Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Private yacht sailing holidays with skipper in Tuscany23 reviews
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
Why rent a sailing boat with skipper in Tuscany
- Sailing in Tuscany for those who live in northern Italy is really convenient: a few hours of travel by car or train and you are immediately on a boat, ready to sail for a weekend, a bridge or a real summer holiday. Sailing boats for hire in Tuscany depart from one of the many ports in the province of Livorno, from Castiglioncello to Piombino, or further south at Punta Ala and Talamone.
- If the starting point is easy to reach, the itineraries and destinations can be the most diverse, which is why chartering a sailing boat with skipper in Tuscany is an excellent solution! You're spoilt for choice: Elba, Giglio and Capraia are within easy reach, but if you get the hang of it, you can reach the Corsica or sail around all the smaller islands of the Tuscan Archipelago.
- The favourable season for renting a sailing boat in Tuscany is quite wide: in summer temperatures are excellent and you rarely suffer from scorching heat, especially on a boat. But even in spring and autumn you can make the most of a sailing holiday, with the cooler weather and brilliant colours of a less harsh sun.
- Not just sailing! Never before has it been so easy as in Tuscany to combine a sailing holiday with other activities, such as trekking and visits to the islands of the archipelago, dinners in delightful little restaurants and birdwatching... while waiting to spot a dolphin!
Hire a sailing boat in Tuscany and build a tailor-made holiday!
You can rent a sailing boat in Tuscany with a skipper and set the pace of your holiday by the sea: you can enjoy total relaxation with itineraries along the coast, discovering the Argentario and the Island of Elba, even with your children; or you can choose more challenging routes, dedicating a greater number of hours to sailing to reach more distant destinations and test your skills as sea wolves. The choice is yours!
Reaching and discovering the coasts of Elba on a sailing boat replaces a seaside holiday with the relaxation and comfort that are often so difficult to achieve in summer, especially if you are on a vacation with children, busy looking for parking, beaches that are not too crowded, shade and cool drinks.
You will have everything you need when you want it on your charter boat: crystal clear waters at any time of day, diving and snorkelling, snacks and naps when you feel like it... and, of course, you will be able to explore new places, beaches and old towns every day.
The coasts of the island of Elba are a constant discovery: the sea varies from blue to green and frames granite cliffs, white pebble beaches or sandy beaches, coloured like the minerals in which the island is rich.
There are many harbours and tourist ports where you can stock up on food and wine delicacies; among the places we recommend you include in your sailing itinerary on the island of Elba are the villages of Portoferraio, Porto Azzurro, Rio Marina and the beaches of Capo Bianco, Marina di Campo and Sansone.
Tuscan Archipelago National Park: seagulls, dolphins, butterflies and a dream seabed
The Tuscan Archipelago National Park, created in 1996, is one of the Italian parks with the strongest integration between land (22%) and sea (78%) and the greatest number of islands, significantly distant and different from each other, rich in endemic species to be safeguarded. A real dream for nature lovers who, by hiring a skippered sailing boat, can discover a unique biodiversity in total freedom, just a stone's throw from home.
After Elba, the largest islands in the archipelago are Giglio and Capraia, both of which are popular with divers and snorkelers because of their clear waters and wealth of life: try to spot the now rare seahorse among the Posidonia leaves, and keep your eyes peeled for grouper, bream, sea bream and amberjack burrows in the rocky recesses
The Cetacean Sanctuary between northern Italy and France also stretches around the islands of the Tuscan Archipelago, and it is not uncommon in the summer months to spot dolphins and fin whales; but looking up will also give you satisfaction: Corsican Gulls, Peregrine Falcons, Berta and Kestrels fly here.
Gorgona to the north and Giannina to the south. Gorgona to the north and Giannutri to the south are the two wild and mysterious islands that enclose the park area and can become a final destination for your personalised sailing itinerary.
Along the Tuscan coast
For a sailing cruise of a few days or for a family holiday, sailing along the beautiful Tuscan coast gives you a taste of the unique views and sea life.
To the north, you start with a fascinating stretch of coastline over 150 kilometres long that is not easy to explore by land except on horseback: the Maremma, full of coves and long stretches of sandy coastline protected by pine forests.
More southerly, renting a skippered sailing boat can help you discover the Argentario promontory at your own pace, with its sheer cliffs and crags, contrasting with the Orbetello lagoon, a WWF Oasis, and the long beaches of Feniglia and Giannella. The exclusive Capalbio coastline is only a breath away!
From Tuscany around the Tyrrhenian Sea: setting sail
If you're ready to cast off for good, chartering a sailboat from Tuscany allows you to go wherever you want... to Corsica for example. From the island of Elba or Capraia you can set sail, usually towards Cap Corse, always with the best possible advice from your skipper, of course.
How to rent a sailing boat with skipper in Tuscany
- Letting a whole boat guarantees you total freedom. Many of our proposals for sailing holidays in Tuscany can be exclusive! Choose the right period of time with the filters on the page and enter the holiday that fascinates you most: by moving the cursor to "whole boat" (below the price) you will get an idea of the cost for the charter and what it includes. This is how you start to organise your exclusive holiday, whether with family or friends.
- Sailsquare allows you to contact the skipper directly in order to receive all the information you need and to define every useful detail for the rental of the sailboat.
- Time is money! Book early (at least 2-4 months) and you will find great prices and early-booking discounts. If you're not planning to leave during the peak season, the bargain is assured and the choice of boats or catamarans for exclusive charter is certainly wider.
- The sailboat rental with skipper enables you to experience a carefree holiday. Depending on your wishes and the weather conditions, the professional skipper will make the best decisions every day: itinerary, shore excursions, best swimming spots and moorings. All that's left for you to do is enjoy a relaxing and carefree sailing holiday.
- If you have any questions about the sailboat and catamaran skippered charter service, or would like more information, please read our frequently asked questions page, or contact us!