Why you should book a holiday with Sailsquare?
The leading sailing holiday marketplace
25,000+ happy travellers, and 10,000+ holidays in 110 destinations worldwide.
Get onboard solo, with your family, or your friends
Reserve a single spot, a cabin, or a whole boat just for you and your friends or family.
Discover who’s already onboard
Introduce yourselves online, get to know each other onboard, and go home with a bunch of new friends.
Sailing holidays that suit all budgets
Rumour has it that sailing holidays are only for the rich or well-connected. With Sailsquare, that's no longer true. Come and discover a world you never thought was accessible!
Reviews - Hire a whole boat with skipper in the Balearic Islands1 review
Would you like some support using the platform? We've (almost) always got the answers!
Can't find the perfect holiday for you?
Use our free holiday concierge tool - and let us find your dream sailing experience for you!Let's find it together!
6 reasons to charter a boat in the Balearic Islands:
- One of the world's most popular destinations for yachting and beach holidays
- Balearic yacht charter will provide you with everything you need for a unique experience, either with your family or your friends
- Explore the most remote corners of the archipelago with a local skipper who will help you discover all the secrets of the islands far from the tourist crowds
Balearic Islands yacht charter with a local skipper
If you decide to do a Balearic yacht charter, the starting point is most likely to be from Ibiza or Mallorca due to the good accessibility of both islands. The Balearic Islands offer very varied routes adapted to all tastes, you can sail as an expert and improve your sailing skills or you can even embark as a beginner and learn all the basic manoeuvres for sailing during a sailing course.
Destinations for yacht charter Balearic Islands
The Mallorca yacht charter is ideal for enjoying the crystal clear waters of its beaches, the Spanish joie de vivre and the delicious traditional food of this island. In addition, Mallorca is easily accessible by ferry from the mainland and by plane.
The boat charter in Ibiza is the perfect plan for those looking for a more dynamic and active sailing holiday with skipper, as the island never sleeps here. As well as paradisiacal coves and dreamy landscapes, you'll also find some of the world's most famous nightclubs where every top DJ will be playing.
The boat rentals in Formentera and boat rentals in Menorca are more commonly used by travellers looking for peace and quiet, beautiful Mediterranean scenery, good food and enjoyment with their loved ones.
Everything you need to know for yacht charter Balearic Islands:
- The best time for yacht charter Baleares is between September and the end of October, when the weather is still warm and pleasant for a dip and when tourism on the islands is much less present than during the high season.
- You can rent a boat in the Balearic Islands from 800€ for a monohull. However, if you wish to charter a catamaran, the price is relatively higher depending on the period of the year you decide to travel (from 1,200€ approx.)
- Accessing the Balearic Islands is very easy from the mainland, the connections are quite good and you can reach the islands by ferry or directly by plane.
The best itineraries for yacht charter in the Balearic Islands
Some examples of routes for yacht charter Balearic Islands:
- One week in the Balearic Islands: Ibiza - Formentera - Andratx - Pollença - Ciutadella - Mahón - Cala D'Or - Palma de Mallorca
- Boats for hire in Majorca: Palma - Portals Vells - Andratx - Cabrera - Sa Rápita - Cala Pi - Palma
- Alquiler de barcos en Ibiza y Formentera: Ibiza - Es Cavallet - El Pujols - Es Caló - Sant Agustí - Playa de Migjorn - Saona - Savina - Playa de Bossa - Ibiza