This is a holiday dedicated to
Brief description of the holiday
Welcome on board !
A transatlantic is a unique experience. The ultimate sailing experience. A great human experience, come and live with us.
- Welcome on Friday evening or Saturday morning at 9.30 am at the latest. We meet on the sailboat located in the port of Horta on the island of Faial
- Victualling on Saturday morning followed by security briefing
- Departure on the Mediterranean
- Transatlantic navigation marked by stops.
- Arrival at the Port of Saint Laurent Du Var on Sunday morning
- Storage and cleaning before landing on Sunday
The stops are considered according to the weather conditions and can be in Gibraltar, the south of Spain, the Mediterranean coastline French etc ...
Possibility of taking the complete Transatlantic From the Antilles - St Laurent du Var for a total price of 2730 €
Check out the crew!
2 spots available
per personmore info
It is a racing sailboat initially designed in 2002 to participate in one of the most prestigious offshore and solo races: "La Route du Rhum". It was named in memory of the numerous friends, trainees and crew members who made its history by contributing to the adventure of the Route du Rhum of 2002 and later by sharing our courses cruises. It is an Open 55, a 16.5-meter all-aluminum monohull with 3 cabins, a large saloon and a remarkably spacious cockpit, which offers beautiful sensations of speed and lightness in a warm comfort. He is especially prepared to make transatlantic crossings safely, in record time. Enjoy his performances and share his temperament by building memorable memorabilia.
Our trip starts here
Friday 29 April from 10:00 until Friday 29 April at 18:00
Our trip ends here
Saturday 14 May from 8:00 until Saturday 14 May at 13:00
Reviews of Hervé
Other important information
Board cash: 25 Euros per day and per person (to be paid on arrival for refueling) A valid passport is mandatory! At sea the nights are cool, even in summer, so think about warm clothes Fleece and windproof Off season: gloves, hat, warm underwear Provide spare parts in sufficient quantities (no washing powder while sailing) Do not forget the sun protection (glasses, sunscreen, cap, long-sleeved t-shirt, canvas pants) Reserve a pair of shoes for walking exclusively on the deck of the sailboat (soles leaving no black marks) and a pair of boots (no heavy gardening boots crampon!) Bring a sleeping bag (or sheet in summer) A headlamp can be very useful at night! A small pharmacy adapted to your personal needs. In offshore navigation and particularly in transatlantic the waxed is essential. We can lend you one if necessary but you will always be more comfortable with your equipment). We also recommend a specially adapted set sailing pants or dungarees + quarter jacket. Put your things in a bag flexible that can be easily stored without taking up space
Payment and cancellations
This Experience undergoes Sailsquare reservation and cancellation policies.
- Book this Experience paying directly via credit card, or via wire transfer.
- If this Experience starts in more than 45 days, you can pay a deposit of around30% and then pay the balance within 30 days before the departure date. A handling fee of 25 Euros per reservation is required.
- If the Experience is not Confirmed yet, you may cancel your reservation anytime and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
- Policy update - Covid19
Are you obliged to cancel a reservation of a Confirmed Experience? Contact our Customer Support within 30 days before the departure date and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares. Are you unable to reach the embarkation point due to regulations issued by the competent Authorities?Contact our Customer Support and you will be entitled to a full refund of the paid shares.
Knowing what expenses are included and excluded from your booking fee will enable you to have a good idea of the total cost of your chosen experience.
Included in the price.
- Final cleaning
Not included in the price.
- Meals/drinks consumed ashore
- Trip from and to embarkment/disembarkment port
To be paid onboard.
In addition to the price, there will be some additional expenses that you will incur during your trip. Expenses have been listed below.
- Meals onboard
- Mooring fees
- Drinks onboard
The estimated expenses for the rest of the holiday are approximately > 300€ per person.