilight outing for animal observation, followed by spotlighting and animal research activities with the aid of a thermal imaging camera. Overnight in a farmhouse
Transfer to the Lama Bianca reserve, and excursion in search of chamois and high mountain fauna . Packed lunch, return in the afternoon. Optional stalking / spotlighting in the evening. Dinner and overnight stay in a farmhouse.
Transfer to Anversa degli Abruzzi and naturalistic excursion in the natural reserve of the Sagittario Gorges; packed lunch. In the late afternoon, transfer to Pescasseroli. Dinner and accommodation. Following briefing on the second part of the program. Possible stakeout for observation of animals in the evening.
Breakfast at dawn and stakeout for the observation of the Marsican Bear . Following a short introductory excursion to the Abruzzo National Park in the centuries-old wood of the Pescasseroli Defense, ideal habitat for the White-backed Woodpecker and Rosalia Alpina. Packed lunch to be paid by the participants. Return to the hotel in the early afternoon. Late afternoon, new stakeout at the Marsican brown bear. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast and bear-watching stalking at dawn . This will be followed by a short excursion to Val Fondillo, the locality where the Paco was born in 1922. Visit to the stream of the same name and the possibility of remote observation of Cervo and Apennine Chamois. Packed lunch to be paid by the participants. Short rest in the hotel. Followed by an excursion to Cicerana, the ideal habitat of the Marsican brown bear. Bear stalking in the late afternoon. Dinner at the refuge and after dinner evening return excursion. Return to the hotel around 10.30 pm
Breakfast at dawn and bear stalking . Transfer to Petrella Liri to observe the griffons on the nesting wall. Free lunch. Greetings and departure.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Full board accommodation and meals (packed lunch during excursions), excluding days 5-6-7
- Information material on the protected areas visited and on the fauna of the central Apennines.
- Excursions guided by a biologist / naturalist
- Use of instrumentation for animal observation (Swarowsky long optics, thermal imaging camera, spotlighting lights).
- All permits and entrances to parks and visitor centers
- Sanitation costs possibly imposed by law
- Medical insurance - baggage
- Transport with own means
- Packed lunch on days 5-6 and free lunch on day 7
- Extra drinks
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Inclusive Services"
Our trip starts here
Caramanico Terme, PE, Italia
Friday 27 May from 16:00 until Friday 27 May at 18:00
Our trip ends here
Petrella Liri, AQ, Italia
Thursday 2 June from 14:00 until Thursday 2 June at 16:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
TRAVEL DIFFICULTY LEVEL : Journey without particular difficulties, open to all as long as they are in good physical condition.
DOCUMENTS : Identity card or passport
CLOTHING: Basic clothing and equipment: a detailed list of both clothing and field material and photographic and optical equipment for observation will be sent to the participants in time.
GREEN PASS and COVID19 : Due to the current health emergency and the consequent provisions issued by the local authorities, the itinerary may undergo some changes before and / or during the trip. . We advise the kind travelers to bring their own mask. To stay in the structures, to enter some places and to carry out some activities as scheduled, it will be necessary to provide the Green Pass .
CANCELLATION INSURANCE TOPIC : Following the balance, it will be possible to contact the WWF Travel organizer directly and take out cancellation insurance (not mandatory). NB: The coverage of the cancellation policy refers exclusively to the amount of the participation fee.
Payment and cancellations
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the balance within 30 days before departure. For this type of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- Until your experience is confirmed, you can cancel your
reservation at any time and receive a full refund of all fees
. Covid19 Policy Update
Are you forced to cancel a confirmed experience when there are more than 30 days to go? Are you unable to travel or reach your departure location due to regulations issued by the relevant authorities? Contact Customer Support and you will receive a full refund of the fees paid.
For all WWF-guided nature observation trips, special cancellation policies apply, which may vary depending on the specific destination.To find out more about the destination you are interested in, contact Sailsquare Customer Care, who will provide you with details for your chosen departure.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Museum/park/places of worship admissions
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
- Accommodation as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
- Equipment as per programme
- Trips as described
- Meals as stated in the programme
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Drinks as stated in the programme
- Individual and/or group local transport
- Meals not listed in the programme
- Tourist Tax
- Pranzo al sacco giorni 5-6 e Pranzo libero del giorno 7
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately 200-300€ per person.