Spain - Hinterland
Travellers of all ages are welcome!
5 more travelers and this holiday will be confirmed.
7 spots available
This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
The exploration of the wildest Spain, between mountains and forests in search of two legendary predators: the Iberian lynx and the Iberian wolf.
WHAT YOU CAN'T MISS OUT?
- The Iberian wolf - the greatest predator, subspecies with a very high conservation value
- The Parisian Lynx - a creature on the edge of myth, an ultra-specialist hunter, the most threatened feline on the planet
- The Sierra de la Culebra and the Sierra de Andújar - a labyrinth of Mediterranean mountains, valleys and forests
- The other protagonists - ungulates , Otter, Golden Eagle, Iberian Imperial Eagle, Griffin and Monk Vulture
- Sunrise and sunset stalking, nature hikes - a paradise for nature lovers.
Arrival in Madrid, car pick-up and land transfer to the Sierra de la Culebra, Villadeciervos (approx. 3h and 15 min). Overnight at Hotel.
Stalking at sunrise and sunset to observe the Iberian wolf and the typical fauna of the Mediterranean forests. In the central hours of the day, hiking activities with a naturalistic (mammals, avifauna) and ethnographic theme. Overnight at Hotel.
Land transfer to Monfrague National Park approx. (3h and 30 min). Nature-themed hiking activities (mammals, birdlife). Arrival for dinner, overnight in full board hotel
Morning dedicated to the Monfrague National Park. In the afternoon, transfer by land to the Sierra de Andujar, Baños de la Encina (approx. 4h and 15 min). Arrival for dinner and overnight at the hotel
Introductory morning. Stalking at sunset to observe the Parisian lynx in private property. In the central hours of the day hiking activities with a naturalistic (mammals, avifauna) and ethnographic theme. Dinner and overnight at the hotel
Morning stalking and excursion to the Jandula River for the sighting of the Pardinae Lynx and the European Otter. Visit to the National Park Information Center. In the afternoon stalking and excursion on private property (mammals, birds). Dinner and overnight at the hotel
Full day dedicated to the sighting of the Lynx, other mammals and birdlife in the two sites of La Lancha Road and Jandula River Dam. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Morning transfer by land to Madrid (approx. 3h 15 min) and return flight to Italy.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation in a double room - full board treatment (in Sierra de Andújar), accommodation in Sierra de la Culebra
- Accompaniment of the Italian biologist for the entire duration of the trip
- All ground transfers with local driver / guide
- Entrance and activity taxes in parks and reserves
- Medical insurance - baggage
- International flight and airport taxes
- Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks
- All meals in Sierra de la Culebra and along the way
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Tips and personal extras and in general what is not included in "Inclusive Services"
Spain - Hinterland
No spots available
per personmore info
Our trip starts here
Thursday 3 February from 10:00 until Thursday 3 February at 12:00
Our trip ends here
Saturday 12 February from 12:00 until Saturday 12 February at 12:00
Reviews of WWF Travel
Other important information
Difficulty level of the trip : activities without particular difficulties, which do not require specific experience but only a minimum of commitment and good physical shape.
Documents : Passport or identity card valid for expatriation, which must be valid for the entire period of stay in the country. In some cases (bank transactions, wire transfers, etc.) it is mandatory to show a passport.
GREEN PASS and COVID19 : Due to the current health emergency and the consequent provisions issued by the local authorities, the itinerary may undergo some changes before and / or during the trip. . We advise the kind travelers to bring their own mask. To stay in the structures, to enter some places and to carry out some activities as scheduled, it will be necessary to provide the Green Pass .
CANCELLATION INSURANCE TOPIC : Following the balance, it will be possible to contact the WWF Travel organizer directly and take out cancellation insurance (not mandatory). NB: The coverage of the cancellation policy refers exclusively to the amount of the participation fee.
Payment and cancellations
For all cetacean watching and research cruises with SKIPPER on board of a SAILBOAT or GOLET the Standard Sailsquare Policies apply..
- If you are more than 45 days away from departure, you can pay a deposit of about 30% and pay the balance within 30 days before departure. For this type of payment there is a handling fee of 25€..
- Until your experience is confirmed, you can cancel your
reservation at any time and receive a full refund of all fees
. Covid19 Policy Update
Are you forced to cancel a confirmed experience when there are more than 30 days to go? Are you unable to travel or reach your departure location due to regulations issued by the relevant authorities? Contact Customer Support and you will receive a full refund of the fees paid.
For all WWF-guided nature observation trips, special cancellation policies apply, which may vary depending on the specific destination.To find out more about the destination you are interested in, contact Sailsquare Customer Care, who will provide you with details for your chosen departure.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- On-site assistance
- Individual and/or group local transport
- Activities as stated in the programme
- Insurance coverages as stated in the programme
- Accommodation as stated in the programme
- WWF guide
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Flights and transfers from/to the destination
- Drinks as stated in the programme
- Personal extras
- Tourist Tax
- Meals as stated in the programme
- Assicurazione annullamento viaggio
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.